Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    It's very satisfying after the gig when everyone has a long parched walk ahead of them and the campers walk across the road to a bag of cans and/or "bed"

I remember that walk/trudge back to the campsite after the Foo Fighters praying my tent hadn't leaked :D

It hadn't :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah, that was a wild night weather-wise. I think I woke at 7am to the wind and rain and just packed and bailed because we knew the ground would turn into a mudpit

Yeah, that was a wild night weather-wise. I think I woke at 7am to the wind and rain and just packed and bailed because we knew the ground would turn into a mudpit

The cold on the Friday night was worse for me, I slept grand on the Saturday once I put in my ear plugs.

I wonder has the ground recovered from all the people pillaging anything that would burn on the Friday night to light camp fires :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

threein99 wrote: »
    18 degrees with sunny spells on Friday and 18 and cloudy on Saturday :cool:

Well that just sounds peachy! Can't wait for Friday week, enjoying the first few beers in the campsite under those sunny spells!:cool:

Finally booked my bus tickets, leaving at 9am. How AWFUL.

From where ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

From where ?

Galway. We'll probably look for somewhere nice to eat rather than getting a dodgy burger after going in.

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Well that just sounds peachy! Can't wait for Friday week, enjoying the first few beers in the campsite under those sunny spells!:cool:

Looks good but I won't get my hopes up until we are a couple of days away.

The cold on the Friday night was worse for me, I slept grand on the Saturday once I put in my ear plugs.

I wonder has the ground recovered from all the people pillaging anything that would burn on the Friday night to light camp fires :D

We didn't stay the Friday.
    Considering it this year though!

Looks good but I won't get my hopes up until we are a couple of days away.

but you promised sunny spells....:P

We didn't stay the Friday.
    Considering it this year though!

Were you in the Slane Farm Campsite ?

• Advertisement

but you promised sunny spells....:P

Alternative weather facts

• Registered Users Posts: 8 masonhaze

Planning on driving down on the Saturday, AA road watch site says M1 to drogheda then take n51 into slane following pink route parking signs. Can't find any info on carparks on this road or on the Dublin side of the N2, anyone know if There's defo gonna parking sites on either of these roads?

Were you in the Slane Farm Campsite ?

Yep

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Camping in Slane on the Friday and Saturday. Any decent pubs people would recommend for food and some pints on the Friday night?

Yep

Were you able to drive in on the Saturday?

Alternative weather facts

Hey you've got my vote!

Were you able to drive in on the Saturday?

Yeah I don't think they close the roads until 10? Could be mistaken. Got up there for 9 anyway and got in no problem, set up shop and had some cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Amirani wrote: »
    Camping in Slane on the Friday and Saturday. Any decent pubs people would recommend for food and some pints on the Friday night?
    tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

[QUOTE=ILikeBoats;103543313]Yeah I don't think they close the roads until 10? Could be mistaken. Got up there for 9 anyway and got in no problem, set up shop and had some cans![/QUOTE]

I assumed the place was in lockdown early on. Was it hard find a space to setup the tent ?

Well it wasn't hard, but as the main thoroughfares and paths were already kind of decided by other campers we had to judge an area that wouldn't annoy anyone. There was a good bit of room up the back of the field

• Advertisement

Well it wasn't hard, but as the main thoroughfares and paths were already kind of decided by other campers we had to judge an area that wouldn't annoy anyone. There was a good bit of room up the back of the field

Very tempted to do this now. Was traffic heavy at that time ? sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Very tempted to do this now. Was traffic heavy at that time ? sorry for all the questions.

Yes, was planning on travelling up friday, but cant, so will have to travel up early on Sat morning.

Im coming from the South, so id say it would be better to stay away from any roads from Dublin ? ie N2 and/or N51.
    So would heading to Navan, and thenonto the R162 and then the R163 be the best option ?
    Or any other "shortcuts" around there ? :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Amirani wrote:

You will get decent food in the coyningham arms. Bottles pub a couple of doors up from the arms is a great pub. Small but will be rocking on the Friday night. Andrew usually has a band on too and is really into his music so always has a good band playing. Get there early to try get a seat but Boyle's of slane is one of the best pubs in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Henry Mountcharles on TodayFm Now !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    Yes, was planning on travelling up friday, but cant, so will have to travel up early on Sat morning.

Im coming from the South, so id say it would be better to stay away from any roads from Dublin ? ie N2 and/or N51.
    So would heading to Navan, and thenonto the R162 and then the R163 be the best option ?
    Or any other "shortcuts" around there ? :)

I emailed the Campsite there and they close the roads at 10am sharp so you would need to be in well before then.

Can't imagine the traffic being too crazy that early.

Has anyone tried emailing Slane Farm Camping by any chance? I emailed them a few days ago (asking about bringing a big van into the campsite to sleep in) and haven't got anything back. I'm assuming it will be fine anyway as camper vans are allowed.

Also, anyone who has camped before, is it easy enough to get away early-ish on the Sunday or are you packed in tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Close up together but not cramped. the security is very easy going and you get away with murder up there. Great ****ing craic in there.

It was 9am-ish. The roads were empty! We drove through the village and there was barely anyone there. The road blocks and gardai were there ready to go but didn't stop us or anything.

Also, the queue to get into the campsite kind of builds up so the earlier the better.

Aim to be there for 9 and you should be fine.

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Close up together but not cramped. the security is very easy going and you get away with murder up there. Great ****ing craic in there.

Can't wait for it! From what you're saying about the security I'd say there should be no bother with our sprinter van set up.

• Advertisement

there should be no bother with our sprinter van set up.

Nah, definitely no bother

Advertisement