Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Med101007 wrote: »
    Ill be travelling by car from Galway tomorrow.
    Should I go to Navan and get a bus in or should I travel into Slane and park there.
    Never been to Slane before so really confused as to what to do.

getting out of slane can be a nightmare for all traffic, but ive actually never driven there. i think id probably drive to navan then get a bus but that also could be the worse thing to do as im not from galway. others might have better info. enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    getting out of slane can be a nightmare for all traffic, but ive actually never driven there. i think id probably drive to navan then get a bus but that also could be the worse thing to do as im not from galway. others might have better info. enjoy
    There are card parks in fields on the Navan side of Slane. I've parked there myself in the past and go out OK after the gig. So, if its like past years you should be ok. I chose one of the car parks say a mile or more away from Slane on the Navan side. It doesn't take long to walk a mile to the Castle with the pre concert buzz all around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

Any buses from kilcock / maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

After seeing the mud fest that Slane became last time after the first hour of rain, I would recommend wellies or ankle high walking boots all round. I saw some very sad people with some very wet and muddy feet in 2015. There's nothing more miserable than wet feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

TommyJoe15 wrote: »
    Any buses from kilcock / maynooth
    Andys coaches doing one from Naas if that's any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

What's the weather doing in the east of the country at the moment. Here in Galway it's bucketing it down!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

What's the weather doing in the east of the country at the moment. Here in Galway it's bucketing it down!!!!!

Its wet in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 39,966 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

About to set sail from cork. And Jaysus we'd be better off with a fecking boat with the rain that's falling. Good thing I've the wellies packed. If it's as bad as this is slane we'll be swinming.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Decided last minute to head along to this, but need to sort out camping.
    I won't be there on time for Slane Farm, Rock Farm Glamping is too expensive, and Castle Park Slane aren't answering their phone. Any alternatives, or am I screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea don't camp it's looking like we're in for an epic mud ball fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Yea don't camp it's looking like we're in for an epic mud ball fight.

There aren't many other options at this stage. The mud doesn't bother me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Not looked out yet but going by the noise on the roof i hope this camper is amphibious and has a axillary outboard engine packed away somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RazorT

Just outside Slane here. There's been drizzle/light rain for an hour or so. Nothing major yet. Any rain is due to clear at around 3 anyway so hopefully it doesn't get two muddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,966 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

RazorT wrote: »
    Just outside Slane here. There's been drizzle/light rain for an hour or so. Nothing major yet. Any rain is due to clear at around 3 anyway so hopefully it doesn't get two muddy.
    Good man. You're doing gods work. Hopefully it's not bad.

As of 9.12am here just outside Navan, it started raining lightly around 8am? and its a steady rain now after 9am. So you say its bucketing down in Galway?... hmm, I wonder if it will eventually bucket down on the East coast here in Meath. If it does its looking like a welly day 'cause the field will muddy up with the crowd. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It's bouncing it down here in West Dublin at the moment.

If it rains beyond noon today then we can abandon all hope that it will be anything other than muck, mud and dirt by late afternoon.

Ideally it stop raining in the next hour or two and similar weather to the last few days breaks out.

It's bouncing it down here in West Dublin at the moment.

If it rains beyond noon today then we can abandon all hope that it will be anything other than muck, mud and dirt by late afternoon.

Ideally it stop raining in the next hour or two and similar weather to the last few days breaks out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8b9HEIx5J8&ytbChannel=interpluritrans
    From Woodstock, all together now, NO Rain, NO Rain, NO Rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sandcastles

It's been raining pretty solidly since 8am, just seemed to ease off there a few minutes ago. Pity - we were sitting out drinking cans under the stars until 2 last night and it was bone dry! Hopefully the bulk of the rain falls in the next few hours and moves off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm wearing a decent pair of boots in case it turns into a mudfest. Other than that, it's game on folks. See you all down there.
    I'll be the one wearing jeans, you's won't be able to miss me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭santana75

Lads bit of a transportation problem. One of the boys was meant to buy us all bus tickets but this morning we found out he never did. Do dublin bus put on extra buses the day of slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

On the way up from cork, passed a few accidents. Take it handy everyone. Better to be there in one piece

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

santana75 wrote: »
    Lads bit of a transportation problem. One of the boys was meant to buy us all bus tickets but this morning we found out he never did. Do dublin bus put on extra buses the day of slane?

Yeah, €35 return... which is a bit steep I think and it says they can't be purchased on the day (no idea if that's true or not):
    Dublin Bus has announced its Shuttle Bus Schedule for Slane 2017, on Saturday 27 May. Thousands of concert goers will travel by Dublin Bus to one of the most anticipated concerts of the year.

The frequent shuttle service departs Parnell Square West, outside the Rotunda Hospital Dublin, every 30 minutes, on Saturday, from 12.00 until 17.00. The return service will operate directly after the concert.

According to Clíodhna Ní Fhátharta, Media and Communications Manager, Dublin Bus; “The reality is that if you take the bus you don’t have the hassle of finding a parking space, leaving more time to enjoy the festival and then travel home safely. It is so much more convenient. Dublin Bus takes the hassle out of travelling.”

Bus tickets can be purchased from any Ticketmaster outlet or www.ticketmaster.ie (a booking fee may apply), at Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1 or Sound Cellar, 47 Nassau Street, Dublin 2. Tickets are priced at €30.00 until Sunday 21 May, after which they are priced at €35.00.

Tickets must be purchased in advance. Tickets will not be available for purchase on the day of the event. Tickets are available for purchase online until Tuesday 23 May.

Limited tickets are available from Dublin Bus Head Office and Sound Cellar while stocks last.

By choosing public transport, Guns N’ Roses fans will also help reduce the country’s carbon emissions as one bus carrying 90 people only emits half the CO2 emissions of a car with concert passengers.

Bus Eireann have a €10 return from Navan.... maybe a Bus Eireann coach to Navan and then use that return service would work out better value.... but then how would you get from Navan at 1am is the problem I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

It's after drying off here in kerry around 9 looks like the clear brake is on its way to ye .
    Ground is hard so muck shouldn't be a problem .
    Should be a great event , probably will never happen again , so enjoy the 90's reloaded .

Here's the two Bus Eireann shuttle services , one is from Navan and the other from Drogheda.

santana75 wrote: »

Guy on Adverts selling two Dublin Bus return tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

I don't think I've ever been so excited about a gig - just about to hit the road from Dublin and I am absolutely frothing my pantaloons!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Rain is very heavy in south Meath. Not sure what Slane is like now. But very heavy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Pissing in Slane at the moment and has been for a while.

Any one want to buy 12.30 marathon bus tickets ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

What time are royal blood due on at?

Advertisement