Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

grimm2005 wrote:
    compare the experience to Auschwitz.

It's meaning of pain, apparently!

Not sure I'm bothered going to this, any rumours on line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You would be mad not to let him go if he is big into them. Theyre not that likely to ever play here again so he may never see them if you dont bring him.

Pretty easy to stay with him, Slane is a very large venue that could hold 100,000+. It wont be jammers throughout the whole venue, you could easily base yourselves halfway up the hill, have a great view and no worries of losing him. Obviously make sure he knows how to get back to your spot and also have a contingency plan if you did happen to get separated (meet under the big screen up on the hill or else the marked meeting spot just at the main entrance to the venue). Mobile coverage will be available but can be patchy at times so good to have a back up plan. But definitely take him, he will seriously thank you in years to come.

taking my 15 year old. should be grand. as Muahahaha said keep the phones charged and pick a meeting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭phildenny

thanks, now i'm thinking maybe. back to the drawing board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The Nal wrote: »
    I didn't go to the Foos because I'm not a cúnt.

Thousands beg to differ after last year. Heres the boards.ie thread from the aftermath. A lot of negative feedback. Again.

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057325591/78?

Take off your MCD promo hat, you mole.

Its sh1t every year.

I beg to differ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

I didn't go to the Foos because I'm not a cúnt.

Take off your MCD promo hat, you mole.
    Are you sure....? Its an awful grudge when your not even sure they were from the midlands
    Yeah they could put anyone on there and thousands of animals from the midlands will be down there pissed up with really bad sunburn by 3pm.
    thanks.
    the idiot Irish crowd that go to Slane

just let out for the day from whatever midlands hell hole they eke out their miserable existence in.
    Who cares, they don't have the internet so aren't reading this.
    I think they were from the midlands. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

numbernine wrote: »
    Bon jovi was fine, no queues and no queing for buses

yeah, but there was only around 680 people at that one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Will it sell out, just wondering as I won't have access to a computer for a couple of hours Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Will it sell out, just wondering as I won't have access to a computer for a couple of hours Friday morning.

Really hard to say, a lot of people will be put off by the last 2 appearances here by Guns, then on the other side it's Slane and Duff/Slash back in the fold, easy christmas present (ticket) sorted for people

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

sabrewulf wrote: »
    ticketmaster apparently sells the presale code with fanclub membership for 80 euro. Can someone please confirm that buying it from the gnr site for 45 dollars (still) works fine? Or is there also a hidden cost of additional $40 somewhere?

edit: sorted. When using the first line to order instead of the second line it's 42 instead of 80 euro.

Just pulled the trigger there, joined the fanclub and bagged the tickets. Couldn't risk losing out on Friday, would not have been a pretty sight.

How do you access the fanclub after paying for membership, do you get sent a seperate email with login details or what?? Kinda confusting. Also once you access the fanclub can you get codes for the London gig??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yes it will. Quickly. But if you don't get a ticket now there'll be thousands available in the weeks before the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

phildenny wrote: »
    My 13 year old son is mad into Guns n roses, and is begging to go. But I said no, no, no, and reading here doesn't do anything to really change my mind. Would i be mad to let him go, and how easy would it be to stay with him, he's small for his age too.

i was 12 when i went to see them in slane last time they were here. ok i was with an adult but it was an experience i almost never got to experience again. i say do it and give him something he will never forget

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Layne wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger there, joined the fanclub and bagged the tickets. Couldn't risk losing out on Friday, would not have been a pretty sight.

How do you access the fanclub after paying for membership, do you get sent a seperate email with login details or what?? Kinda confusting. Also once you access the fanclub can you get codes for the London gig??

These two threads really need to be merged. This might answer parts of your question:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101894785&postcount=201

Regarding fanclub access: I have no idea. I didn't get any access credentials by email after purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Quote:
    My 13 year old son is mad into Guns n roses, and is begging to go. But I said no, no, no, and reading here doesn't do anything to really change my mind. Would i be mad to let him go, and how easy would it be to stay with him, he's small for his age too.

i was 12 when i went to see them in slane last time they were here. ok i was with an adult but it was an experience i almost never got to experience again. i say do it and give him something he will never forget

Yep, I agree with this. I went to slane in '03 when I was 13 with my dad and a few friends and it was fantastic. We just stayed to the back of the big crowds on the hill. There was a good bit of space at the back to have a rug out and just relax for the day and move forward when the headliners come on. Not sure if it's still the same though...

Queuing and transport might be a bit of a pain but it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

gooner99 wrote: »
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    You would be mad not to let him go if he is big into them. Theyre not that likely to ever play here again so he may never see them if you dont bring him.  

Pretty easy to stay with him, Slane is a very large venue that could hold 100,000+. It wont be jammers throughout the whole venue, you could easily base yourselves halfway up the hill, have a great view and no worries of losing him. Obviously make sure he knows how to get back to your spot and also have a contingency plan if you did happen to get separated (meet under the big screen up on the hill or else the marked meeting spot just at the main entrance to the venue). Mobile coverage will be available but can be patchy at times so good to have a back up plan. But definitely take him, he will seriously thank you in years to come.

taking my 15 year old. should be grand. as Muahahaha said keep the phones charged and pick a meeting point.
    You're dead right to go, but I wouldn't be relying on phones at all - not with 50k or 80k people in a field.

Layne wrote: »
    sabrewulf wrote: »
    ticketmaster apparently sells the presale code with fanclub membership for 80 euro. Can someone please confirm that buying it from the gnr site for 45 dollars (still) works fine? Or is there also a hidden cost of additional $40 somewhere?

edit: sorted. When using the first line to order instead of the second line it's 42 instead of 80 euro.

Not sure how that works. I got the membership via gunsnroses.com and you signed up first and selected the tshirt size you wanted. Might be an idea to contact ticketmaster or gunsnroses.com

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wonder will next years show possibily be the last ever Slane concert ???

acts like the Rolling Stones/U2/Coldplay would perfer to play venues like Croke Park/Aviva. Some past headliners are not big enough for Slane anymore and quite frankly newer bands are not good enough. M

A reformed Oasis could sell out Slane id say but cant think of anyone else that might ??? A reformed Smiths or U2 might

Lord Henry and Co did brillent job at getting Guns N Roses back to the venue for next summer. People who were there in 1992 can relive memories and bring along there kids/grankids/family etc. Croke Park may have been on the cards but the Slane team must of come in with an offer MCD could not refuse ??? (we will never know)

Say it will be a blast for all going

Killing 2 birds with my GNR plans, going to london to see them and explore the city too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »

acts like the Rolling Stones/U2/Coldplay would perfer to play venues like Croke Park/Aviva. Some past headliners are not big enough for Slane anymore and quite frankly newer bands are not good enough. M

Not good enough isn't the case you should alter that more like doesn't rope in the €s for all involved. Awful tosh over the years has managed to do well in various outdoor venues but executed the right time and place and they're onto a winner.

Who said those bands would prefer to play those venues the Rolling Stones for instance have only done 2 outdoor shows here both at Slane!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/guns-n-roses-castle-vip-compound-co-meath-05-27-2017/event/18005187EF1FBC48?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

250 euro is not that bad actually and u have a seat too. Plus you might get to mingle with z list irish celebs lol

the bloody exchange rate went up and london tickets cost a bit more after they took the money out of my account dis morning :(:(:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I got the presale golden circle tickets on Monday as a birthday present for my husband, but to be honest we'd probably prefer the castle seating tickets but they don't seem to be available on presale. If I managed to get them tomorrow morning do you reckon I'd have any trouble selling the golden circle tickets on seatwave?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I got the presale golden circle tickets on Monday as a birthday present for my husband, but to be honest we'd probably prefer the castle seating tickets but they don't seem to be available on presale. If I managed to get them tomorrow morning do you reckon I'd have any trouble selling the golden circle tickets on seatwave?
    sell them on Toutless.com for face value, you'll have no trouble selling them then.

no guarantees they'll sell on Seatwave as they charge a huge commission fee which makes the tickets even more expensive, which may discourage people.
    plus it just makes Ticketmaster even richer and encourages touting.

• Advertisement

sell them on Toutless.com for face value, you'll have no trouble selling them then.

no guarantees they'll sell on Seatwave as they charge a huge commission fee which makes the tickets even more expensive, which may discourage people.
    plus it just makes Ticketmaster even richer and encourages touting.

Thanks for that. I've never resold tickets before so wasn't sure of options.

Thinking of doing the same myself. I got 3 gold circle, but my wife is not a big fan. Think I will try for 2 VIP and try and sell the other 3 gold circle. Anyone know if I will have trouble buying more tickets using the same ticketmaster.ie account?

Also I opted to have my tickets posted. Guess on Toutless.com I'd have to have the tickets before listing them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

They would be lucky to sell out the 3 Arena at this stage of their career and they're one of my favorite bands.

Wow, people jumped off the Green Day bandwagon already? (I am referring to those who only discovered them during American Idiot period and onwards) Would not mind but they were and I assume are still are great live band. Sure they were doing all the major venues only a few years ago..... are they popular anymore? How fickle the world is. Still, they did get a good 6-10 year run of the big time

Someone mentioned that the Red Hot Chili Peppers would not be able to fill Slane now. I am sure they are correct, but imagine, in 2001 they were the best band on the night when U2 played their first gig (and they were great that night - actually, that line up was very good) and they Chilly Willies (on que Barney from The Simpson) had no problems filling it out the beautiful day that they headlined Slane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

By the time you pay for a ticket, a hotel/B&B the night before or after (or both!), pay for petrol/bus there and back, the ticket, booze and food etc you're looking at 300 quid ish.

That would pay for a ticket in, say, Berlin, your hotel for two nights and your flights. And you get a weekend away in somewhere like Berlin!

More importantly, you don't have to put up with the nightmare getting there and getting in, the frankly dangerous crush leaving, the 4 hour wait in the carpark, the idiot Irish crowd that go to Slane, the disgraceful facilities, the hike and huge queues to the toilets/bars/foodstalls, the dodgy sound etc.

The venue is a relic of the 1980s. Some people who just want to hear Sweet Child O Mine, some passed out by 2pm sun burned to a crisp, some looking for fights, some looking "for the shift" and some just let out for the day from whatever midlands hell hole they eke out their miserable existence in.

Actually, depending on who the band is , it tend to be nike/addidas baggy tracksuit wearing filth from inner city Dublin , with their white socks (what kind of man wears white socks, I mean , really) over said tracksuit bottoms, all smoking their peasantry John Player Blues. No coincidence that the Dublin City Center is peaceful when said rats are over in Slane

Agree with the chaos of Slane. Last one was Oasis and I was in the mosh pit. But, due to not messing about and talking to others, I was out of the pit and storming down the village with sfa street lights (think we were made to walk the longer route) and on a bus and back in Dublin at 1.30 in time for Coppers (oh yeah) As for the food and toilet, did everything to avoid needing them; hell! Haven't felt a desire to go back however sentimental I am about the place and the other gigs that I went there for.

Marley Park is a lovely place for a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Any idea who will be supporting? I actually thought the support for the Foo's was excellent.

Money is a bit tight at the minute so I can't afford to get tickets now. Hoping there will be plenty available come March after my exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

If any of the above are looking to sell their golden circle tickets I'd take 2

If any of the above are looking to sell their golden circle tickets I'd take 2

If I can get my hands on the castle seating ones in the morning you can have my pair at face value.

The gold circle might not be as intimate as its made out too be and could be a huge area

The GA tickets could be quite far away

GC will sell out and GA tickets will be plentiful id say

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

gooner99 wrote: »
    Thinking of doing the same myself. I got 3 gold circle, but my wife is not a big fan. Think I will try for 2 VIP and try and sell the other 3 gold circle. Anyone know if I will have trouble buying more tickets using the same ticketmaster.ie account?

Also I opted to have my tickets posted. Guess on Toutless.com I'd have to have the tickets before listing them?

The back of the Golden Circle is always a great spot. Plenty of room there.

• Advertisement

lambayire wrote: »
    The back of the Golden Circle is always a great spot. Plenty of room there.

Yeah if I don't get the VIP tickets, then I'll be more than happy with the Gold Circle. I'd probably look out of place in the VIP section in any case!!

Advertisement