Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

neddynono wrote: »
    Hot press have an article up about guns n roses fans vs touts which says only 330 tickets left at time of writing...doesn't say whether that's overall or gold circle...

I think they're talking about re-sale tickets. Just checked seatwave and it quotes 338 left. Read the article and it is a bit misleading though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

Its a fight unless you paid the extra 180 odd per ticket for gold circle with early entry, load of rubbish that not alone have you paid extra to be closer to the stage, but then charge 328 + TM fees to get in early

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

There are early entry Gold Circle tickets.
    They are also rather expensive.

Other than those, it will be a fight to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wjm1974

Good to know - I'll fight my way through no doubt! 
    180 extra was just too much for that! I've been there a few times now and I think the extra for the GC is worth it unless youre happy getting crushed at the front - which I was 25 years ago but not now!
    I was there in '92 and cant wait to see them again. Just hope they're not late again!

lambayire wrote: »
    There are early entry Gold Circle tickets.
    They are also rather expensive.

Other than those, it will be a fight to the front.

The mind boggles why anyone would pay an extra €180 for the privilege of standing at a barrier for maybe 30-60 minutes looking at an empty stage but each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

grimm2005 wrote: »
    The mind boggles why anyone would pay an extra €180 for the privilege of standing at a barrier for maybe 30-60 minutes looking at an empty stage but each to their own.

But you get all this superb stuff too
    Limited edition GN'R VIP gift pack,Souvenir GN'R tour laminate & lanyard and VIP commemorative ticket
    Not forgetting the Designated check-in with our on-site event staff ,which is invaluable I find.

Seriously though its a joke how they can charge so much for utter junk like a laminate and lanyard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

wonder when will the support be announced. usually the support acts for slane are decent.

It broke my heart paying the 6.85 service charge!

Sorry back to my original question - is there a difference in GC A & B apart from what side of the stage you are at - I would have liked A as that's where Slash will be but I can live with that as he will move and as for AXL if he's anything like he was in '92 (which I know he certainly isnt physically) he will be all over the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

wonder when will the support be announced. usually the support acts for slane are decent.

Gareth Brooks :D

Gareth 'n Roses would have sold out 3 times over by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thin Lizzy would be great again. They were and excellent support in 2012, really tight and got the crowd going. Hell if they have been there in 2010, then I reckon the mood in the crowd would have been different.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

wjm1974 wrote: »
    Sorry back to my original question - is there a difference in GC A & B apart from what side of the stage you are at - I would have liked A as that's where Slash will be but I can live with that as he will move and as for AXL if he's anything like he was in '92 (which I know he certainly isnt physically) he will be all over the shop!

Would love to know as well how that works. Fanclub tickets just state "Gold Circle" without A or B. So what's the deal with those?
    At the mercy of the Stewards? First come first served? Personal choice option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I know some people who got multiple tickets in the presale hoping to scalp the extras.......karma?! :D

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Would love to know as well how that works. Fanclub tickets just state "Gold Circle" without A or B. So what's the deal with those?
    At the mercy of the Stewards? First come first served? Personal choice option?

If you search for Golden Circle Pit A on ticketmaster it's sold out and you can only get B but if you opt for Golden Circle with early entry, they give you Pit A as the only option so at a complete guess, maybe they're keeping early entry tickets to Pit A and regular Golden Circle get Pit B (which realistically would negate the extra cost of the early entry tickets as you'd still have an empty pit and barriers for the regular non-early entry crowd who bought tix for Pit B)

Your theory sounds feasible Grimm2005 - I still would have liked to be in front of Slash!
    For anyone who has been in the Golden Circle before are there bar facilities down there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

wjm1974 wrote: »
    Your theory sounds feasible Grimm2005 - I still would have liked to be in front of Slash!
    For anyone who has been in the Golden Circle before are there bar facilities down there too?

Yeah I think Slash is to the right, Fortus to the left and Axl/Duff mostly around the centre (or moving around). Axl still likes to run about, just not as fast as before!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Oh I wonder if I'm A or B?

I got pre sale tickets. I hope I'm A for Slash's side.

Also would like to know about the facilities around the circle. Hope toilets are near by!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Toilets inside the golden circle at Slane? :pac:

Have you been to a big outdoor gig before? The golden circle is just the pit in front of stage. There won't be toilets anywhere near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

grimm2005 wrote: »
    If you search for Golden Circle Pit A on ticketmaster it's sold out and you can only get B but if you opt for Golden Circle with early entry, they give you Pit A as the only option so at a complete guess, maybe they're keeping early entry tickets to Pit A and regular Golden Circle get Pit B (which realistically would negate the extra cost of the early entry tickets as you'd still have an empty pit and barriers for the regular non-early entry crowd who bought tix for Pit B)

Ahhh that makes sense.
    I got 2 GA tickets this morning online but my mate works in centre and got his hands on 2 gold circle tickets.
    I bought them but then realise it's for B pit, will there be any other benefits with these tickets aside from just seperate from the standard GA ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

General admission gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

threein99 wrote: »
    General admission gone?

Nope, popped up straight away for me just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Can't believe it hasn't sold out. A Slane factor or are a Reformed GNR not a draw?

For me I would go anywhere to see the Reformed Band but understand that not everyone would be a die hard fan. I would be very favourable to the Foo Fighters but wouldn't travel to Slane to see them, definitely would have went to Croke Park or Lansdowne Road (probably even Punchestown)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm not surprised it hasn't sold out. The cheapest tickets are 100 quid and there's 80,000 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Not my real name

Tried the app for the first time, got 2 GA at 9am. No waiting at all.

Really excited but haven't been to Slane since 2001 so hoping it's not as bad as some say!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't believe it hasn't sold out. A Slane factor or are a Reformed GNR not a draw?

For me I would go anywhere to see the Reformed Band but understand that not everyone would be a die hard fan. I would be very favourable to the Foo Fighters but wouldn't travel to Slane to see them, definitely would have went to Croke Park or Lansdowne Road (probably even Punchestown)

i Would just not enjoy Slane and thats why im heading to London 1 to see them. Im sitting down in the stands, have a good view of the stage and the sound/weather will hopefully be perfect

Slane will be good no doubt but not for me

Im hoping when U2 tour in 2018 they dont play Slane but have a feeling Slane may be back as an annual thing from next year on if its goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

On top of the gig itself, I'm looking forward to the campsite beer and banter. It was great craic in there at the Foos.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

MadYaker wrote: »
    Toilets inside the golden circle at Slane? :pac:

Have you been to a big outdoor gig before? The golden circle is just the pit in front of stage. There won't be toilets anywhere near you.

No toilets near the golden circle at slane? Have you been to a gig at slane before? There is toilets right outside the entrance of GC A :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I can't believe it didn't sell out instantly. I was working all day and just found out now.
    Maybe it's a bit close to Christmas? I have mine anyway, I can't wait.
    The gobshiites better get the bar situation ironed out this time, at the last gig the q's where horrendous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

On top of the gig itself, I'm looking forward to the campsite beer and banter. It was great craic in there at the Foos.
    Same as that, make a weekend of it, chill with a few beers on the Friday night, huddle round the campfire with the Gunners blasting from the stereo. Good friends, good beer, good tunes, what more do you need??!!

Hoping for a good undercard, someone suggested Lizzy/Black Star Riders, would be great. The Answer would be good too. Probably asking too much for an appearance from Alice in Chains or The Cult??!! Any other suggestions??

Advertisement