Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

dbagman wrote: »
    I'm literally trying to figure out how to put a pic up here. Can't for life of me get it to work on phone. Samsung. Help!!

I'm a samsung Luddite and a relative newbie when it comes to Boards so I'm afraid I'm of no help!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I'm literally trying to figure out how to put a pic up here. Can't for life of me get it to work on phone. Samsung. Help!!

If you are using touch go to post a reply...click attach files. might take you to documents or a media folder and click what photo you want,
    wait for it to attach it and voila

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

sammyjo90 wrote:
    If you are using touch go to post a reply...click attach files. might take you to documents or a media folder and click what photo you want, wait for it to attach it and voila

Where's attach files tho?? I click post reply and if I hold it I get copy from clipboard. Trying to figure out how to get my pic into clipboard now!

Is there not a little paper clip with attach file under the text box?

sammyjo90 wrote:
    Is there not a little paper clip with attach file under the text box?

Nope. I have a discard button and a post button.

• Advertisement

hmmmm ok I dunno then...if you scroll down to the end of the page and click onto the "full site" link you can do it like you are on a desktop version

sammyjo90 wrote:
    hmmmm ok I dunno then...if you scroll down to the end of the page and click onto the "full site" link you can do it like you are on a desktop version

I was using the app. Logged in on the site and got the attach files thing. Now saying pic is too big. Ffs

Ah bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Nal wrote: »
    c843ca5082f66324508f63c7ef045b26.gif

What? What am i missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Pic of stage etc. from twitter:

https://twitter.com/GNRLA/status/867730596398850048/photo/1

The gold Circle / pit looks fairly big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Since its supposed to downpour for a while in the AM anyway, on Sat morning (and then dry up)- potentially making it muddy (...pity 'cause the ground is bone dry at the moment with the last month or so of dry weather), does anyone know if any areas will be hard covering over any areas? The Golden Circle area at least? Depending on if there is/isn't covering, it might be another outing for the wellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

villa2008 wrote: »

I bloody knew it... the amount of Gold Circle tickets for sale is outnumbering ordinary tickets on Adverts / Toutless.... never seen that happening before for a gig, let alone a Slane one. Still some GC for sale on TM also resulting in GC tickets being sold for the price of GA tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

as long as it's dry and the crowd don't act the bollocks throwing things, it's gonna be a good day.

I bloody knew it... the amount of Gold Circle tickets for sale is outnumbering ordinary tickets on Adverts / Toutless.... never seen that happening before for a gig, let alone a Slane one. Still some GC for sale on TM also resulting in GC tickets being sold for the price of GA tickets.

Its all about the money, money!! Extra 60 euro to be made on Gold Circle tickets compared to General Admin, so make the Golden Circle / pit area bigger. Never seen a pit at a gig this big before either. I guess its just the times we live in, money hungry promoters / bands.

How much are gold circle going for now??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It's not really a pit area if it's that big. It' just an area!

Really hope the rain isn't too bad and holds off. Some cracking weather to be had and would really top off the day if it holds

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder what the guys will get up too here

Prob sound check 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Its all about the money, money!! Extra 60 euro to be made on Gold Circle tickets compared to General Admin, so make the Golden Circle / pit area bigger. Never seen a pit at a gig this big before either. I guess its just the times we live in, money hungry promoters / bands.

will the rest of us plebs not be absolutely miles away? View will be terrible id say

D.Q wrote: »
    will the rest of us plebs not be absolutely miles away? View will be terrible id say

In Slane the view is good all round because the field slopes down towards the stage area. Unless you are at the back of the field and if so like all other big gigs you might as well be at home. From what I remember from previous gigs there they do have a big screen up near the back of the venue.

agree with Villa...actually on the hill is better than down further in my opinion cos the view is good from there.

• Advertisement

villa2008 wrote:

Wait. Is that the official account of the band? As in they were there? Coz I was standing just down from that at about the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Is it possible that the gold circle is a pit within the pit. I imagine they need a big pit area for crowd control.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

BornIn84 wrote: »
    How much are gold circle going for now??

€100 average on Toutless and Adverts... be sure and buy from sellers with decent feedback though i(or maybe on TicketSwap as they seem verified) if you are buying any, as have got stung by buying tickets before that had been reported lost unbeknownst to me.. hard copy they were too. Why anyone risks buying on Donedeal etc (that don't have a feedback system or some form of a verification system) I'll never know.

Yeah, I guess so. Here's a bunch of previous Slane Gold Circles to compare and at most they're roughly 1/20th the size of the crowd, which would be 4,500 or so.... tomorrow it looks like it could be pushing 1/6th or 1/7th of the crowd.. which would be massive in comparison to previous years:

No_Slane_Castle_concert_for_2012_information_details_about_gig_show_outdoor_summer_event_announcement_by_Lord_Henry_Mountcharles_on_Facebook_music_scene_ireland.jpg

slane.jpg

robbie_williams_slane.png

slane-3.jpg

At least there's some form of a gold circle though I suppose, as I can't imagine how anyone got to the front for the likes of when Springsteen played:

image.jpg

Have a bootleg of the above gig on CD somewhere in the house and during it you can hear Bruce nervously pleading with the crowd to move back... I'd have a panic attack for damn sure being squashed by such a crowd of that size.

Michael D had the right idea.... this is him at Bob Dylan, '84, chilling out at the back :P

CGRoipzXIAAiXOi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The only reason I have a GC ticket is because that's what came up on the 'best available' option on TM on the morning they went on sale... Worried I'd loose out if I didn't take the option I was presented with, I took 2 of them.

... But I can see myself spending most of the gig in the general area.

Wait. Is that the official account of the band? As in they were there? Coz I was standing just down from that at about the same time.

I dont know to be honest. Axl's assistant is a lady called Beta and her son is also involved with the band so it could something to do with him or her if not the band or crew. Their both from Brazil and they account is a Latin American site. There is now a pic of duff standing beside the Phil Lynott statue off Grafton street on the same twitter account so I guess it maybe a band related person.

starWave wrote: »
    Is it possible that the gold circle is a pit within the pit. I imagine they need a big pit area for crowd control.

Yeah was thinking something like that myself. Might be a crowd control barrier rather than the actual pit barrier. The gold circle may be within this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Springsteen was epic only fine weekend in the yr.

I thought some one drowned trying to cross the river as well.

not really a gold circle person so will settle for the bottom of the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

€100 average on Toutless and Adverts... be sure and buy from sellers with decent feedback though i(or maybe on TicketSwap as they seem verified) if you are buying any, as have got stung by buying tickets before that had been reported lost unbeknownst to me.. hard copy they were too. Why anyone risks buying on Donedeal etc (that don't have a feedback system or some form of a verification system) I'll never know.

Yeah, I guess so. Here's a bunch of previous Slane Gold Circles to compare and at most they're roughly 1/20th the size of the crowd, which would be 4,500 or so.... tomorrow it looks like it could be pushing 1/6th or 1/7th of the crowd.. which would be massive in comparison to previous years:

No_Slane_Castle_concert_for_2012_information_details_about_gig_show_outdoor_summer_event_announcement_by_Lord_Henry_Mountcharles_on_Facebook_music_scene_ireland.jpg

slane.jpg

robbie_williams_slane.png

slane-3.jpg

At least there's some form of a gold circle though I suppose, as I can't imagine how anyone got to the front for the likes of when Springsteen played:

image.jpg

Have a bootleg of the above gig on CD somewhere in the house and during it you can hear Bruce nervously pleading with the crowd to move back... I'd have a panic attack for damn sure being squashed by such a crowd of that size.

Michael D had the right idea.... this is him at Bob Dylan, '84, chilling out at the back :P

CGRoipzXIAAiXOi.jpg

I was at Bruce in Slane, and Jesus in that picture the crowd looks to be the biggest of the lot. I've seen newspaper articles on the crowd size for Bruce quoted at 65k. But that's nonsense. Just look at that crowd, its the biggest of the lot. And the (nowadays sectioned off) steep hill slope even has people on it. I'd say there was well over 100k there. My brother in law didn't have a ticket. It was sold out or weeks in advance. He just came to the gate on the day and they were selling official new tickets to anyone who showed up. But its better for Slane etc. to pretend it was 65k for safety reasons. Also remember that back in those days the were feck all other gigs on during the summer. In fact that year I don't think there were any other notable outdoor gigs that year. But even with that huge crowd I was able to make my way to a decent viewing position near the front section of the crowd. Also note, that in those days (I'm pretty sure alcohol wasn't on sale in Slane?), so no mad drunks there causing hassle.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I was at Bruce in Slane in 85 too, my first concert. Parents also brought me to Queen the following year. Must have been completely out of it cos I remember nothing! :pac:

IMG_0532.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Goreme wrote: »
    Also note, that in those days (I'm pretty sure alcohol wasn't on sale in Slane?), so no mad drunks there causing hassle.

Not according to Bruce's book. He said he was terrified due to the amount of drunken idiots pushing at the front. He was going to walk off at one stage.

Advertisement