Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

hargun wrote: »
    First time at an open air concert, kids got us tickets for Xmas, and really looking forward to it. I hear it's very strict on what can and can't be brought in, can we bring a small back pack and if so what else can we bring that would be useful. Any help would be much appreciated

No back packs allowed also no lightsabers http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_faqs.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Traveling from Kells for the concert. Have 2 options. Bus from Kells for 20 return. Have vip tickets so could drive and use the vip car park. Anyone experience/advice for either option?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I will be dropping off some concert goers, coming from the N51 Drogheda direction. Will there be somewhere close to the venue that I can set down and leave them/collect them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Musefan wrote: »
    I will be dropping off some concert goers, coming from the N51 Drogheda direction. Will there be somewhere close to the venue that I can set down and leave them/collect them?

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. You won't get into the village and you'll pass a few checkpoints along the way but if you tell the guards you live just up from Ledwidge Cottage and they should let you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

Quick question re driving to Slane on the Friday night before gig: Will I be able to drive up N2 and through Slane as normal or will there be road closures etc? Also, I'm guessing all pubs in Slane will be absolutely jammers that night? Locals wanting their quiet Friday or Saturday night pints must be well p****d off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

pawdee wrote: »
    Quick question re driving to Slane on the Friday night before gig: Will I be able to drive up N2 and through Slane as normal or will there be road closures etc? Also, I'm guessing all pubs in Slane will be absolutely jammers that night? Locals wanting their quiet Friday or Saturday night pints must be well p****d off!!

I'm fairly sure the road closures only come into effect on Saturday morning. That's what the camping info seems to suggest anyway.

Not sure on the pubs situation but I'd wager there isn't that much accommodation in Slane town itself to warrant packed out pubs? Unless the campers make their way into town but that's a bit of a wander. I for one will be sitting outside my tent for the evening with beer in hand!

pawdee wrote: »

Roads through the village won't close till about 9am on the Saturday morning. Pubs on the Friday night will be fairly full and there's normally a good buzz around. The locals enjoy the craic as much as everyone else.

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Not sure on the pubs situation but I'd wager there isn't that much accommodation in Slane town itself to warrant packed out pubs? Unless the campers make their way into town but that's a bit of a wander. I for one will be sitting outside my tent for the evening with beer in hand!

It's only a 10 min walk from the campsite to the village. Make sure to bring plenty of beer as there's no official off licence in the village and pubs won't be doing off sales on the Saturday. And if you plan to take a walk into the village on the Saturday morning make sure to bring your ticket. It's the only way you'll get past the checkpoint and back to the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leothom8787

Is it possible to get a bus back to dublin from here without having to get a bus down aswell as we have a lift down but no way home??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

No back packs allowed also no lightsabers http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_faqs.php

Does this mean no bags at all? What if someone needs to carry a raincoat(its ireland after all) or some suncream or whatever they may need to last a day in a field!?

Such a crap rule!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Is it possible to get a bus back to dublin from here without having to get a bus down aswell as we have a lift down but no way home??

Dublin Bus only sell return tickets so you'd probably just need to buy a return ticket and only use it one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

It's only a 10 min walk from the campsite to the village. Make sure to bring plenty of beer as there's no official off licence in the village and pubs won't be doing off sales on the Saturday. And if you plan to take a walk into the village on the Saturday morning make sure to bring your ticket. It's the only way you'll get past the checkpoint and back to the campsite.

Ahh, didn't realise the campsite was that close. I'll be stocking the van up with plenty of supplies anyway so hopefully won't have to go too far afield.

I assume the campsite has a chip van or two for sustenance as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Ahh, didn't realise the campsite was that close. I'll be stocking the van up with plenty of supplies anyway so hopefully won't have to go too far afield.

I assume the campsite has a chip van or two for sustenance as well?

It does. Big queues in the mornings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭klose

frag420 wrote: »
    Does this mean no bags at all? What if someone needs to carry a raincoat(its ireland after all) or some suncream or whatever they may need to last a day in a field!?

Such a crap rule!!

Tie it round the waist sure :D

I joke, I am almost certain they let people in with small backpacks last time at foo fighters but there were searched before hand. I suppose you could run the risk I'm sure you'd pick up a cheap back pack and rain coat somewhere if they tell you you can't bring the bag in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

frag420 wrote: »
    Does this mean no bags at all?

as I said before
    rubadub wrote: »
    Where do you see this? if its in amongst millions of little rules you are fine. I bring a bag to almost every gig I go to and never have a bother. A few places asks me to put it in the cloakroom.

If this really was a rule to be enforced 100% you would expect it to be warning people over and over, it would be in the media etc, since if 1000's of peoples bags were starting to be confiscated there would be uproar.

that link shows it in a bunch of little rules as I expected. If you want to know then tweet or facebook or email them.

It also says no food, so forget that marsbar you were planning on bringing.

It also says no glass, I feel sorry for the people wearing spectacles.

These are catchall rules, so if some team of backpackers arrive with gigantic bags arrive that are going to take ages to search and block views. The no food would be to stop someone turning up with 500 snickers in said backpack who is obviously going to flog them.

This was from the foo fighters thread.
    Meerkat86 wrote: »
    I've just received an official email with an updated list of prohibited items. Looks like they've took backpacks off the list. Good work with all our emails
    In that thread people were saying the promotors rules did not have bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Has anyone booked this car park,

http://www.castleparkslane.com/carpark.html

I filled in the form and clicked submit expecting to send off credit card details for payment, but it just said "a member of our team will contact you".

I haven't been contacted yet. Anyone got any info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭aidanki

What time are guns n roses supposed to be on stage ?

I guess there is a time when curfew kicks in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

aidanki wrote: »
    What time are guns n roses supposed to be on stage ?

I guess there is a time when curfew kicks in ?

7.30pm would be my guess.

Curfew at Slane is 11pm but it's usually wrapped up by 10.30pm/10.45pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

7.30pm would be my guess.

Curfew at Slane is 11pm but it's usually wrapped up by 10.30pm/10.45pm!

The days of Axl showing up too gig's late are gone. From looking at social media the members of the band are looking forward too Slane.

Slane will be unreal I'd say but not me scene so London on the 16th June for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭aidanki

its usually a 2.5hr show then I take

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just a heads up, Dublin Bus tickets are only on sale until next Sunday. You wont be able to purchase them on the day of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Looks like some more standing tickets have been released this morning on Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Looks like some more standing tickets have been released this morning on Ticketmaster
    Gold standing tickets. 156 quid. 

1552d3a8b2b76e0aceac6bd45813531b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

The Nal wrote: »
    Gold standing tickets. 156 quid. 

1552d3a8b2b76e0aceac6bd45813531b.jpg

There were general admission ones there earlier too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Has anyone booked this car park,

http://www.castleparkslane.com/carpark.html

I filled in the form and clicked submit expecting to send off credit card details for payment, but it just said "a member of our team will contact you".

I haven't been contacted yet. Anyone got any info on it?

Did you get anything back about this Ozzy?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

General Admission tickets available again now on TM

h3000 wrote: »

Emailed them and they said they never received the form I filled in online. They asked if I wanted to book car or camping. Replied back just the car. Haven't heard anymore since, but it was this afternoon so hopefully get a reply in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

Can anyone recommend a good bus service from Dublin?

I have only used Dublin bus in the past and it always seems I had to walk past miles of buses before I got an available Dublin bus or are they all as bad as each other and its pot luck?

anyone use these guys before
    http://bushiredublin.net/bus_service/concerts-events/guns-roses-bus-service-slane-castle/

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

menuisier wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good bus service from Dublin?

I have only used Dublin bus in the past and it always seems I had to walk past miles of buses before I got an available Dublin bus or are they all as bad as each other and its pot luck?

anyone use these guys before
    http://bushiredublin.net/bus_service/concerts-events/guns-roses-bus-service-slane-castle/

Last time I was at Slane, it was Dublin bus and a private coach company (marathon?) doing a service from Dublin, but when returning from Slane, you could use your ticket on either bus. They just wanted to get everyone out of there as fast as possible. Maybe, its changed since though.

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »

They emailed me again with a car park pass. The 20 Euro can be paid on the day.

Advertisement