Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Gig now listed as sold out as of 22 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Amazing news but feel so sorry for the people who couldn't afford a ticket at this time of year and will now panic and buy at extortionate prices over next few months. The touts will have a field day.

Seatwave & all those other sites need to be regulated!

(the announcement is on slane castle and MCD facebook page for anyone wondering)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Surprised it sold out, didnt see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Muahahaha wrote: »

But is it really sold out ????. A lot of gig's are listed as sold out but tickets appear in the months/weeks leading up to the gig

Possibly a few 1000 tickets may go on sale early next year

There really getting there financial reward on this tour

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

PTH2009 wrote: »
    But is it really sold out ????. A lot of gig's are listed as sold out but tickets appear in the months/weeks leading up to the gig

Either way whatever the amount they had to hit, they hit it in less than 24 hours. Tickets were unavailable 12 hours after going on sale.

They sold 1 million tickets in Europe in 24 hours. They were always bigger all over the world than America.

• Advertisement

Can't imagine Slane will get a good support bill as its now sold out without the need to get a top class support band to push sale ???

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wjm1974

You can still buy the "Welcome to the Jungle" tickets at just over a grand - not sure what that gives you but i'd like to hope youd get invited up on to the stage to jam with them for the most part of the day! They also put you into GC A so thats where all the "big hitters" will be LOL!
    PTH2009 - I hope they have a good support act, is there anyone supporting their most recent concerts to date?

You can still buy the "Welcome to the Jungle" tickets at just over a grand - not sure what that gives you but i'd like to hope youd get invited up on to the stage to jam with them for the most part of the day! They also put you into GC A so thats where all the "big hitters" will be LOL!
    PTH2009 - I hope they have a good support act, is there anyone supporting their most recent concerts to date?

• Advertisement

I wonder will GNR take 2018 off and we will see an extensive Axl/DC world tour then

Maybe ACDC will finally get there Slane date in 2018 fronted by Axl Rose

An Acdc/Guns N Roses supergroup ??. Axl, Angus, Duff, Slash, Stevie Young and Chris Slade. $$$$€€€€€£££££ lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭secman

Muahahaha wrote: »

It was 96 % sold on Friday evening, so not surprised the last 4% went over Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

No its not sold out ,as in they didnt sell 80k tickets.

They have sold the initial allocation of the 80k tickets ,probably 70k.
    The remaining tickets will be released over the next 6 months.

There will be no bother picking up a ticket between now and May at face value ,either on Ticketmaster or off a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Maybe ACDC will finally get there Slane date in 2018 fronted by Axl Rose

I can't see that happening. Although Axl doesn't do a bad job, its not the same without Brian. It was nice to see ACDC with Chris Slade on drums last year in the Aviva, but not having Malcom was a downer. After seeing ACDC in 2009 with the classic line up, I would have no interest in seeing them again (or paying around €100 for the privilege), with just 2 out of those 5 members in the band.
    I know GnR only have 3 out of the members from their classic line up, but we'll probably never get to see the full 5 of them. I had no interest of seeing Axl and his band when they played here!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommo22

Anyone still looking for tickets can still buy ticketmaster platinum tickets in golden circle for 280. Still a lot more than the 156 I paid, but its better than the prices on seatwave which charge an additional 15 to 20% booking fee on top of the inflated prices. No to mention that any e-tickets bought from seatwave could be sold many times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I can't believe it didn't sell out instantly. I was working all day and just found out now.
    Maybe it's a bit close to Christmas? I have mine anyway, I can't wait.
    The gobshiites better get the bar situation ironed out this time, at the last gig the q's where horrendous.
    The venue is sh1t and the tickets are a rip off. Still sold out eventually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

The Nal wrote: »
    The venue is sh1t and the tickets are a rip off. Still sold out eventually though.

when you look past your bias.... not really... Its the opening leg of the European Tour so they should be fresh, ticket prices are cheaper than London for standing (seating just got dearer again) and your more likely to get more support acts at Slane too given Slane's history as sort of a day festival. Although the number of bands isnt what it was in the early 00s, and now its sold out MCD will probably skimp on that.
    The sound will be better than a stadium too and the bars no worse providing you arent trying to get to it during the acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Got my tickets today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Are they posting out tickets this early?

• Advertisement

gooner99 wrote: »
    Are they posting out tickets this early?

Yep. Got bieber tickets for the OH last week. They were also posted out today. Very quick. Could be for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Utah wrote: »
    Yep. Got bieber tickets for the OH last week. They were also posted out today. Very quick. Could be for Christmas?

Hmmm ;)

threein99 wrote: »
    Hmmm ;)

Swear :)

Tickets arrived yesterday - yee ha!