Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

What's the normal story with tickets for the buses from/to Dublin? Where/when can you normally buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

I selected print your own tickets option rather than getting them posted out. Is it possible to change this option with Ticketmaster if I contact them next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

brianomc wrote: »
    What's the normal story with tickets for the buses from/to Dublin? Where/when can you normally buy them?

You can buy them off ticketmaster and at the Dublin Bus office on O'Connell St. usually. They don't usually go on sale until a few months before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

To the people saying they won't spend over a 100. One ticket comes in UNDER a 100? Get buying and go and enjoy yourself!!!

Got mine the other day in the pre-sale. A dream come true to see GN'R reunited in Slane. Never in my life did I think this would happen.

EDIT: Just seen the scalpers have the tickets up on other sites for double the price already! SCUM! Why can't they sell tickets by ID? People make a living full time from scalping tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

funnyname wrote: »
    I selected print your own tickets option rather than getting them posted out. Is it possible to change this option with Ticketmaster if I contact them next week?

Was wondering that myself. I went for the emailed ones to be sure I got them in my hand. But now thinking I would like to have some sort of memorabilia as I have the stubs from the previous 4 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Can't get a ticket for the wheelchair platform :-(. Does anyone know if I'd have much trouble getting into this area using a General Admission ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

gooner99 wrote: »
    Was wondering that myself. I went for the emailed ones to be sure I got them in my hand. But now thinking I would like to have some sort of memorabilia as I have the stubs from the previous 4 times.

I always get the ticket posted out to me as I have an envelope full of every gig ticket I've been too that I've enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Always get hard copies

If something happens and you can't go, it's harder to sell the printed ones because touts just print loads of copies and sell them all. First one there gets in and everyone else is left standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Always get hard copies

If something happens and you can't go, it's harder to sell the printed ones because touts just print loads of copies and sell them all. First one there gets in and everyone else is left standing.

Too late to get hard copies now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Too late to get hard copies now then?

Ring ticketmaster and they'll post you out hard copies. Have done it myself before to sell tickets on and there's no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

GA tickets haven't sold out. Tried there a few minutes ago and I got straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Pink11 wrote: »

EDIT: Just seen the scalpers have the tickets up on other sites for double the price already! SCUM! Why can't they sell tickets by ID? People make a living full time from scalping tickets!

Still GA and Gold Circle available, hopefully touts will have a hard time selling these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Ring ticketmaster and they'll post you out hard copies. Have done it myself before to sell tickets on and there's no problem

I rang there myself, he said they cant send out hard copies if the tickets were downloaded already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Still GA and Gold Circle available, hopefully touts will have a hard time selling these.

The touts wont be making much if anything on the gig as it hasn't sold out.
    I suspect the venue has put alot of people off going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So not a sell out then? Didn't think it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,505 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

MadYaker wrote:
    So not a sell out then? Didn't think it would.

Wouldn't be surprised if you can get tickets on the day either from ticketmaster or elsewhere. No need for people to be panicking. I 'll probably decide that week if I'm bothered going. Enjoy the gig folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

What does Slane hold?

Doesn't look like this will sell-out today anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Don't know could I be bothered with going to Slane again.. But it is Guns n Roses, so might be just about worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What does Slane hold?

Doesn't look like this will sell-out today anyway.

Around 80k I think. I might pick up a ticket in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Interesting to see what the number sold is at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It probably will sell out or be close to a sell out by the time May comes around. I know there are some bands who can flog 80k tickets in an hour or so but they're rare enough

I doubt MCD expected a quick sell out anyway based on the amount of advertising they're doing on this. They've even used the street lights around St Stephens green to hang banners advertising it which I've never seen used for gigs before.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Got 2 GA tickets after a 35 mins this morning, I see there are still tickets there.

Still glad I got in there early, wouldn't have wanted to miss the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

As an update tried for 4 gold circle said none available, tried for 2 and they were there, must be close to gone now, doubt GA will sell out anytime soon so I can afford to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

287 left on seatwave - hope they are stuck with them

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The pro 12 final is on the same night in Dublin so hotel prices will be even higher for the 27th May

London night 1 for me (Aerosmith the Wednesday before)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Hot press have an article up about guns n roses fans vs touts which says only 330 tickets left at time of writing...doesn't say whether that's overall or gold circle...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

They must mean on resale surely, wouldn't expect this to sell out before they add supports, either way if you were to show up to slane you'd have your pick of tickets off genuine people, remember trying to sell my extra Foos ticket as a mate couldn't attend, my God the stress of it, ended up handing it to a very grateful young man, best feeling ever. Don't support the touts, but through TM or wait for Donedeal next May...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wjm1974

Managed to get Golden Circle B tickets but apart from the location is there a difference between the A+B and most importantly are there bar and toilet facilities down there or do u have to fight with the rest of the crowd for these?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wjm1974 wrote: »
    Managed to get Golden Circle B tickets but apart from the location is there a difference between the A+B and most importantly are there bar and toilet facilities down there or do u have to fight with the rest of the crowd for these?

Id say there will be a walk way or something so A and B are the 2 sides of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 wjm1974

Do you know if you get early entry with these or again is it a fight?

Advertisement