Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Nah, definitely no bother

Fantastic stuff! Role on tomorrow week....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Has anyone tried emailing Slane Farm Camping by any chance? I emailed them a few days ago (asking about bringing a big van into the campsite to sleep in) and haven't got anything back. I'm assuming it will be fine anyway as camper vans are allowed.

Also, anyone who has camped before, is it easy enough to get away early-ish on the Sunday or are you packed in tight?

We got away early on the Sunday morning last time, around 10am, loads of people were bailing out at that time due to the **** weather

I emailed them on their site here http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/ and they replied within an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

threein99 wrote: »
    We got away early on the Sunday morning last time, around 10am, loads of people were bailing out at that time due to the **** weather

I emailed them on their site here http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/ and they replied within an hour

Ah cool, always good to have the option of getting the hell out of dodge the day after!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

you will all be fine, sounds more complicated than it actually is id say. Hope you all have a good time, ill enjoy seeing the guys in the comfort of my seat in the London Stadium in june :D
    GNR_Public_Safety_Info.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Can't wait for it! From what you're saying about the security I'd say there should be no bother with our sprinter van set up.

DEF NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Is there any bus organised going from Galway to Slane and back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is there any bus organised going from Galway to Slane and back?

Some one posted about a page or two back about a bus form Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

They'll be asking about food in Slane next ................. ;) :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

greenspurs wrote: »
    They'll be asking about food in Slane next ................. ;) :P

It won't be pretty. The only solution is to drink enough to cure any potential food poisoning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Where does Dublin Bus arrive before and leave after the gig? Do I just walk to any of these bus parks after the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Where does Dublin Bus arrive before and leave after the gig? Do I just walk to any of these bus parks after the gig?

See the map above, bottom right hand corner is where Dublin Bus will drop and pick you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Thanks Wile!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 19920516

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Was just wondering if anyone had noticed this and if it's worth chasing up with Ticketmaster about? -

For this gig there's a Gold Circle A and Gold Circle B.

I bought Gold Circle A tickets back when they first went on sale.

When I just had a look on the Ticketmaster website this morning they seem to have swapped around the Gold Circle sections on the seating plan from their original positions.

So A is now where B was, and B is where A had been.

I'd been very happy with my original tickets. I bought the Gold Circle A ones as I particularly wanted to be over on Slash's side of the stage for the gig. Given the extortionate cost of these tickets, it's a bit annoying to find out a week before the gig that I'll be over the opposite side than I paid for.

Would any other gold circle ticket holders care about this, or is it just me?!

I tried to include a link to both versions of the seating plans below but I'm not allowed to include links as I'm a brand new Boards user.

But if anyone wants to compare them, just put "guns n roses slane seating plan", into Google Images, the original seating plan comes up as the very first image.

The current seating plan is at the ticketmaster.ie website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Anyone manage to get the app mentioned in the bottom right of the map. Link seems to be dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know what specific times the Dublin Bus services to Slane run at between 12 and 5pm on the day of the concert?

GNR_Public_Safety_Info.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gixer1000

No backpacks? Seriously?
    Cant even have a rain jacket in a backpack?, thats crazy.
    Do they enforce that strictly or will I chance it anyway.

First time at Slane, anyone know what drinks are available, or is it the usual choice of one ****e beer and a Cider?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Hi everyone.

Myself and the missus are heading to Slane next weekend and we cant wait. We have two kids so we wont be able to leave until around 2.00pm. We will be travelling from Athlone so I was just wondering:

1. If travelling by car from Athlone what is the best route to take to get to Slane?
    2. How much is parking at the event and how far from the venue are the car parks?
    3. If we will be arriving late at the event will we be stuck at the back? Ive never been to Slane before so im wondering what is the view like at the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'm happy to leave the Nitrous Oxide at home but can you seriously not bring backpacks?

Obvious ladies and other folk who may have handbags will bring them and be fine?

Can you put all your stuff in a handbag and bring it in?

Pretty bad form if you can't bring a backpack for jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So peed off was supposed to be going but the other person has pulled out of going :( was really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Autosport wrote: »
    So peed off was supposed to be going but the other person has pulled out of going :( was really looking forward to this.

Can you not go with another friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Autosport wrote: »

I've done many gigs alone, much easier to get to the front and no worrying about loosing someone in the crowd and spending half the gig looking for them. Plus if you're driving you can leave much faster to avoid the inevitable backlog of cars trying to get out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Looks like weather is taking a turn for the worst on sat god damn it only yest it was blue skies and 20degrees for Fri and sat

deise76 wrote: »
    Looks like weather is taking a turn for the worst on sat god damn it only yest it was blue skies and 20degrees for Fri and sat

Yea I noticed that too. Have myself plagued following the various weather updates!

Fingers crossed it's only a few showers. At least the temperatures are still looking fairly high!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Yep same here constantly checking various apps hopefully it'll come good

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I wonder do they sell spirits like vodka in there. Surely they must!? I can't drink beer and would like to be a little tipsy!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Hey guys what is the traffic usually like into Slane early on Saturday morning? I assume we don't have to add too much time to journey times if we're planning on getting to the campsite before 10am?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I wonder do they sell spirits like vodka in there. Surely they must!? I can't drink beer and would like to be a little tipsy!

ah come on, surely you must have the cop on to be able to get a naggin in

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

GA tickets on Ticketmaster atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

19920516 wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone had noticed this and if it's worth chasing up with Ticketmaster about? -

So A is now where B was, and B is where A had been.
    I would email or ring & complain, they might be able to swop them, gold circles were on sale just a few days ago, I expect more will be released. Its a legit complaint.

If they will not swop you might be able to get a refund, and gold circles in the right spot might be able to be got for face value or less.

I (and people I advised) have gotten refunds when there was a change and no refunds were formally offered.

Advertisement