Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

wjm1974 wrote: »
    Tickets arrived yesterday - yee ha!

Any sign of those tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Any sign of those tickets yet?

They're probably in the post. I'm sure he'll let us know when they arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Do they usually release more tickets for Slane closer to the time or is this it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

veganrun wrote: »
    Do they usually release more tickets for Slane closer to the time or is this it?

Yes they do and loads of people who have tickets now, for one reason or another, won't be able to go. You'll have no problem getting a ticket closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

veganrun wrote: »

Yes, when searching on google and you can select specific time frames to search within, and so can predict or at least see what happened in previous years. I was posting about eminem before, tickets were sold out no longer on sale on ticketmaster soon after but you could easily get them on toutless, many quite a bit below face value. Not sure if more went on sale on ticketmaster after the first claim of them being sold out.

People buy tickets for others who pull out of gigs, especially gigs so far away in both time & distance, and gigs which are difficult to travel to and which are full day events (many going to GNR will need babysitters).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I wonder if there is any correlation between how quickly Slane sells out, and how weak the supporting line up is? Looking back on previous Slanes there have been impressive support for some years whilst other years have been atrocious. Yes Bon Jovi year I mean you.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I can never understand how the support act might affect sales.

The support act wold have zero bearing on whether I do or don't go to a gig.
    I'm all about the main act.

lambayire wrote: »
    I can never understand how the support act might affect sales.

The support act wold have zero bearing on whether I do or don't go to a gig.
    I'm all about the main act.
    Never done it myself but know plenty who have gone to a gig primarily to see the support act. I know a couple who went to iron maiden because Marilyn Manson supported and one who went to rhcp because of new order. I once nearly went to a Tina turner gig because John fogerty was on the bill. Couldn't bring myself to do it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

corm500 wrote: »
    Never done it myself but know plenty who have gone to a gig primarily to see the support act. I know a couple who went to iron maiden because Marilyn Manson supported and one who went to rhcp because of new order. I once nearly went to a Tina turner gig because John fogerty was on the bill. Couldn't bring myself to do it in the end

I went to see Linkin Park in Dublin, Ireland just to see Queens of the Stone Age.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

greenspurs wrote: »
    I went to see Linkin Park in Dublin, Ireland just to see Queens of the Stone Age.....

I'm going to avenged sevenfold next Sat just to see Disturbed who are the support band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Same here!

If AIC were announced for Slane, I'd be more excited for them tbh. GNR would be a mighty addition to the day then.

Mushy wrote: »
    Same here!

If AIC were announced for Slane, I'd be more excited for them tbh. GNR would be a mighty addition to the day then.

AiC have supported them on US legs (?)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wolfmother are doing the Oz dates

The trend of big local acts continue. Harder to predict what will happen in Europe now.

Can anyone see it being Royal Blood?

The trend of big local acts continue. Harder to predict what will happen in Europe now.

Knowing MCD it will be The Coronas 😩

I'm thinking GNR will take a band on the full run, anything after that will be MCD solely. Trying to think of decent sized bands that would fit in across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm thinking GNR will take a band on the full run, anything after that will be MCD solely. Trying to think of decent sized bands that would fit in across Europe.

Ghost ;)

Ghost ;)

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Maid Upname

Does anyone know if there are coaches going up and back to Slane from Dublin or surrounding area? Trying to look them up but can't find anything. Maybe it's too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Does anyone know if there are coaches going up and back to Slane from Dublin or surrounding area? Trying to look them up but can't find anything. Maybe it's too early?

Aside from booking your own from various companies Dublin bus typically run shuttle buses out, obviously tickets be limited and they even sell at TM outlets, Sound Cellar and their own HQ but ya too early for that I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Maid Upname

Aside from booking your own from various companies Dublin bus typically run shuttle buses out, obviously tickets be limited and they even sell at TM outlets, Sound Cellar and their own HQ but ya too early for that I'd imagine.

Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi. Got my 3 gold circle tickets in the post. I am selling them as I changed to 2 VIP tickets instead. So selling these gold circle tickets off. Have you guys sold tickets before, where is the best place to sell them. Was thinking facebook or donedeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi. Got my 3 gold circle tickets in the post. I am selling them as I changed to 2 VIP tickets instead. So selling these gold circle tickets off. Have you guys sold tickets before, where is the best place to sell them. Was thinking facebook or donedeal?
    www.toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

How far is the venue from the village ? I will be staying in navan. Would it be a good idea to go into village after the gig for a few pints and get a taxi when the crowd dies down or would there be transport to navan after the gig ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

spindex wrote: »
    How far is the venue from the village ? I will be staying in navan. Would it be a good idea to go into village after the gig for a few pints and get a taxi when the crowd dies down or would the be transport to navan after the gig ?
    *snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

spindex wrote: »
    How far is the venue from the village ? I will be staying in navan. Would it be a good idea to go into village after the gig for a few pints and get a taxi when the crowd dies down or would the be transport to navan after the gig ?

Order one for maybe 11, ask them to meet you on the bridge. No problems ;-)

In reality, a taxi wouldn't get near the village that night

As bad as Paddy Casey supporting Pearl Jam in the Point in 2000 !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

The gold circle tickets I received don't have A or B on them. Anyone else's tickets like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

As bad as Paddy Casey supporting Pearl Jam in the Point in 2000 !! :D

or the Blizzards supporting ACDC! In fairness, The Answer were the main support act that day.

• Advertisement

or the Blizzards supporting ACDC! In fairness, The Answer were the main support act that day.

Went to see Eric Clapton in the Point in the early 90's. He had Davy Spillane (the uilleann piper) as support. Although the wierdest one ever was when I saw Meatloaf in the national stadium and he had a comedian as the support act :D

Advertisement