Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Lucky enough to have been around long enough to have been to all Irish gigs so far, bar Belfast. 1992, 2006, 2010, 2012 and all going well 2017. Hopefully not the last either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

gooner99 wrote: »
    Lucky enough to have been long enough to have been to all Irish gigs so far, bar Belfast. 1992, 2006, 2010, 2012 and all going well 2017. Hopefully not the last either.

https://goo.gl/images/moYXEK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Isnt it a shame that this can happen and kids cant go to a music gig ....

Pure evil........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/guns-n-roses-highs-lows-9408066

3arena 2012 was fun, we all the know the story of 2010 and its so funny thinking back now. wasant at 2006 or 1992. How many went to all those shows ???

I was there for '92. I was 9 :D

Wasn't bothered going to any others when it wasn't the full line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Slane Farm campsite are now running a shuttle bus to town all day on the Friday, for those wishing to sample the local ales!

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Slane Farm campsite are now running a shuttle bus to town all day on the Friday, for those wishing to sample the local ales!

The sun will be shining. Enjoy the walk! And remember to bring plenty of cash. There's only one ATM in the village and there's a good chance it'll be out of order or broken.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The last word from Slash in the VH1 Guns N Roses Behind the Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nch2UFUNv1g&feature=youtu.be&t=40m

:D

The sun will be shining. Enjoy the walk! And remember to bring plenty of cash. There's only one ATM in the village and there's a good chance it'll be out of order or broken.....

Absolutely, All necessary cash will be got out well before we land in Slane!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Le Bruise wrote:

Is it much of a walk to village from slane farm??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/guns-n-roses-highs-lows-9408066

3arena 2012 was fun, we all the know the story of 2010 and its so funny thinking back now. wasant at 2006 or 1992. How many went to all those shows ???

4 out of 5. Missed the 2006 gig.

deise76 wrote: »
    Is it much of a walk to village from slane farm??

It's 2km apparently, so probably about 15 minutes (or 20 with a road beer)....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Le Bruise wrote:
    It's 2km apparently, so probably about 15 minutes (or 20 with a road beer)....

Won't be missing last shuttle then!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rednik wrote: »
    4 out of 5. Missed the 2006 gig.

Fair play

Only time i Saw Slash and co was In Vicar Street in 2010. I never saw Duff before

Anyone know how to download the slane 2017 app mentioned on the site map / concert info?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Anyone know how to download the slane 2017 app mentioned on the site map / concert info?

For IOS app I just searched Slane on the App Store. The app seems to be called EVNTZ.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    For IOS app I just searched Slane on the App Store. The app seems to be called EVNTZ.

Yeah found it on evntzapp.ie
    But link seems to go blank.
    Anyone get it on andriod?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Getting excited!
    Hope this weather keeps up!

Should be in Slane Farm for 9am, would love to go down the night before but not happening.

I think the crowd should be of the more mature demographic? There's always skobes but there's nobody on the line up that would attract them

Just downloaded the app and it has some pretty cool features. The 'record your parking location' being the niftiest. Might use it for my tent!

Also, the green car park looks like it's miles away from the venue!?

• Advertisement

Just downloaded the app and it has some pretty cool features. The 'record your parking location' being the niftiest. Might use it for my tent!

Was that on ios or android?

I'm driving myself and have heard horror stories about 4 hour delays leaving the car park. Are these true? I'm parking in the RED Castle Park car park.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Was that on ios or android?

It was on ios. Just searched for Slane and the 'Evntz app' was the first choice.

It's about a 2-2.5km walk from the Green Park (Dublin Bus) into the venue through the woods. They don't get into the village. Anyone driving thats not staying in the campsite I'd recommend going to the pink carpark on the Drogheda road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Fair play

Only time i Saw Slash and co was In Vicar Street in 2010. I never saw Duff before

Like you I am heading to London too, with Rainbow in the 02 on the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Anybody able to tell me what drinks are served in slane? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭klose

Old Perry wrote: »
    Anybody able to tell me what drinks are served in slane? Thanks

Heineken and wine last time iirc

It was on ios. Just searched for Slane and the 'Evntz app' was the first choice.

Ah right. Seems it's not on android.

Ah right. Seems it's not on android.

That's strange. It has the little android symbol on the website -
    http://evntzapp.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Advertisement