Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

I bought a caravan as i got too old and soft for camping!

We'll be sitting in it, having a cold beer from the fridge 5 minutes after leaving the gig.

Rock over for the party if ya want!

Like This?

https://ibb.co/c6fJVv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

kfrp wrote: »

Almost the same - mine is a bit smaller...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I bought a caravan as i got too old and soft for camping!

We'll be sitting in it, having a cold beer from the fridge 5 minutes after leaving the gig.

Rock over for the party if ya want!

I'll be doing something similar...only with no fridge...in the back of a van!:D

threein99 wrote: »
    I'm still deciding whether to camp Friday and Saturday, just Saturday or not camp at all and get that bus, Irish weather :confused::confused::confused:

Friday evening will be great craic as the rain is meant to hold off. Only problem is Saturday in the AM but then it clears to sunny enough weather....(allegedly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Friday evening will be great craic as the rain is meant to hold off. Only problem is Saturday in the AM but then it clears to sunny enough weather....(allegedly)

I'm leaning towards camping now.

Friday will be another warm day with sunny spells at first but cloud will increase from the west with outbreaks of showery rain developing there in the afternoon. The showers will become heavy or possibly thundery later but the midlands and east will hold dry with good sunny spells persisting here. Staying warm over much of the country with top temperatures of 22 to 26 degrees, but cooler along the south and west with temperatures of 18 to 21 degrees in moderate south to southeasterly breezes.

Saturday: Heavy spells of showery rain will continue to affect many parts of the country during Saturday morning. There will be a gradual clearance from the south through the afternoon with the rain finally clearing the north coast of Ulster in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Posted on mygnrforum. They reckon it's Dublin. Cloud does look more like Dublin than California.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DApM7FRXoAAw5AR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

gooner99 wrote: »
    Posted on mygnrforum. They reckon it's Dublin. Cloud does look more like Dublin than California.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DApM7FRXoAAw5AR.jpg

Never mind

Odd that. The link didn't come up as a link on ny post, but did on your quote. Working ok?

Odd that. The link didn't come up as a link on ny post, but did on your quote. Working ok?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

frag420 wrote: »
    Can I get a DB ticket in Dublin on Friday? Coming over from London and didn't realise i couldn't buy a bus tic online!

Prefer DB too as all my mates are using them to get to Slane!

I saw 1 guy on toutless selling them, but wanted to sell 4. There might be others selling too

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26742&start=315#p175863

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

I have a return ticket with Marathon coaches for €25.00. The coach ticket is for 11AM. Can meet anywehere in grafton street area

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The Gold Circle must be the biggest gold circle ever at Slane... as at least 50% of the tickets being sold on all sites seem to be Gold Circle... anyone noticed that?

What's this big announcement they're on about!??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Izzy will be there ? .....

Sam Allardyce is their new manager .... ? :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Pretty sure it's more tour dates. It says "It doesn't end here... " and links to the tour page.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

mightyreds wrote: »
    Sorry If this is the tenth time for someone to ask this but I couldn't find it elsewhere,

Do yous think it's best to try catch the fa cup final in a pub in Slane or try make it to navan and get a shuttle bus in

It's on tv3, I'm hoping i can get it on that 3 player yoke.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's on tv3, I'm hoping i can get it on that 3 player yoke.

I wouldn't be hugely confident of a decent 3/4g network in Slane though??

Was half thinking of sky go for the Pro 12 final but it only kicks off at 18.15 and will hopefully be enjoying some Royal Blood (after a lot of Royal Dutch) by that stage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

More US dates was the big announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Le Bruise wrote: »

not if your with Three, i barely get 3g and i live just on the outskirts of slane, even in the village i struggle, with Vodafone should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

are the band in Ireland yet ???

doubt Axl will be ****ing around like last time and prob all the band will arrive in helicoptor from whatever dublin hotel they stay in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    are the band in Ireland yet ???

doubt Axl will be ****ing around like last time and prob all the band will arrive in helicoptor from whatever dublin hotel they stay in

Link to a photo of the plane on previous post ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

Anybody any idea how many people slane farm camping can accommodate?just wondering are there mad queues on the sun morn trying to get out or is it grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Never been to Slane before.

Going with a bunch of lads, some have gold circle, some general. I presume there's some sort of general area you can all go for a few beers beforehand? Anyone know?

Going with a bunch of lads, some have gold circle, some general. I presume there's some sort of general area you can all go for a few beers beforehand? Anyone know?

I'd assume the lads with gold circle tickets would just hang out in the general ticket area until they want to go into the gold circle. You can come and go from the gold circle all you want (for beers, toilet, food etc...).

Are the cost cutting on this leg of the tour?

https://twitter.com/GNRLA/status/867748157236678657

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Are the cost cutting on this leg of the tour?

https://twitter.com/GNRLA/status/867748157236678657

It that Axl and Slash in the high viz jackets!!! :pac::eek::D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Le Bruise wrote:

I'm stood looking at the stage as we speak and signal is fine. With Vodafone mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

c843ca5082f66324508f63c7ef045b26.gif

dbagman wrote: »
    I'm stood looking at the stage as we speak and signal is fine. With Vodafone mind.

Ah fair enough. Was just thinking of the volume of people in one place though (or maybe that doesn't affect it at all??)

How's the set up looking? Any pictures?:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Le Bruise wrote:
    How's the set up looking? Any pictures?

I'm literally trying to figure out how to put a pic up here. Can't for life of me get it to work on phone. Samsung. Help!!

Advertisement