Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Dublin...

nah Cark boi.

I have passed the first garda point at the crossroads! So close!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Part of me is gutted not to be there, part of me is happy I'm not too. Know it'll be class but everything else about is awful, as witnessed by the lad still on the bus from cork. I'd be fuming if I missed Mark Lanegan cos of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

mdiggity wrote: »
    Anybody hear of stage times yet?

Slash and duff allreDy tgere could ne early

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

gally74 wrote: »
    Slash and duff allreDy tgere could ne early

Your having a good day judging by the above. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Who's on stage at the minute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What's it like under foot?

Serious queues on all approaches to the gig now.

if your not on approach by now your gonna have serious trouble been there for 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7 snap2012

if your not on approach by now your gonna have serious trouble been there for 7pm

is that approaching slane by car or getting into gig????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Had my ticket. Unfortunately found out last night that I couldn't go due to unexpected work commitments. Was gutted. However I could do without getting to/from Slane (Quicker to get to Glasto from Dublin than to Slane)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just leaving Drogheda on coach now... everyone in it is buckled!

I'll only be having the sensible two drinks as have to drive back to Dublin around 2am ish.

Driving up here was mental. Mist and lashings of rain the whole way.

Enjoy the Guns and the Roses lads and lassies!

• Advertisement

snap2012 wrote:
    is that approaching slane by car or getting into gig????

Car, bus etc.

About 6km from the castle now and loads of people are opting to get out of buses and walk

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Back in Black

It's not the mud bath I expected. Only dodgy area is the bar on the hilltop. Every where else fine and rain has stopped

Just seen this, could be etickets... anyone local?

https://twitter.com/morninwood55/status/868509648638365696

Not mine, posted on the twitter...

DA2P8G0XgAEK561.jpg

DA2R1BaXcAAPxsx.jpg

Just arrived at Slane on Bus Eireann coach... driver took some mad backroads I wouldn't take a bike.... but we never hit traffic, not once... legend!!!

Lets do this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Car, bus etc.

About 6km from the castle now and loads of people are opting to get out of buses and walk

Run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

thin_lizzy_slane_1981.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43,912 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just saw something on Twitter about them charging €17.50 for a glass of prosecco? That can't be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Basq wrote: »
    Just saw something on Twitter about them charging €17.50 for a glass of prosecco? That can't be right!

Wouldn't be surprised.marlay park last year, queue 30 mins for beer or 10 mins for prosecco at 35-40 a bottle. Of course u don't get a bottle just filled into plastic glasses. It's things like that turn me off big events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone for the last two choc ices now. ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Prosecco at a G'n'R concert? Are they selling Dora the Explorer fidget spinners aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,912 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's things like that turn me off big events
    Indeed.

Glastonbury has it right... Bring Your Own Booze (provided it's not glass obviously).
    Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Prosecco at a G'n'R concert? Are they selling Dora the Explorer fidget spinners aswell?

Depending on whether Axl plays up, they might have to bring out the "I went to see G'n'R and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" shirts!

Indeed.

Glastonbury has it right... Bring Your Own Booze (provided it's not glass obviously).

Depending on whether Axl plays up, they might have to bring out the "I went to see G'n'R and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" shirts!
    That was the other thing that turned me off this gig, will he won't he turn up on time or at all. Though am feeling sad now that I'm not there!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

That was the other thing that turned me off this gig, will he won't he turn up on time or at all. Though am feeling sad now that I'm not there!

bogfest id say, not worth it in my world

Think they have played something like 115 shows this tour and I don't think they have come on late yet, it will be fine!

Think they have played something like 115 shows this tour and I don't think they have come on late yet, it will be fine!

Damn, pity I didn't check that out before the tickets went on sale. I only live in Kells, though hearing reports of 7 mile hikes from the navan side

Damn, pity I didn't check that out before the tickets went on sale. I only live in Kells, though hearing reports of 7 mile hikes from the navan side

Even if I was back in Europe I would have opted to go to one of the gigs in England or mainland Europe. After Oasis I vowed never to put myself through the getting out of Slane agony again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Even if I was back in Europe I would have opted to go to one of the gigs in England or mainland Europe. After Oasis I vowed never to put myself through the getting out of Slane agony again.

been there a few times now, just wouldnt be bothered with it anymore, even for one of my favourite bands from my youth.

• Advertisement

Haven't been since REM and getting out is still the single worst memory I have of attending a gig anywhere in the world, and it was a nice day that day can't imagine what it's like in bad weather. I hear much hasn't changed since those days

Politely declined a ticket yesterday.

They serve Prosecco at gigs these days? I'm so not with it I don't even know what 'it' is anymore :o

EDIT: Few streams on facebook live map. Looks Ok out there now weather wise.

Advertisement