Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Lads what are ye bringing with ye? Have never been to Slane and have no idea what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Remember this the next time you hear people whining about Touts... and saying it's not right. Look at how the market is now for anyone trying to sell a ticket for this gig on Toutless or wherever.. and you can bet your bottom dollar that those same 'principled' people that have such a problem with touts selling above face value, will have no problem whatsoever getting a bargain when they're going for a price well below it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be buying my Gold Circle tickets for €90 rather than the €156 odd I paid... but I'm not a hypocrite about it is the point. I see it no different than any other supply and demand market.

Hope the weather men are wrong about tomorrow, not in the mood for getting soaked.

Off into town now to get supplies....... decent poncho mainly :p

I wonder if this sold out really quickly because people decided to be casual touts and buy a few with the intention of selling them the week before?

My mate can't go last minute and can't get rid of the ticket for anything above €50.

Huge discount on all ticket. Is it the weather putting people off?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Does anyone know if there's a Penneys nearby?
    Need to buy cheap sunglasses. Just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Lads the entire cork city must have copped onto the Capri sun thing because I canna find them anywhere!! :(

I'm now moving onto baby food pouches.. I'll experiment and report back haha

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Lads the entire cork city must have copped onto the Capri sun thing because I canna find them anywhere!! :(

😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

starWave wrote:
    Huge discount on all ticket. Is it the weather putting people off?

Happens a lot particularly for large outdoor gigs such as Slane, weather may be one such reason, buts there's tons really. Slane is actually a lot of hassle for many, I'm not too pushed on going again

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

sammyjo90 wrote: »

Lidls have similar things to Capri Sun, a ten pack and cheaper...might try stashing a few myself 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Nearest one is in Drogheda - about a 20 - 25min drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Lads what are ye bringing with ye? Have never been to Slane and have no idea what to expect.

You'll enjoy it. It's easy going. Shuttle buses from the square in Navan running on the half hour all day. They leave you at the quarry, about a mile from Slane Castle gates. Bus service goes from the same place after the gig. Loads of buses. The buses get up and back in no time at all as they go through Gormalough and out the Kingscourt Road, not the Slane road. That's my advice to anyone making their own way to Navan.
    One major rule of Slane concert is they won't let you in with your own drink. I found the bars at Slane to be expensive but efficient at serving. You won't be waiting long. Lots of food vans there as well, although again it is expensive. You should probably get a dinner before you go. You could do worse than get a carvery in Navan before you get the bus, if you are travelling from there.

Overall, I hope you get the weather and enjoy the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Expecting
    Black Hole Sun
    to be on the set list as they've practiced it about 10 times already this evening. Sounding great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Anybody know what time they will be on stage & how long the set will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Is there parking in Navan if I decide to drop car there and bus rest of the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Spoiler man!! Jeaysus!

Sorry dude. Cut it out of the post if you wanna edit your post too.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

PWEI wrote: »
    Anybody know what time they will be on stage & how long the set will be?

Spill the beans

delta214 wrote: »
    Expecting
    Black Hole Sun
    to be on the set list as they've practiced it about 10 times already this evening. Sounding great

Spill the beans

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

airbusa320 wrote: »
    Spill the beans

click and drag over "spoilers" to reveal them.

rubadub wrote: »
    click and drag over "spoilers" to reveal them.

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Panic over lads..the baby food works!

I did look like the worst mother in history buying vodka and fruit puree in supervalue but if I get them all through 2m happy days!

If I drank beer or wine I wouldn't put myself through these things...

Look out for the lass supping out of cow and gate tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

Any spare Dublin bus tickets going ??

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭allycavs

Would Slane be a day for wellies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Try www.toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

allycavs wrote: »
    Would Slane be a day for wellies?
    wellies are usually nasty things to be walking in, unless good quality and a really good fit. I had old runners ready for the bin I wore before, others bought cheapo ones. I nick vegetable/butcher bags in supermarkets, these can be slipped on over socks and then put runners on. bring some extras to change during the day -both socks and plastic bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

There's one in Navan... but you can buy sunglasses anywhere, even in chemists!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

have two tickets for Marathon Coach from Custom House at 12:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Dublin bus might still have some left. There open till 2 tomorrow. Head office o Connell street.
    Ask them on twitter.

Never been to slane. Is it worth bringing a picnic blanket the waterproof type. To chill, More so for the earlier bands. Or does it be packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I have gold circle A tickets but my friends have b. Anyone know if you can move into whichever side you want once you get in? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pink11 wrote:
    I have gold circle A tickets but my friends have b. Anyone know if you can move into whichever side you want once you get in?

There's a big barrier down the middle, so unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

There's a big barrier down the middle, so unlikely.

Thought so judging by the pics released today :(

Will see if i can get anyone to swap!

Enjoy tomorrow everyone. Fingers crossed the rain stays away. I've been lucky enough to see reunited line up of GNR with Slash back in Vegas last year, you're in for a treat :D

P.S I'm wearing runners tomorrow. Wellies would be awful with all the walking and it's only meant to be showery. i'd be shocked if the grass turned muddy after this hot weather last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Pink11 wrote: »
    Thought so judging by the pics released today :(

Will see if i can get anyone to swap!

Enjoy tomorrow everyone. Fingers crossed the rain stays away. I've been lucky enough to see reunited line up of GNR with Slash back in Vegas last year, you're in for a treat :D

unfortunately the current forecast is looking like heavy rain earlier in the day(morning/early afternoon), to gradually ease as the day goes on. id say it ll be dry by the time gnr hit the stage but it will be fresher than late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Ill be travelling by car from Galway tomorrow.
    Should I go to Navan and get a bus in or should I travel into Slane and park there.
    Never been to Slane before so really confused as to what to do.

Advertisement