Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

I see on the FAQ'S on the eventz app it is strictly 4 drinks per person from bar -how do they enforce/police this quota??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

deise76 wrote: »
    I see on the FAQ'S on the eventz app it is strictly 4 drinks per person from bar -how do they enforce/police this quota??

When you are buying your Heino from the bar, you can only buy 4 at a time.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

deise76 wrote: »

This would be fairly standard at most gigs nowadays. You can only order 4 pints at a time before leaving the bar and re-joining the queue. The way around it (if you're buying for a big crew) is looking for someone else at the bar who's only getting 2 and giving them cash for more beers.

Most annoying thing is that they take the caps off the small bottles of wine so you have to drink it straight away rather than stockpiling!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

greenspurs wrote:
    When you are buying your Heino from the bar, you can only buy 4 at a time.....

My bad shouldve read it proper first time 4 at a time it'll be soðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

ILikeBoats wrote: »

Cheers for the link. Strange it didn't come up in a search on the play store on my phone. This link works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Le Bruise wrote: »
    This would be fairly standard at most gigs nowadays. You can only order 4 pints at a time before leaving the bar and re-joining the queue. The way around it (if you're buying for a big crew) is looking for someone else at the bar who's only getting 2 and giving them cash for more beers.

Most annoying thing is that they take the caps off the small bottles of wine so you have to drink it straight away rather than stockpiling!:rolleyes:

Or bring a spare bottle cap... Same for soft drinks too

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

How much for a Heino ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Anyone driving from Galway and looking to save a bit on petrol give me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

airbusa320 wrote: »
    How much for a Heino ??

6-6.50 I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

wacotaco wrote: »
    Anyone driving from Galway and looking to save a bit on petrol give me a pm

How far are you will to push?

;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm going ....yay

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rossdoc81

I'm selling a spare ticket on Ticketswap for €75 if anyone is interested. The link is:
    https://www.ticketswap.ie/listing/guns-and-roses/1244106/fa03e6df6c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I'd expect the 'Do Not....' list to be enforced a little stricter after last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,976 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd expect the 'Do Not....' list to be enforced a little stricter after last night.
    I would think so. They already said that to leave time getting into the venue. Look it if it means people can feel a bit safer then I'm not too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Made it to 2006 and 2010. Didn't even consider 2012 after Axl's shenanigans in 2010 but Original (ish) line up in slane has been on my bucket list since 92 which was a year or two too early!

Fair play to anyone who's making it 5 from 5!

I was at the Wembley Stadium show on June 13th, 1992, and it was a phenomenal concert. The band were on fire that day. It was also a great line up, with Soundgarden on first, then Faith No More (who were on top of their game at this time). G n' R had played the Freddie Mercury tribute concert a couple of months earlier and pretty much stolen the show that day too.

But anyway, that day the band really blew us away, and Axl really enjoyed it, I remember Slash had to practically drag Axl off the stage at the end because he was enjoying the applause at the end of a great gig so much. Can't wait for Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You knw us paddys love to have the crack and the lads will be out in force Saturday. Expect one or 2 idiots to bring in something there not suppose too

https://youtu.be/qADOIxlyWec

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Does anyone know how we access the Gold Circles?

My 1st time going to Slane, traveling up by coach, and just wondering if the bus arrives late and there's already a crowd in, do I have to go through all the people to get to the front, or is there a path down the side to the circles or something like that?

Also, what's it like getting out after? Coach company says they'll be departing 45mins after the gig.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Does anyone know how we access the Gold Circles?

My 1st time going to Slane, traveling up by coach, and just wondering if the bus arrives late and there's already a crowd in, do I have to go through all the people to get to the front, or is there a path down the side to the circles or something like that?

Also, what's it like getting out after? Coach company says they'll be departing 45mins after the gig.

Thanks.

If you are in the pit, you will be lucky to be at the top of the hill in the venue after 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

wawaman wrote: »
    If you are in the pit, you will be lucky to be at the top of the hill in the venue after 45 minutes

That's a concern of mine too, I imagine the driver will show some leeway, but can't know for sure yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Cushtie wrote: »
    Driving up from Limerick, Thinking of heading up to Navan from Junction 14 on M7 and get Bus Eireann shuttle bus from there. Anyone from around those parts know where the bus leaves from and also where I could park the car for the day. (I was never in Navan before)

Cheers

If you are coming to Navan you kinda have to come to the Round O. It's usually where most people from the area start that day. Live music from noon I think. There'll be a good crowd even at that time. If you do, keep an eye out for "The Furry Gilberts" the lead guitarist does an epic Freebird :D. Don't know where the bus eireann shuttle is running from, probably the main square but there is a constant flow of coaches running from the pub every year. Usually 5-10 euro to get you out there. Parking is where there might be a bit of an issue. The streets are paid parking on a Saturday (yay privitisation) but the Ramparts cark park do all day parking for about 3 Euro. Search for "Sommerville apartments Navan" on google maps. The car park isnt on it but is basically on the other side of the R153 road. From there it is a 10 minute walk to the Round O. Don't mind people bashing Navan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Bastard weather is turning

Looks like the forecast has taken a bit of a turn for the worse with some possible thundery downpours. Could add a bit of authenticity to November Rain!

I'm still hoping for it to change back....eternal optimist!

D.Q wrote: »
    Bastard weather is turning

Snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I'm thinking of abandoning camping

FRIDAY: A mostly cloudy day with rain spreading east to all areas as the day goes on. The rain will be heavy in places too with low cloud and extensive mist. Winds will be light mainly from the south. Any sunny spells will be brief, but temperatures will get into the low twenties. The rain will recur overnight.

SATURDAY: Saturday will be mostly cloudy or overcast again. Rain will turn heavier and will persist for much of the day. Some thundery and sizable downpours are likely too. Winds will be very variable, and quite fresh at times. It'll turn noticeably cooler also.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Looks like the forecast has taken a bit of a turn for the worse with some possible thundery downpours. Could add a bit of authenticity to November Rain!

I'll bring the wedding cake.

threein99 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of abandoning camping

Currently due to clear later in the afternoon on Saturday in slane so don't abandon all hope yet!!

Currently due to clear later in the afternoon on Saturday in slane so don't abandon all hope yet!!

Its the Friday forecast that's putting me off

threein99 wrote: »
    Its the Friday forecast that's putting me off

Yea there'll be rain later on on the Friday evening unfortunately. Hopefully doesn't start too early!

• Advertisement

Yea there'll be rain later on on the Friday evening unfortunately. Hopefully doesn't start too early!

I'm still carrying the camping scars from the Foo Fighters 2 years ago so I'm not putting up with that again

Advertisement