Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

GnR shouldn't be left in the country after acting the boll*x the last time they were here.

What did they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Was that the one where we all stood around for 2 hours and then people threw bottles and then he walked off the stage only to come back and sing the whole concert in monotone?!

Utah wrote: »
    Was that the one where we all stood around for 2 hours and then people threw bottles and then he walked off the stage only to come back and sing the whole concert in monotone?!

Wrong on both counts.

They came on at 9.50 ish. Half hour ish late. The behaviour of the fans that night was utterly disgraceful. Ended up being gig of the year though. Chaos.

And when he came back on he sang perfectly. Just didn't run about.

Also, they've been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

yip

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/sep/03/guns-roses-bottled-offstage-dublin

Can't remember how they sounded after they came back Nal, i was so pissed off I can even remember the end of the gig.

yip

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/sep/03/guns-roses-bottled-offstage-dublin

Can't remember how they sounded after they came back Nal, i was so pissed off I can even remember the end of the gig.

Sounded great! Wasn't running about. Same reason he sounds great with AC/DC sitting on his chair.

Thought it was a great gig. Not sure why people got pissed off. Proper GnR chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

yip

That incident didn't happen the last time they played think you missed the part where they returned since that already

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Gnr will be announced Monday! I wish they were playing croker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Walked by a poster today

Guns and roses welcome to the jungle

Slane would be brilliant. Just hope for a good support.

Will axel be able to walk by then?

but1er wrote: »
    Walked by a poster today

Guns and roses welcome to the jungle

Slane would be brilliant. Just hope for a good support.

Will axel be able to walk by then?
    Hes been walking for months yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Nal wrote: »
    Wrong on both counts.

They came on at 9.50 ish. Half hour ish late. The behaviour of the fans that night was utterly disgraceful. Ended up being gig of the year though. Chaos.

Was there that night and totally agree, got right to the very front by the time they came back on and he sounded brilliant, mainly because he stood there like a spoiled child.
    Although I remember it being after 10 when they came on and think Axl could have settled the crowd instantly by simply saying I know this place usually has a curfew but we're ignoring it.

Likely still would have had some scummers throwing bottles at the people they paid €80 to see though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TBA Monday

It's not going to be cheap either going by prices for there US shows (but they had seats and we don't)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    TBA Monday

It's not going to be cheap either going by prices for there US shows (but they had seats and we don't)

97 euro from what I've heard

Nelbert wrote: »
    Wrong on both counts.

Was there that night and totally agree, got right to the very front by the time they came back on and he sounded brilliant, mainly because he stood there like a spoiled child.
    Although I remember it being after 10 when they came on and think Axl could have settled the crowd instantly by simply saying I know this place usually has a curfew but we're ignoring it.

Likely still would have had some scummers throwing bottles at the people they paid €80 to see though......
    People were itching to act up. The week before they had been really late at Reading/Leeds so it would've been the same if they were 5 minutes late. 
    Either way, one of the more memorable gigs I've been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

GnR shouldn't be left in the country after acting the boll*x the last time they were here.

That was actually the second last time they were here - they came back after that and people bought tickets (madness I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Irishbrick wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    TBA Monday

The expected price for them I would say. Gonna have to be smart on the money this month. I'm hoping for a Portugal festival date.

A bit annoying that other Euro gig's are in stadiums where your guarnteed a view of the stage. We're paying over €100 to stand in a field

I wonder how much Golden Circle will be ???

Please please please don't be Slane. Fcuking nightmare venue.

I won't be going if it is. May have a look elsewhere.

My sentiments exactly! I hate slane, think I'll head to Europe to see them now!

My sentiments exactly! I hate slane, think I'll head to Europe to see them now!
    By the time you pay for a ticket, a hotel/B&B the night before or after (or both!), pay for petrol/bus there and back, the ticket, booze and food etc you're looking at 300 quid ish.

That would pay for a ticket in, say, Berlin, your hotel for two nights and your flights. And you get a weekend away in somewhere like Berlin!

More importantly, you don't have to put up with the nightmare getting there and getting in, the frankly dangerous crush leaving, the 4 hour wait in the carpark, the idiot Irish crowd that go to Slane, the disgraceful facilities, the hike and huge queues to the toilets/bars/foodstalls, the dodgy sound etc.

The venue is a relic of the 1980s. Some people who just want to hear Sweet Child O Mine, some passed out by 2pm sun burned to a crisp, some looking for fights, some looking "for the shift" and some just let out for the day from whatever midlands hell hole they eke out their miserable existence in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

Yeah they could put anyone on there and thousands of animals from the midlands will be down there pissed up with really bad sunburn by 3pm.
    some just let out for the day from whatever midlands hell hole they eke out their miserable existence in.

you really dont like the midlands do you?... also banging on about people not coming for music and the bulk of your same post is about access/facilities/price of drink.
    At least Slane is a natural amphitheater so for standing it will be a better view. Considering the way sound can distorted in stadiums it wont be any worse. You will probably get a few decent support acts in Slane where as you will get one meh one for Croker/Landsowne

• Advertisement

overshoot wrote: »

you really dont like the midlands do you?...
    Who cares, they don't have the internet so aren't reading this.

overshoot;101846732
    also banging on about people not coming for music and the bulk of your same post is about access/facilities/price of drink.

I like a drink at a gig. But not queuing all day for it.

Closest hotel i could get for 27/28 May is in Drogheda and Navan. E129

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

overshoot wrote: »

you really dont like the midlands do you?...
    Who cares, they don't have the internet so aren't reading this.

overshoot;101846732
    also banging on about people not coming for music and the bulk of your same post is about access/facilities/price of drink.

I like a drink at a gig. But not queuing all day for it.

Can only blame the organisers then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bollix

Bollix

yeah

I wish we got a london date so i can book a cheap hotel near the Olympic stadium

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If i go im gonna camp like i did at the Foo's so much handier. Literally 5 minute walk from the exit closet to where the seating area was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

If i go im gonna camp like i did at the Foo's so much handier. Literally 5 minute walk from the exit closet to where the seating area was

Camped myself for the foos and was so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I thought there is no camping allowed ?

I was watching some recent videos of Guns N Roses the other night ,pretty disappointing to say the least ,Axl's voice was crap and the band looked like they were on autopilot.
    I would have considered going to Croke Park but no way I'm going to Slane ,its a nightmare to get to from the south of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Zardoz wrote: »
    no way I'm going to Slane ,its a nightmare to get to from the south of the country.

Couldn't be easier if you put a bit of thought into it. Go up on the Friday night, bring as much beer as your car can hold, pay €15 for camping and you're a 10 minute walk from the field. Even if you're not driving get a bus up on the Friday night and camp.

Anyone expecting to stroll in at 3 or 4 in the afternoon along with 80,000 other people is going to think it's a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Can someone give me advice for camping. I didn't know you could camp at Slane. I'll bet it will finish late and who knows how long it will be to get back home.

Advertisement