Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I just got 2 GA on the app after it was searching for 14 mins.

Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

9.14am and I'm still sitting tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

thegills wrote: »
    9.14am and I'm still sitting tight!

sit tight you will get them

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Just got as of now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Just got two GA. It was searching for 15 minutes. Don't give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Just got two GA. It was searching for 15 minutes. Don't give up.

yeah same here.
    "what we got here is...failure to sit tight" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Was a big fan of these back in the day but i made a call some years ago i would never pay circa 100 euro to see a gig. If i didnt break that promise for Springsteen i won't be for Gun's and Rose's. It's a pure rip off. Well done to those that got the tickets and enjoy the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Yeah there's still GA tickets popping up. Just had some there 9.21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I got my ticket at 9am, ticker confirmation emailed to me at 9:03. the site is a lot slower now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Oodoov wrote: »
    Was a big fan of these back in the day but i made a call some years ago i would never pay circa 100 euro to see a gig. If i didnt break that promise for Springsteen i won't be for Gun's and Rose's. It's a pure rip off. Well done to those that got the tickets and enjoy the gig.

You might want to increase that limit slightly each year if you ever want to see a gig again. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sitting tight since 9am :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I just got 2 at 9.26am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

whoever suggested the app fair play. was stuck on searching since 9 on laptop. download app. got them within 2 mins :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

just got 2 there,after 25 mins. sit tight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Got 2 GA eventually but it's confusing. Logged on through my Ticketmaster account on Chrome at 9am and am still sitting tight! Logged on through Internet Explorer but not through my ticketmaster account and got tickets after 5 minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Was searching via 2 different internet connections. Both came good with 2 tickets just after 20 past 9.

Oodoov wrote: »

I missed so many overpriced gigs over the years for exactly that reason, only to be bombarded with pictures of all of my friends and brothers having the craic, while I was sat in a pub drinking the extra 50 quid that I refused to give to the promoter.

I know exactly where you're coming from but everything is so expensive these days. I went to the cinema to see Sully last night with the missus and it cost me 55 including a taxi home. 100 quid to head along to Slane with my big brother to see his favourite band ever sounds like money well spent in comparison. But again, I know exactly how you feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Were the pre sale tickets for gold circle for section a or b or both? Didn't realise there was two golden circle sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

DDezwH3.png

Ticketmaster really like to rub it in :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Breener122

Was nice seeing a queue at 8am for this. The boys are back :D ticket sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

GA still available. I just clicked in and was offered 2 straight away.

Breener122 wrote: »
    Was nice seeing a queue at 8am for this. The boys are back :D ticket sorted

I went to see AC/DC last year with my brother and his mates. Some of the stories they were telling about getting tickets back in the day were crazy.

Years ago one of the lads worked in a music/ticket shop in Cork and he could guarantee five Metallica tickets, but he could only keep them until 9:20am on the day of release.

The guy in Cork had no money to buy them for the lads, and none of the lads trusted each other to come home with all five tickets. So five of the scruffiest looking fcukers imaginable travelled from the Midlands, all jammed into an Opel Cadet, leaving at 5:30am just to be sure. Every last penny spent on tickets. Ham sandwiches and bottles of Spring orange in the boot of the car.

For the love of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Gold Circle tickets still popping up as an option for me here (logged back in to see if I could get tickets for a mate)

EDIT: General Admission also still available

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Had 2 GA reserved by 9:01

Things have calmed down. GA still available and straight through in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Can get GA tickets straight away now. Not a sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I missed so many overpriced gigs over the years for exactly that reason, only to be bombarded with pictures of all of my friends and brothers having the craic, while I was sat in a pub drinking the extra 50 quid that I refused to give to the promoter.

I know exactly where you're coming from but everything is so expensive these days. I went to the cinema to see Sully last night with the missus and it cost me 55 including a taxi home. 100 quid to head along to Slane with my big brother to see his favourite band ever sounds like money well spent in comparison. But again, I know exactly how you feel.

Ah it's a matter of principle thing for me more than anything. I'll be honest even if i was flush for cash i don't think i'd go. Think it sets a precedent and i won't buy into that. Having said that i wouldnt begrudge anyone going and having a great time. Hope you and the bro enjoy it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

GA and Golden Circle B still showing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Can get GA tickets straight away now. Not a sell out.

Might be nice to have a bit of space to move around more comfortably. They'll be all gone come gig time though I'd say.

Advertisement