Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anybody buy a lithograph? wondering how much they were

Also, they had mugs for 15quid, but wouldn't sell them until after the gig, yeah numbnuts, gonna spend 15quid on a mug and lob it at someone's head:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anybody buy a lithograph? wondering how much they were

Also, they had mugs for 15quid, but wouldn't sell them until after the gig, yeah numbnuts, gonna spend 15quid on a mug and lob it at someone's head:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did they have tour programmes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

They were 50euro! I heard after there was some left despite it being limited to only 500. They didn't give out plastic bags so people didnt bother buying that material in the rain. Would have been destroyed.

Yes I saw tour programmes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pink11 wrote: »
    They were 50euro! I heard after there was some left despite it being limited to only 500. They didn't give out plastic bags so people didnt bother buying that material in the rain. Would have been destroyed.

Yes I saw tour programmes too.

Cool t shirt and programme for me in London lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,041 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Any worthwhile celebs in the VIP area ???

Dáithí O'Shea and elmo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Dáithí O'Shea and elmo :)

So that's a no then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Didn't know about the mugs, I actually would have liked one!
    I'm a pushover for merchandise, so I got the white tshirt for 35, which I've finally gotten the red wine stain i put on it out!
    I also got the programme for 20, seems to be all pictures though. I always have to get the programme at gigs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

wawaman wrote: »
    So that's a no then!!

Beat me to it!!!!

Any worthwhile celebs in the VIP area ???

Anybody worthwhile, as in A list celebs (not that we have any here) wouldn't have been in the paid for VIP area, would have been backstage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are there any videos of the FULL gig on the net???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Silly question but is there any chance of getting a Slane t-shirt online now? I was talked out if getting one at the gig and now I'm bulling

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

I'm sure you'll see em up on ebay soon. I'm heading to the Madrid gig this weekend so I'm gonna pick one up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Silly question but is there any chance of getting a Slane t-shirt online now? I was talked out if getting one at the gig and now I'm bulling

I'm gutted I didn't get one too... there are tour ones, but I haven't seen them with the dates and locations :( really want one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

A reformed Pink Floyd would fill Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I got a slane tshirt ,
    First thing I did when I walked in.
    I knew if I didn't get it there and then it wouldn't happen. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wistfuleyes

greenspurs wrote: »
    There was toilets in the back field, in the corner near the exit down by the Trees.....
    I felt it was very clean considering the amount of people/cars/vans/trailers/campers squeezed into the fields.
    Cow sh!t didnt really bother..... but im not from the town ...:D
    That wasn't the back field. There was another field equally as big further back with no toilets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pink11 wrote: »
    Best concert I've ever been to. Need to catch these guys on a later Europeon date on this tour. They are the best of the best out there.

Have a ticket to Poland as I can't go; if you're interested (under face value obvs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

The venue: outdated, hard to get to, muddy fields, terrible car parks, huge queues, inadequate toilets, lack of atmosphere at the back of the hill due to not even the world's best sound engineers being able to work miracles.

The band: Better than anyone could have imagined. 2 hours and 45 minutes of pure 'balls to the wall' late 80's rock. Played everything the crowd wanted. A stunning version of Black Hole Sun. Slash still being one of the most iconic and talented guitar players of all time. Axel genuinely enjoying being the frontman again, and with a voice that showed it. Finishing with Paradise City and a big old-fashioned fireworks display.

It was an incredible gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ally Dick wrote: »
    A reformed Pink Floyd would fill Slane

Ain't gonna happen without Rick, its just a matter of convincing David Gilmour to do it though at best.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Mushy wrote: »
    Can I ask in what way was Mark lanegan bad? My mates said he was very good, but they're fans. His music really doesn't suit massive outdoor venues at all, I kinda guessed it wouldn't work at all.

I enjoyed his and his band's performance. He doesn't do the whole plámás-ery thing of buttering up the crowd and talking about drinking pints of Guinness or whatever.

He's also played great when he was in the Sugar Club and The Academy, for his own headline shows, over the last five or so years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I think I was at a different gig, no traffic issues at all.
    Left Dublin at 5pm, decided to go through Drogheda. Was parked in Pink car park by 5.40. Same coming home, half an hour walk from the castle, into the car and straight home. A few guards around but traffic flowed and very little stopping. I have to say €20 to park in a field of cow **** is just pure greed.

Gig was great, stayed up the hill so was relying on the screens.
    Didn't know a lot of the first few songs so found the second half better. Slash is fantastic and hasn't changed at all. I could listen to him all day. As for Axl, he's aged!!

I'm getting so sensible in my old age, didn't drink coz i just can't handle the toilet situations. They make me want to vomit, but the amount of drunk people (and I'm not talking about teens!) falling all over the place, getting sick and starting fights. What's the point in getting tickets for these gigs when you are unconscious in the corner for most of it? (God I sound like my mother!!) there will be a few sore heads today for sure.

Too true, in one of the port-a-loos, you'd swear a horse s-hite-ed into it! Or perhaps an elephant.

After the gig the 5 of us started plodding back to the car through the red entrance, we got split up, so myself, wife and dan were on our own, stopped for a pee at the urinals, wifey wanted a toilet too so she went into a cubicle.

I asked Dan which one she was in, he pointed and i shook the ****e out of it, some guy shouted "Here, don;t be doing that, there's a woman in there"...."Yeah, my wife!!!!" Oh how we laughed:pac::pac:

And she actually saw the funny side of it too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ain't gonna happen without Rick, its just a matter of convincing David Gilmour to do it though at best.

Dave won't want to do it without Rick, but Roger Dave and Nick would get the audience if they would do it

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

Anyone see the naked fella lying facedown on the grass at the end of the gig? He was about halfway up the hill, centre of the stage. We were worried he was off his head but of course walked past him ASAP...

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

The venue: outdated, hard to get to, muddy fields, terrible car parks, huge queues, inadequate toilets, lack of atmosphere at the back of the hill due to not even the world's best sound engineers being able to work miracles.

The band: Better than anyone could have imagined. 2 hours and 45 minutes of pure 'balls to the wall' late 80's rock. Played everything the crowd wanted. A stunning version of Black Hole Sun. Slash still being one of the most iconic and talented guitar players of all time. Axel genuinely enjoying being the frontman again, and with a voice that showed it. Finishing with Paradise City and a big old-fashioned fireworks display.

It was an incredible gig.

Great synopsis... I feel the venue let the band down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

bands that could fill Slane (some of these played here already, reforming is prob not an option for some in the list)
    The Rolling Stones
    Oasis (Reformed)
    The Smiths (Reformed)
    Led Zepplin (Reformed)
    Pearl Jam
    Coldplay (with a strong support lineup)
    Bruce Springsteen And ESB
    ACDC (close to reform as possible)
    U2
    Ed Sheeran (with a strong support lineup)
    Metallica (with a very strong support lineup)
    possibly Foo Fighters
    RHCP

Doubt the smiths would fill slane, and as much as I'd love to see Led Zep, thats never going to happen.

Add the following to that list:
    The Killers
    Kings of Leon
    Snow Patrol (with decent support)
    REM (reformed, with decent support)

Considering Madonna played Slane before, some big acts from the world of pop could sell it out. Rihanna, One Direction, a reformed Westlife, Take That.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

The Smiths filling Slane, I've heard it all now :P

Maybe with U2 as the support act!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Too true, in one of the port-a-loos, you'd swear a horse s-hite-ed into it! Or perhaps an elephant.

You would think the effort required to make that much of a mess in the port-a-loos would be far greater than to **** in the thing properly :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hopefully that'll be the last Slane so any of the dream gigs we're talking about above will be held elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Found out this morning that another of the guys from work went, he's from Navan, he said that it was the best gig he's ever been to, he also said that the whole band were in Navan having their aftershow party :pac::pac::pac:

He's young so i just went along with it :pac:

Advertisement