Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

From boards weather....

TODAY ... Rain may become heavy at times in Leinster, parts of the midlands and inland Connacht, before most of this rain pushes north into Ulster. An area of dying thunderstorms over the Irish Sea (which originated over Wales) could redevelop when the cells move over land in east Ulster before mid-day. About 10-20 mm of rain will continue to fall, but a gradual drying trend already beginning to assert itself in the southwest will slowly spread north, the rain should end around early afternoon in central counties (Dublin to Galway) but it is likely to rain most of the day further north (perhaps letting up around 3 p.m. for the Slane concert). With the drying trend will come some breaks in the cloud and isolated light showers but a stronger southwest to west wind at 30-50 km/hr. Highs about 17 or 18 C.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Torrential rain here in Dublin right now 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Its only a bit of water lads... f*ck it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

bring a jacket, be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Why are people constantly stating how the weather is terrible "right now". It will be grand from 4pm onwards folks!
    Look up some forecasts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Got on a Dublin bus in tallaght. Went for 2 mins and broke down. May miss marathon bus from city centre now. Does anyone know if you can grab the next marathon bus or not? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Why are people constantly stating how the weather is terrible "right now". It will be grand from 4pm onwards folks!
    Look up some forecasts!

Forecasts don't work in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Look up some forecasts!

Cool Lester smooth. Real poh-lice

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

D.Q wrote: »
    Cool Lester smooth. Real poh-lice

You know it baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Capslock wrote: »
    Got on a Dublin bus in tallaght. Went for 2 mins and broke down. May miss marathon bus from city centre now. Does anyone know if you can grab the next marathon bus or not? ��

Should be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Free mixer from heaven ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That girl/guy who posted about 100 posts back (yday evening) looking for the nearest penny's store to slane so (s)he could buy sun glasses has doomed us all. Doomed I say.... doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

That girl/guy who posted about 100 posts back (yday evening) looking for the nearest penny's store to slane so (s)he could buy sun glasses has doomed us all. Doomed I say.... doomed!

I bought a sun hat in army bargains yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

On the bus up, It's lashing. Embrace it to fook lads and lassie it's gonna be the last time we see these and its gonna be amazing. Great vibes already can only imagine how good it will be with a full crowd!

Enjoy, everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Can you bring in a small bag with you. Have a few bits I want to bring, but they seem say no to bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Can you bring in a small bag with you. Have a few bits I want to bring, but they seem say no to bags!

some-one posted that small bags are allowed a few pages back in either this or the gnr thread. They had an email confirmation from the promoter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Oh my god I can hear the bands at the Round O starting already from my house. No amount of rain is going to ruin this dy for me. You hear me god? No amount! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Oh my god I can hear the bands at the Round O starting already from my house. No amount of rain is going to ruin this dy for me. You hear me god? No amount! :D

You live in Navan.....That should be enough to ruin anyone's day

• Registered Users Posts: 18 vcngirl

I wonder will we see any of those full body transparent rainsuits they had on Dragons Den a few weeks back - not very rocknroll

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

To wellie or not to wellie, that is the question

Haven't been the Slane in years and didn't rain when I was there so absolutely no idea what to expect, if the rain does clear up by 3/4 will it be ok for hiking type boots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

My jacket says 99 percent waterproof. The one day I needed 100

I'm looking out and the pissing rain and I'm still asking myself why I didn't get a ticket

Biggest regret ever

enjoy everyone!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Look up some forecasts!

Because the ground is going to be in absolute bits. Bring the appropriate footwear and you should be fine, but I personally can't stand wearing wellies all day and proper waterproof boots are very expensive for something I'd only wear once every few years. Luckily I got a lend of a pair at the last minute because this rain is way worse than I was expecting. Getting up the hill at the end of the gig should be fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Any idea roughly how much tshirts and litho's might be?

Not sure even 100% will do it today

I wonder would football boots be better than wellies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

In desperate need of a pair of wellies in the Slane farm hostel campsite , if anyone has a spare size 10s pm me PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Anyone know if they have a dedicated entry to a "Gold" area?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

You live in Navan.....That should be enough to ruin anyone's day

Maybe that's why I've become desensitised to suffering and misery :) Oh at least I'll make the night club back home after the gig (and then the resi bar in the hotel till 6am) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wheres best place to pick up some wellies in Dublin city centre anyone know?

Advertisement