Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closing a landline account

Options
  • 30-08-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi,
    You've been very helpful in the past when I was trying to resolve faulty line issues for my father from a distance. Now that he has moved into residential care and will not be returning to the house, how do I go about closing the account. If I can obtain a phone bill with his account details, can I provide  the required written notice, as he's probably not capable of doing this himself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

cscook wrote: »
    Hi,
    You've been very helpful in the past when I was trying to resolve faulty line issues for my father from a distance. Now that he has moved into residential care and will not be returning to the house, how do I go about closing the account. If I can obtain a phone bill with his account details, can I provide  the required written notice, as he's probably not capable of doing this himself.
    Hi cscook,

Thank you for getting in touch with us :) I am very sorry to hear this :(

Unfortunately, if you wish to cancel the account you would need to contact our cancellations team directly on 1901 (option 4) and the guys will assist you with this.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Thank you Ciara, I have done that. I asked for confirmation by email to my address, since my dad's email (obviously the one they had down as a contact) has been dormant for several months now. So far I haven't got any confirmation, and I would like to know for sure that it has been done. It was an absolutely terrible line, I don't think either of us could hear each other properly, and while I am 100% sure that she said it had been cancelled, she may not have written down my email correctly, as she didn't read it back for confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thank you Ciara, I have done that. I asked for confirmation by email to my address, since my dad's email (obviously the one they had down as a contact) has been dormant for several months now. So far I haven't got any confirmation, and I would like to know for sure that it has been done. It was an absolutely terrible line, I don't think either of us could hear each other properly, and while I am 100% sure that she said it had been cancelled, she may not have written down my email correctly, as she didn't read it back for confirmation.
    I'm sory to hear of this experience  cscook, Can you PM me the account number and I will check this.

-Pamela 

And further to this, I am assuming that the email I got this morning, which was NOT sent to the email address I gave to the eir rep I was speaking to on the phone, and which says that some of my billing details have expired and my account is due for disconnection unless I update them is a phishing scam and purely coincidental that it arrived just when I was expecting an email from eir. It's not relating to my own account as we haven't been with eir for a few years now.

And further to this, I am assuming that the email I got this morning, which was NOT sent to the email address I gave to the eir rep I was speaking to on the phone, and which says  that some of my billing details have expired and my account is due for disconnection unless I update them is a phishing scam and purely coincidental that it arrived just when I was expecting an email from eir. It's not relating to my own account as we haven't been with eir for a few years now.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes this does sound like a phishing email[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cscook,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir would never request customers to verify their details via this method. At the minute are aware of a series of unsolicited emails being received by members of the public where the email appears to come from eir. You can read more on this here http://support.eir.ie/article/phishingalert [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela, I sent a PM with account details on 7th, still hoping to receive confirmation that the account has been cancelled as I still haven't received any email yet...other than the phishing scam.
    Thanks.

Hi Pamela, I sent a PM with account details on 7th, still hoping to receive confirmation that the account has been cancelled as I still haven't received any email yet...other than the  phishing scam.
    Thanks.
    No problem  cscook, I have sent you a PM.

-Pamela 

Advertisement