Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Well this is confirmation of the Gold Circle being the largest ever at Slane for sure.... and Gold A and Gold B are defo two distinct sections.

sgcfullcrop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Well this is confirmation of the Gold Circle being the largest ever at Slane for sure.... and Gold A and Gold B are defo two distinct sections.

sgcfullcrop.jpg

" Its all about the money , money , money ...." :confused::mad:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Goreme wrote: »
    As for alcohol, in those days concerts weren't massive drink/drug fests they are not, so lack of large number of pissed up fans may have helped crowd safety

We've been complete pi$$heads going back to the showband era. everyone remembers their own generation as being a lot more sensible than the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Fuuuccck sake. Might chance an oul bribe to a security guard

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

I stood back on the hill a couple of times at Slane and enjoyed it just as much. i'm not too worried. screens will be massive. sound will be good. grand. (plus im seeing them in Madrid next week :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

wacotaco wrote: »
    I hope to bring a big bag of cans on
    Also confirms that its grass covering in the Golden Circles, so depending on how much rain there is tomorrow morning... it could get muddy.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

D.Q wrote: »
    Fuuuccck sake. Might chance an oul bribe to a security guard

Best tenner I ever spent was the one given to the security guard down at Pairc Ui Chaoimh for the U2 Zoo TV Tour. 3 of us got out wrists stamped.

Between that gig on the Tuesday and the RDS gigs on the Friday and Saturday we kept those stamps coloured and sauntered in to the pit on both nights!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

D.Q wrote: »
    tesco do these cheap sandwich bags, very light material. No zip locks or anything. Just little small clear sandwich bags. Triple wrap your spirits, place it south.

Because there's no zip locks etc, it's very easy to walk with the bags down the jocks. You can be confident it won't burst, and even if it does, it'd triple wrapped. I generally put just under 500ml

Keep a spare bottle cap in the back pocket.

Once inside buy a pint and a bottle of coke. Drink the pint, drink/pour out the coke. Rip the bags into the empty pint glass. Pour it from the pint glass into the empty bottle of coke.

So youre now left with 500ml of spirits, and an empty glass for mixing. Buy your mixers from the ice cream vans etc that never have long queues.

You and I would get along just fine!

Also, with that I raise it to these

bTK9i4X.jpg

It's bassicly a sandwich bag with a lid and even has a clip built into it ;)
    Absolutely....and far less conspicuous than a glass naggin or hip flask (that could set off the metal detectors should they scan you)!

Would there reallllly be metal detectors? Sound like it would be a disaster with the amount of jewelry gnr fans would be sporting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

This is nuts, so we cant even bring a few drinks to have before entering the venue? :woot:
    Could or would they possibly refuse you entry if you were caught trying to smuggle in some drink?
    I'm not sure it's worth it tbh :ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Is there any update on stage times yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Capslock wrote: »
    This is nuts, so we cant even bring a few drinks to have before entering the venue? :woot:
    Could or would they possibly refuse you entry if you were caught trying to smuggle in some drink?

if they find booze on you they will just dump it in one of the many over-filling bins and let you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Capslock wrote: »

if they find booze on you they will just dump it in one of the many over-filling bins and let you in.
    Thanks, I hope so:) they'll have some party after with all they'll find I'm sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

DArMXNeXcAAAT3w?format=jpg

anyone know if they've gotten any more efficient at getting busses to move at the end of the day? or is everyone gonna laugh at me?

Was hoping to grab a pint afterward back in the city centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Wouldn't it be nice if we had that sky tomorrow.

Must go and buy some form of wellie after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

BornIn84 wrote: »
    anyone know if they've gotten any more efficient at getting busses to move at the end of the day? or is everyone gonna laugh at me?

Was hoping to grab a pint afterward back in the city centre :)

In fairness, I was near the front at the Foo Fighters, so one of the last groups leaving the venue.

Dublin bus had an efficient enough queue system, about 3 buses and get onto the buses and go, not really checking tickets.
    Even met a lad I know (he was, let say, hammered out of his brains) who was with a different bus company and he got on, no problem.

Got back into Dublin at about 3am for a sleepy nitelink home... to the best cup of tea I've ever had :D

Ahhh tomorrow should be some fun lads, blasting some GnR in the empty office now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Goreme wrote: »
    Also confirms that its grass covering in the Golden Circles
    unless its just not laid out yet, though it would take a lot of covers to do that size.

saw a lad selling 2 for ?40 each on toutless, another with 1 for 50.

On seatwave there is 93 gold circle, and 92 regular standing for sale -which is probably an indication of the ratio sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Zwillinge wrote: »
    In fairness, I was near the front at the Foo Fighters, so one of the last groups leaving the venue

How long did it take you to get out of the venue, roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

rubadub wrote: »
    unless its just not laid out yet, though it would take a lot of covers to do that size.

saw a lad selling 2 for ?40 each on toutless, another with 1 for 50.

On seatwave there is 93 gold circle, and 92 regular standing for sale -which is probably an indication of the ratio sold.

On seatwave there is GA for €59 and GC for €90 at the moment

Remember this the next time you hear people whining about Touts... and saying it's not right. Look at how the market is now for anyone trying to sell a ticket for this gig on Toutless or wherever.. and you can bet your bottom dollar that those same 'principled' people that have such a problem with touts selling above face value, will have no problem whatsoever getting a bargain when they're going for a price well below it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be buying my Gold Circle tickets for €90 rather than the €156 odd I paid... but I'm not a hypocrite about it is the point. I see it no different than any other supply and demand market.

Hope the weather men are wrong about tomorrow, not in the mood for getting soaked.

Off into town now to get supplies....... decent poncho mainly :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Leaving now......
    Slane , here i come !!
    GET IN THE RING !!!!!!! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

greenspurs wrote: »
    Leaving now......
    Slane , here i come !!

Leaving in 10. Wahey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

greenspurs wrote: »
    Leaving now......
    Slane , here i come !!

Just landed in slane farm, cracking set up. Beer in hand already! Not even half full yet so plenty of space and no queue in at all!

Safe travelling folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

On seatwave there is GA for ?59 and GC for ?90 at the moment
    Its odd, I have been looking the last few days, they have steadily been going down, but gone up again. I saw one sold for 45 earlier today, and one was listed at the time at 47.50 and plenty at 50. Gold circles were 75, only 2 for 90 now.

I wonder when selling ends on gigs?

couple more photos attached

rubadub wrote: »
    I wonder when selling ends on gigs?

I bought an eticket for Bon Jovi online an hour before they took the stage.... the market can swing all over the shop.

The morning of Slane tickets tend to go up as you'd be surprised how many people leave it late to decide to go... especially when the weather is decent.

GC for €90 is a steal... doubt they'll be that come midday tomorrow.

Big market for GC tickets in Slane itself also on the day as people will often go down without a ticket.... like I did for Bon Jovi.

There's a also Ticketmaster themselves at the gig of course (usually in a van) and they don't stop selling until the main act takes the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Anyone know where to get a cheap plastic poncho?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Dealz, 2€ shop or penny's maybe?

They'd prob be 1.50 for a pack of two or something. Easily a 5er plus at the event.

Rain might stop about 3/4 tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a cheap plastic poncho?

Dealz 2 Pack 1;50

Advertisement