Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

ozzy jr wrote: »
    They emailed me again with a car park pass. The 20 Euro can be paid on the day.

Cool, thanks a mill.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Anyone any idea of a ballpark time wed be back in Dublin by on a Dublin bus/marathon coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

menuisier wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good bus service from Dublin?

I have only used Dublin bus in the past and it always seems I had to walk past miles of buses before I got an available Dublin bus or are they all as bad as each other and its pot luck?

anyone use these guys before
    http://bushiredublin.net/bus_service/concerts-events/guns-roses-bus-service-slane-castle/

I think we used them for the Stone Roses last summer in Marley park, no issues at all with them

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Violetflame

Hi folks, I'm selling a Gold Circle A Ticket - I have somebody interested - but they may they want to use it as a General Admission ticket to stay with their friends. Is there a different entrance for Gold Circle or can they just use the general entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hi folks, I'm selling a Gold Circle A Ticket - I have somebody interested - but they may they want to use it as a General Admission ticket to stay with their friends.
    I doubt they would be let in. They would have set limits in areas for safety reasons. Only if a gig is very undersold do you see people be let go into different areas.

Gold A and regular standing are both still on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

One of the lads has agreed to drive us up and back to the gig, he won't be going though. Anyone any experience of this?

Is there a handy pick up/drop off for normal folk? or is it just buses/taxis?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hi folks, I'm selling a Gold Circle A Ticket - I have somebody interested - but they may they want to use it as a General Admission ticket to stay with their friends. Is there a different entrance for Gold Circle or can they just use the general entrance?

The main entrance will be the same so they don't have to go in to the golden circle area. Their friends won't be able to join them if they decide to go in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Why don't they just buy a GA ticket then? :ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Violetflame

The Nal wrote: »
    Why don't they just buy a GA ticket then? :ermm:
    It's through a friend of mine & I'm selling Gold Circle for near General Admission price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

God, I hope they sort out the bars this time around. It was an absolute killer queuing up for a beer at the last couple of gigs at Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I thought the bars for Foos were fine.
    2011 was a nightmare though. I remember 45 mins for a drink while Thin Lizzy were on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

God, I hope they sort out the bars this time around. It was an absolute killer queuing up for a beer at the last couple of gigs at Slane.

For their sake as well as us punters. I'm no business tycoon, but Surely if the process of buying pints was quicker, more people would be handing over their hard earned cash and the revenues would increase massively!?

I'd say the amount of people who just don't bother having a drink due to the queues is fairly significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I'd say the amount of people who just don't bother having a drink due to the queues is fairly significant.
    Yeah, I give up at many gigs. I usually try and smuggle booze into some gigs.

You would think they would come up with better ideas. I think in slane one time you had to buy 2 pints for a fiver, so as everyone was the same they would lash them out. Or else it was one bar with a sign up saying "2 pints only" or something.

At the leopardstown races they had a great setup for bulmers, I think they only had bottles, one lad asked what you want, a second was listening and would go get them while you paid the first lad, but the time you had the change you were ready to go, and there was a big thing of ice you helped yourself to, queue was flying along. I actually just ended up drinking bulmers instead of my preferred drink as it was taking ages at the bar, and the bulmers thing was a little cheaper than bulmers in the bar too.

There are cups that fill from the bottom

the cups may cost a bit so just have a deposit like some festivals do on better quality cups. I think they should just have plastic cans, so there are no split aluminium ones about, or just sell 2L flagons of cider & beer. They could have vending machines with 1 or 2 supervisors, just big coke machines dispensing cold cans. Or have some self serve option with contactless payment, charging by the ml. Many would hate it as a 2L of cider would likely be €20 or more, so you could still have regular bars for those who cannot get their head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

People said the same in 1981. Yet here we are!

al199k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

for anyone thinking of getting a Dublin Bus return ticket from city centre, just a warning that they apparently (according to DB facebook) won't be selling them on the day of the event so make sure to get them in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Which is the best campsite to park in and maybe camp beside / sleep in car?

I mean overall with regards to distance to walk after gig, atmosphere, BBQs, Thai massage services etc etc.

There seems to be a few car parking options from Googe'ing around... and all pretty much at the same price too.

Also, from past gigs also, do the third party places sell out?

Last gig I was at there was Eminiem and we just used the official car park (which was fecking miles away) and we didn't camp the night before or even the night of either, so no idea if it's even worth it.... but the traffic jam home was a nightmare.

Go raibh maith agaibh.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Staying in Donore. Anyone know if there a bus company that goes from there? Probably check into the accom after the gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Anyone know how far away the designated bus set down areas are from the concert. Where thinking of getting bus to it. But there saying it's leaving 40 mins after it ends. Just wondering how long of a walk it could be as were traveling from mayo so don't wana miss the bus back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I mean overall with regards to distance to walk after gig, atmosphere, BBQs, Thai massage services etc etc.

THAI MASSAGE !!! :eek::D
    What kinda gig are you going to ?? :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Which is the best campsite to park in and maybe camp beside / sleep in car?

I booked Slane Farm again

http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/

Stayed there 2 years ago and found it grand. Just pulled in in the car and set up the tent next to it. They have showers and toilets and a coffee/food van on site. It's a 15 min walk to the village and 10 to the concert.

Was grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone know how far away the designated bus set down areas are from the concert. Where thinking of getting bus to it. But there saying it's leaving 40 mins after it ends. Just wondering how long of a walk it could be as were traveling from mayo so don't wana miss the bus back

Not sure the distance but it's fairly infamous "the walk from the bus to the concert".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

klose wrote: »
    Not sure the distance but it's fairly infamous "the walk from the bus to the concert".

"the walk from concert to bus" is even more infamous ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

klose wrote: »
    "the walk from concert to bus" is even more infamous ;)

so more then 40 mins?

so more then 40 mins?

Minimum 40 mins.

If your bus is planning on leaving 40 mins after the show then it will be pretty much empty. That's just stuff drivers say so people will hurry up at the end

I said I wouldn't but I've started looking at long term forecasts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

threein99 wrote: »
    I said I wouldn't but I've started looking at long term forecasts :D

How're we fairing at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I booked Slane Farm again

http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/

Stayed there 2 years ago and found it grand. Just pulled in in the car and set up the tent next to it. They have showers and toilets and a coffee/food van on site. It's a 15 min walk to the village and 10 to the concert.

Was grand!

Showers and toilet !! Bonus !! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Showers and toilet !! Bonus !! :D

It's very satisfying after the gig when everyone has a long parched walk ahead of them and the campers walk across the road to a bag of cans and/or "bed"

Le Bruise wrote: »
    How're we fairing at the moment??

18 degrees with sunny spells on Friday and 18 and cloudy on Saturday :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Finally booked my bus tickets, leaving at 9am. How AWFUL.

Advertisement