Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Wheres best place to pick up some wellies in Dublin city centre anyone know?

Guineys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

-=al=- wrote: »
    To wellie or not to wellie, that is the question

Haven't been the Slane in years and didn't rain when I was there so absolutely no idea what to expect, if the rain does clear up by 3/4 will it be ok for hiking type boots?

Bring wellies and a light jacket with a hood. Going to be a muckbath in Slane. The grass in Slane will be all trodden down, and it will be VERY mucky. If you don't have wellies, bring boots that you are prepared to throw in the bin when you get home. Your feet are going to get destroyed, and possibly any trousers you wear

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

In travelling from Galway on the motorway (M6). Whst exit do i take for Slane? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Bring wellies and a light jacket with a hood. Going to be a muckbath in Slane. The grass in Slane will be all trodden down, and it will be VERY mucky. If you don't have wellies, bring boots that you are prepared to throw in the bin when you get home. Your feet are going to get destroyed, and possibly any trousers you wear

Will it really be that bad? I do have a pair of wellies and a pair of boots I've also ruined but might just do the wellies and not have to think about where I'm walking!

I always welly it up at electric picnic but no idea what the story at slane is with rain

Thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I live 7 miles away in navan. Just passed the round o pub which is usually packed inside and outside to capacity with concert goers and taxis/buses collecting to and from slane. There's only a handful of people outside with their wet gear on. I was at the last concert guns and roses had in 92 at the age of 12. Hope everyone has a super day and doesn't let the rain dampen their spirits. Slane will be a complete muck fest though. Tickets are going very cheap at the moment from people who are put off by the rain. The die hard gnr fans won't be put off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Will it really be that bad? I do have a pair of wellies and a pair of boots I've also ruined but might just do the wellies and not have to think about where I'm walking!

I always welly it up at electric picnic but no idea what the story at slane is with rain

Thanks for the reply

slane can be very mucky in this kind of weather, wellies would probably be a good call

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Thanks for the reply

If EP was on for two weeks and it rained non stop = SLANE with a light drizzle

Boots? You'll be mad wearing. unless they are super light wellies would be better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Are small bags a definite bo go? Was gona bring a small bag with boots,tshirt nd socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I bought an eticket for Bon Jovi online an hour before they took the stage.
    seatwave show none for sale, and the same an hour ago, there are plenty on viagogo so I reckon seatwave has closed.

https://www.seatwave.ie/guns-n-roses-tickets/slane-castle-tickets/27-may-2017/perf/1089980

https://www.viagogo.ie/Concert-Tickets/Hard-Rock-Metal/Guns-N-Roses-Tickets/E-2006223

35 for general, and 44 for gold circle

• Advertisement

Are small bags a definite bo go? Was gona bring a small bag with boots,tshirt nd socks.
    You'll be fine. Its giant backpacker style ones they have an issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

In meath navan all day. Been raining since 8 this morning. Warm enough but my god it will be a mud bath

Some lad had this on facebook 1hr ago
    Well it's pissin rain ere and every road is nearly closed and the police diversions just send u around in a circle again..

18739617_10207029909065916_7072471961717887699_n.jpg?oh=692cc164ad3718967ece86797d471b77&oe=599DCABC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The rain in Slane falls mostly on the fecking day of the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Dry but cloudy in Galway, I hope it clears up for ya's, enjoy the gig. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

418421.png

418422.jpg

Well it will most likely stop raining in about 2/3 hours time and its clear from then onwards. When that second heavier shower hits it should shop within 10-15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'm looking out and the pissing rain and I'm still asking myself why I didn't get a ticket

Biggest regret ever!
    GC eTickets going dirt cheap on Adverts, there's still time.... :)

I decided to sell my gold circle earlier, along with my camping ticket, but could only mange to sell the camping ticket. So have now decided to drive to Drogheda and get the Bus Eireann shuttle across.

Feck it, you only live twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mdiggity

Anybody hear of stage times yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Can I bring binoculars ??

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Anyone know where the shuttle buses are going from in Navan. Is it the Round O pub for definate?

• Advertisement

mdiggity wrote: »
    Anybody hear of stage times yet?

Guns at 7 apparently. I ain't buying it. They wont have the fireworks till dark so I would say Guns from 8 till around 10.15

Ou
    Goreme wrote: »
    Anyone know where the shuttle buses are going from in Navan. Is it the Round O pub for definate?

Usually from market square. The ticket kiosk bus in the square outside Bank Of Ireland and buses up the road a bit leaving on the half hour till 7. Dropping off at the quarry

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had to laugh at the original price of the ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can I bring binoculars ??

Not sure, but do you know what the singular of binoculars is?
    Telescope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the original price of the ticket

Oh that is so sweet. F*cking hate touting. I always buy one or two extra tickets if I can. Just to sell to mates/whatever at face so they don't have to go to touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Can't see gnr on before 9 .
    Bad time keepers they are

• Registered Users Posts: 7 snap2012

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Guns at 7 apparently. I ain't buying it. They wont have the fireworks till dark so I would say Guns from 8 till around 10.15

Rehearsals went on for about 4 hrs if that's any to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Still on the God Damn mother fcking bus.....

Left just after 10am....fluff my life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

sammyjo90 wrote: »

ah yes now i remember why i didnt go.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

sammyjo90 wrote: »

From where ?

Advertisement