Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Can't believe it hasn't sold out. A Slane factor or are a Reformed GNR not a draw?

I suspect that for some people the 'Slane factor' will be completely negated by the Guns n Roses factor. They're an old band that haven't released an album in 8 years, and haven't released a good album in 25 years. They're not a band that people would head along to with a bunch of mates, just for the craic, especially at that price. They're an older person's band, and while older people frequently come out in big numbers that result in speedy sell-outs (AC/DC in Aviva, every Rolling Stones gig), it doesn't always happen. 80,000 is an enormous amount of people. I think it will sell out, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

MadYaker wrote: »
    Toilets inside the golden circle at Slane? :pac:

Have you been to a big outdoor gig before? The golden circle is just the pit in front of stage. There won't be toilets anywhere near you.

No toilets near the golden circle at slane? Have you been to a gig at slane before? There is toilets right outside the entrance of GC A :D
    Can you confirm then if Golden Circle A was in front of Golden Circle B or they were beside each other with a seperating barrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Tickets situation on ticketmaster is odd. I was logged in and checked this evening and could get vip tickets. Then I logged out and checked again for the same tickets, All gone, but got the helpful suggestion that I try their scalping site. Heard on newstalk that the minister plans to investigate these scalpers.good luck I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Can you confirm then if Golden Circle A was in front of Golden Circle B or they were beside each other with a seperating barrier?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-co-meath-05-27-2017/event/1800517EB75EBAFD

seating chart there. A and B are beside each other

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Layne wrote: »
    Same as that, make a weekend of it, chill with a few beers on the Friday night, huddle round the campfire with the Gunners blasting from the stereo.

I didnt know theres a campsite!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Adjacent and separated by barriers, there will usually be a catwalk between these. The entrances are at both ends nearest to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

Not to cause alarm but its sold out when I tried my laptop just now...
    If this isnt a glitch touts are waking up to mass sales, but it hasnt been officially announced so disregard this post until further notice, gutted my mates and I left it too long thinking it wouldnt sell until april...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

shadow7ml wrote: »
    Not to cause alarm but its sold out when I tried my laptop just now...
    If this isnt a glitch touts are waking up to mass sales, but it hasnt been officially announced so disregard this post until further notice, gutted my mates and I left it too long thinking it wouldnt sell until april...

Try in the morning ticketmaster begins shutting down overnight (which is good for me tbh would be waking up to gig tickets I bought in haste after a few beers :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

Haha Don't i know it ended up going to nickelback because of that...long story. I know they do but it closes down later and give the message error processing request, here it says no tickets match search, the early entry gold circle at 330 still show up... I think its a sell out lads on day one, impressive, but im still hoping to nab a ticket close to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

No toilets near the golden circle at slane? Have you been to a gig at slane before? There is toilets right outside the entrance of GC A :D

Thanks for answering my question sensibly.:D

Apparently it's sold out now guys?

Delighted in one way for GN'R. They deserve this crowd but sickened the scaplers will probably rip off all the people who didn't have money on the lead up to Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Pink11 wrote: »
    Thanks for answering my question sensibly.:D

Apparently it's sold out now guys?

Delighted in one way for GN'R. They deserve this crowd but sickened the scaplers will probably rip off all the people who didn't have money on the lead up to Christmas.

there will be hundreds, if not thousands, if not thousands of tickets flying about in the month leading up to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

scudzilla wrote: »
    there will be hundreds, if not thousands, if not thousands of tickets flying about in the month leading up to the gig

Why do promoters do that? i don't understand?

In the meantime though people will panic and pay those disgusting scaplers for triple face value! Some of the listings on seatwave would make you sick. A ticketmaster 'partner' site. When will this crap be shut down?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Pink11 wrote: »
    Why do promoters do that? i don't understand?

In the meantime though people will panic and pay those disgusting scaplers for triple face value! Some of the listings on seatwave would make you sick. A ticketmaster 'partner' site. When will this crap be shut down?!

probably not promotors but people selling tickets as unable to go for whatever reason, or a mate has pulled out

I bought 2, for my wife and mate, couldn't afford the third for myself until Jan, i'm not worrried in the slightest, i'm 100% confident i'll get one easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

askU wrote: »
    I didnt know theres a campsite!
    Yes, there is an unofficial one virtually across the road. Stayed there for the Foos. Really chilled with plenty of space. Cost something like €20 per person for the weekend which is decent value imo. Think it was slanecamping.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

scudzilla wrote: »
    probably not promotors but people selling tickets as unable to go for whatever reason, or a mate has pulled out

I bought 2, for my wife and mate, couldn't afford the third for myself until Jan, i'm not worrried in the slightest, i'm 100% confident i'll get one easy enough

Bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommo22

I got presale tickets for gold circle. Printed them out on tuesday and it just said section: GOLD.
    I checked today, and if I reprint them it says section: GOLD A.
    So I think all presale will be Gold A.
    Tickets are 26.70 (including booking fee) for friday and saturday night camping, available from slanecamping.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Birneybau wrote:
    Bullsh1t

I'd have to complete agree with them, you 'll find tickets handy leading up to it, promoter may even release production tickets. I've bought many a ticket from ticketmaster for sold out shows after the fact including slane

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Birneybau wrote: »
    Bullsh1t

what do you mean by bullsh*t eactly?

You think it will be hard to get ticket, or that tickets are not sold by people who can't go or what?

http://www.hotpress.com/Eminem/news/Eminem--Slane-sells-out-within-hours/2806397.html
    Eminem and 50 Cent's double headliner at Slane castle has proven a massive draw card

80, 000 tickets were snapped up this morning under two hours this morning when tickets for Slane Castle went on sale at 8am.
    Tickets were 79.50 before fees, likely around 6.85 extra

Now look at plenty being sold on toutless for E40-70
    http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16417&p=100369&hilit=slane+eminem#p100369

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wjm1974

Coming from Belfast, can anyone recommend any good hotels to stay in after the concert?

wjm1974 wrote: »
    Coming from Belfast, can anyone recommend any good hotels to stay in after the concert?

slane is a small village, accommodation could well be long gone in the area at this stage, so id recommend heading back to dublin for the night. should be plenty of buses running to dublin after the gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Drogheda may be an option for hotels, it's about 20 mins from Slane.

Want to try to stay somewhere north of slane to make the return journey shorter - stayed in the carrickdale the last time - it was grand (apart from me boking in the shower) but just wondering if there was anywhere else on the north side?

Musefan wrote: »
    Drogheda may be an option for hotels, it's about 20 mins from Slane.
    Want to try to stay somewhere north of slane to make the return journey shorter - stayed in the carrickdale the last time - it was grand (apart from me boking in the shower) but just wondering if there was anywhere else on the north side?

would there be buses running to drogheda? driving to slane would be a pain in the hole

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    would there be buses running to drogheda? driving to slane would be a pain in the hole

Not sure about that day in particular but the Drogheda-Trim bus goes through Slane every hour as far as I am aware.

Agree with Wanderer78 - a bus from Drogheda to and from the concert would be ideal.

Agree with Wanderer78 - a bus from Drogheda to and from the concert would be ideal.

surely there is a bus running, didnt realise how close drogheda was to slane. its worth looking into

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Matthews run buses for events, says on their website they'll have buses for events in Slane. Nice decent coaches too.

http://commuter.matthews.ie/index.php/concerts-a-events

Navan is equidistant! Either Drogheda or Navan would be great...but taking a gander on Booking.com tells me many people have had the same idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ashbourne might be another option for hotels, its about 15 miles from Slane and 10 from Dublin on the same road (N2)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

There will be plenty of bus eireann coaches to and from slane serving the surrounding towns, Navan and Drogheda included.

Advertisement