Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

At bon Jovi, the gold circle was within a larger a pit area. Any idea if there will be a pit outside the gold circle this time?

I imagine the size of the pit they need for crowd control, is way bigger than the amount of gold circle tickets they would sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Was thinking that myself. Surely it's not just gold circle and then the crowd. Is there a t barrier set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

scudzilla wrote: »
    ah come on, surely you must have the cop on to be able to get a naggin in

I do actually, well almost a naggin. But i'll need tonic at least! With slices of lemon. I'm not a good festival person.

Driving up from Waterford and back down when its over for this one. Does anyone know what time Slane will likely end at?

Can't wait to see the real G'NR live, never thought Id ever get to see them :D I would have been about four at their last Irish concert together.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Driving up from Waterford and back down when its over for this one. Does anyone know what time Slane will likely end at?

Concert will be roughly 2hr30min long if not a little shorter they supposed to go on stage 7-730 that's what I've seen on diff websites not gospel though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Driving up from Limerick, Thinking of heading up to Navan from Junction 14 on M7 and get Bus Eireann shuttle bus from there. Anyone from around those parts know where the bus leaves from and also where I could park the car for the day. (I was never in Navan before)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cushtie wrote: »
    Driving up from Limerick, Thinking of heading up to Navan from Junction 14 on M7 and get Bus Eireann shuttle bus from there. Anyone from around those parts know where the bus leaves from and also where I could park the car for the day. (I was never in Navan before)

Cheers
    Never been to Navan? You're very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Park on the fair green, i think its free on a saturday, defo from 6 pm til monday at 7 am. its a large tarmac area in town centre. its a 10m minute walk to the shuttle bus. thats located on the northside of town across the river up on flower hill outside the "round O" pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Camping Fri and Saturday, ...
    Wheres mee earplugs :)

Are there many toilets and showers in Slane Farm campsite ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

greenspurs wrote: »
    Camping Fri and Saturday

Same as that, can't wait for it! Just doing up my list of things to bring in work here now...not sure how productive I'm going to be this week!

What time are you heading down for Greenspurs? Meant to be a decent day weather wise so was going to bale down at around 3-4pm and set up the disposable BBQ.:cool:

• Advertisement

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Same as that, can't wait for it! Just doing up my list of things to bring in work here now...not sure how productive I'm going to be this week!

What time are you heading down for Greenspurs? Meant to be a decent day weather wise so was going to bale down at around 3-4pm and set up the disposable BBQ.:cool:

I will be later than that... :rolleyes:
    4 of us coming, but prob will have to wait until we are all finished work.
    Hoping to be there around 10ish ..... :o

greenspurs wrote: »
    I will be later than that... :rolleyes:
    4 of us coming, but prob will have to wait until we are all finished work.
    Hoping to be there around 10ish ..... :o

Ah yea, I'd say there are a load in the same boat as you, having to work and pop down after/next morning.

They seem to be fairly easy going in Slane Farm anyway, although they're getting a bit of heat on Facebook for recommending to people that they get there before 10am (sat morning) due to road closures. I would have thought the road closures were common knowledge at this stage? Some people are holding the campsite personally responsible for the transport restrictions of the whole concert!:rolleyes:

anyone any experience with castlepark camping? what time should you get there saturday?

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Ah yea, I'd say there are a load in the same boat as you, having to work and pop down after/next morning.

They seem to be fairly easy going in Slane Farm anyway, although they're getting a bit of heat on Facebook for recommending to people that they get there before 10am (sat morning) due to road closures. I would have thought the road closures were common knowledge at this stage? Some people are holding the campsite personally responsible for the transport restrictions of the whole concert!:rolleyes:

Thats why we are going Friday, We would have to be up at Stupid OClock to get there before 10am Sat.
    People are a bit stupid if they (pretend) that they are unaware of road closures ..... Common knowledge .....

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

On the Golden Circle B ticket I have it says standing, but there is also G51 143 or something like that on the ticket. Anyone know what that signifies, and/or why its on the ticket?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    GA tickets on Ticketmaster atm
    This must be one of the reasons there are so many GA tickets on re-sale at face value or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone have a clue how much a GNR t shirt or Hoody will cost at this? Just wondering how much I should budget for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Otherkin have confirmed they are on at 3.30pm.

So maybe this will be the approx running order:

Gates 2pm
    Otherkin 3.30pm
    Mark Lanegan 4.30pm
    Royal Blood 5.30pm
    Guns n Roses 7.30pm

Anyone have a clue how much a GNR t shirt or Hoody will cost at this? Just wondering how much I should budget for that.

Shirt be about E35-E45 and hoodie anything from E60-E80, prob have programmes and stuff too. Budget for E100 too be safe

Im a sucker for Merch

I wonder will there be many future Slane concerts ??? u2 will surly play there again, Irelands darling Ed Sheeran might play there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

At a complete guess;

Hats €10/€15
    T shirts €35
    Hoodies €55+

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Seems they've swapped circles A and B.

I'm just about to buy a ticket and want to be more on the Slash side of the stage, so I'm thinking circle B is the one I want?

Or is there a risk, they'll use the original plan on the day, and have B on the left of the stage.

L43HVTa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Why did they swap? I'm sure some people won't be happy with that!

Gold circle B for Slash, prob yep. He usually resides over that side.

Hoodies will be about €60 t-shirts €30?

Bands these days are just travelling t-shirt merchandise companies that play music on the side :pac:

Take That hoodies were £70 in Glasgow Hydro last weekend :| Mental prices... And that was Sterling too!

Never been to slane, or a concert of this size tbh. What's the view like? Is it watching big screens sort of set up or what's the story

Anyone know what the numbering on the Golden Circle tickets signify, e.g., the Section B golden circle ticket has "G51 143" on it. What does it signify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

D.Q wrote: »
    Never been to slane, or a concert of this size tbh. What's the view like? Is it watching big screens sort of set up or what's the story

Its a huge venue though so the further back you are the worse your view will be. But the fact the stage is at the bottom of a hill makes it a bit easier see the stage

Goreme wrote: »
    Anyone know what the numbering on the Golden Circle tickets signify, e.g., the Section B golden circle ticket has "G51 143" on it. What does it signify?

I have general standing tickets and It has GA and some number on it. Don't think they mean anything?

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/guns-n-roses-highs-lows-9408066

3arena 2012 was fun, we all the know the story of 2010 and its so funny thinking back now. wasant at 2006 or 1992. How many went to all those shows ???

PTH2009 wrote: »

3arena 2012 was fun, we all the know the story of 2010 and its so funny thinking back now. wasant at 2006 or 1992. How many went to all those shows ???

Made it to 2006 and 2010. Didn't even consider 2012 after Axl's shenanigans in 2010 but Original (ish) line up in slane has been on my bucket list since 92 which was a year or two too early!

Fair play to anyone who's making it 5 from 5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

I'm sure there will be extra security at slane after horrible attack in Manchester??

Advertisement