Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minature Jack Russell breeder - Castletown, Wexford

• 30-08-2016 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just a random question - We got our minature Jack Russell from an oldish man in Castletown, Wexford, 6 years ago - close to the Golden Anchor pub.

I know he used to breed quite a few JRT's and the dog we got from him has been a really great part of the family... we have often thought of getting another JRT and would love to find out if he is still around or breeding dogs.

We are hoping someone here might know of him or maybe have got a dog from the same place and could tell us if he was still about... we did have a look recently to see if we could find the house but as it was 6 years ago its hard to remember exactly where it was!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

Paddy GT wrote: »
    Just a random question - We got our minature Jack Russell from an oldish man in Castletown, Wexford, 6 years ago - close to the Golden Anchor pub.

I know he used to breed quite a few JRT's and the dog we got from him has been a really great part of the family... we have often thought of getting another JRT and would love to find out if he is still around or breeding dogs.

We are hoping someone here might know of him or maybe have got a dog from the same place and could tell us if he was still about... we did have a look recently to see if we could find the house but as it was 6 years ago its hard to remember exactly where it was!

why buy from a breeder when there are kazillions of JRT's killed in the pounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paddy GT

why buy from a breeder when there are kazillions of JRT's killed in the pounds?

I would always agree & the other dogs we have are rescue dogs .. but we always said we would love to get another dog from the same family tree as our JRT so for that reason would love to track this man down if he is still around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

Paddy GT wrote: »
    I would always agree & the other dogs we have are rescue dogs .. but we always said we would love to get another dog from the same family tree as our JRT so for that reason would love to track this man down if he is still around.

I appreciate and understand the sentiment. As far as I can see however he is not listed with the Kennelclub which makes him a BYB...and shouldn't be supported. But at the end it is your own call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Jack Russells are one of the more recently recognised breeds. The op says he was very happy with his dog so the breeder must have done a good job.

However like many other breeds Jack Russells have one standard size.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paddy GT

I don't want this to go off topic with the ethical side of things...

For the record our previous JRT (who was a rescue dog) was sadly knocked down ... when the time was right to look for another dog we couldn't find a JRT in any of the usual rescue places & any we did find seemed to be almost instantly re-homed ... so we started thinking about a puppy - which was not our original plan...

We saw an advert on donedeal and the man seemed very friendly and genuine and we called down - the mother and father were both pets and well cared for and it was obviously very far removed from a puppy farm... we instantly fell for "Lucy" and haven't looked back since!

We would love to get another pup from her family tree so were hoping to find out if this man is still around, he was old at the time so we are not sure if he still has dogs or is even alive for that matter but would love to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

If you know the pub, why not call in and ask, either the pub owners or one of the regulars will probably know who it was and if he's still about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

JRTs must be one of the most overbred dogs in the country, countless rescues have them. There's a litter of pups in my local rescue at the moment. It's a breed I just couldn't, in all good conscience go to a breeder for, no matter how good a previous dog was when there's so many in rescues and pounds. Besides, you'll never get the same. Similar perhaps but never the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks, the OP has made it clear what he's looking for, and that he's not looking for any other JRTs from other sources.
    Can everyone stay on topic now please?
    Thanks
    DBB

Advertisement