Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Haven't been since REM and getting out is still the single worst memory I have of attending a gig anywhere in the world, and it was a nice day that day can't imagine what it's like in bad weather. I hear much hasn't changed since those days

Politely declined a ticket yesterday.

They serve Prosecco at gigs these days? I'm so not with it I don't even know what 'it' is anymore :o

EDIT: Few streams on facebook live map. Looks Ok out there now weather wise.
    I saw it on sale at Stone Roses last year

Only in Ireland, the screens and sound out of sync. Such a simple thing to get right but no

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Only in Ireland, the screens and sound out of sync. Such a simple thing to get right but no

whats it like there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

That could just be the wind swirling the sound about.

Wanderer78 wrote:
    whats it like there?

Pretty damn amazing, sound is a little off but that's to be expected. The band are in to form and Axel sounds great. Have a 9 year old rocking out here and having the time of his life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

could be the phone, but jaysis, that sounds terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    could be the phone, but jaysis, that sounds terrible

Sure you've got to take the phone into account, but that sounds sh1te!

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Sure you've got to take the phone into account, but that sounds sh1te!

either it has improved or my hearing has detuned itself, estranged isnt too bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just played Black Hole Sun, a wow moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,718 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

scudzilla wrote: »

Just saw it on a friend's Snapchat. V nice

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

scudzilla wrote: »

Doubt I'll hear that in London. Good to hear everything is going well in Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭buried

Are you all having a good time? Turned out a nice evening anyways, hope your all still partying

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

buried wrote: »
    Are you all having a good time? Turned out a nice evening anyways, hope your all still partying

Savage craic

And the view from the top, why would you pay for a ticket to end up there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Well that rocked. What a gig. Band in sensational form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I hated it :(

Took me 6 hours to get there from Dublin. When I got to car park it was a mud bath. Got in to venue as first song was playing. Was miles away, so was watching on screen.

The thought of the car park afterwards was on my mind, so I left after Out ta get me. Could hear November Rain playing as I was walking out.

I'm home now. If I hadn't of left id still be in the car park. The cars were sliding all over the place in the mood.

Would I go to Slane again, not in this lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I hated it :(

Took me 6 hours to get there from Dublin. When I got to car park it was a mud bath. Got in to venue as first song was playing. Was miles away, so was watching on screen.

The thought of the car park afterwards was on my mind, so I left after Mr Brownstone. Could hear November Rain playing as I was walking out.

I'm home now. If I hadn't of left id still be in the car park. The cars were sliding all over the place in the mood.

Would I go to Slane again, not in this lifetime.

Overall, was it worth it for the day that was in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The gig was awesome. Sitting in the car park for an hour and a half and still not moving is not so much fun.
    418480.JPG

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

We drove down and we put in the very back corner of car park,walking out noticed all the free spaces so moved up. Left after Paradise City so saw the entire gig and we were in the car and on the road well within 30 minutes. Could not have worked out better. Had a great night, we were a little future back than I would have liked but we were looking after a 9 year old and wanted to be sure he was in a safe enough area with some space. Was about half way up hill and honestly listening to a 9 year old sing Knockin' On Heaven's Door was the highlight, just a great moment to see so much enthusiasm from my little brother.

We're almost in Longford and traffic was great, easy to get out and honestly I'd consider Slane again after swearing way back 13 years ago that I'd never go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

An amazing gig. Great performance from all members. Will be hard to beat this one IMO. Couldn't care bout traffic, we'll get home eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Lanshane wrote: »
    An amazing gig. Great performance from all members. Will be hard to beat this one IMO. Couldn't care bout traffic, we'll get home eventually.

How far is home though :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭buried

Sounds class. You should all get out the cars and crack open some cans and put on a fire, feic getting home

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Absolutely loved it, they were fantastic from start to finish. A long journey to Cork ahead of us but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Still in car park here, pure joke :( took 2 and a half hours to get from Navan to Slane and now it's looking longer to get from Slane to Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Fck me trying to get out the red side was a mare! Don't remember it being that bad last year even if we did have the same entertainment with the stewards.

Now...stuck on the bus in the queue to get out...maccy d 's been promised to us all at junction 8 but we mint be able to get a breakfast mcmuffin by the time we get there!!

November rain was fcking epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

buried wrote: »
    Sounds class. You should all get out the cars and crack open some cans and put on a fire, feic getting home

You do realise we are driving and the place is crawling with gardai so not a good idea to drink ;)

2 hours on car park now

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Fck me trying to get out the red side was a mare! Don't remember it being that bad last year even if we did have the same entertainment with the stewards.

Now...stuck on the bus in the queue to get out...maccy d 's been promised to us all at junction 8 but we mint be able to get a breakfast mcmuffin by the time we get there!!

November rain was fcking epic.

Entertainment with steward was class especially when she started laughing.
    Everyone heading for red exit even if they were in different routes was a joke. Needs to organise the exit bit a lot better but apart from that was a great gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

We drove last year.
    I much prefer the 5 min walk to the car compared to the trek I just had!

Bus company gave us 45 mins to get to Bus...that would have been half 11...didn't get there till quarter to 1!

Advertisement