Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Tallaght Registration/SUSI

Options
  • 30-08-2016 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

I accepted my offer on August 27, and I am yet to receive any update from SUSI. I understand registration for freshers starts on September 01. I am still waiting to hear from IT Tallaght as to my fee assessment, and no news from SUSI. Please what do I do? Can I register without paying fees? If it's not possible, will I be allowed to attend classes without doing my registration? Please advise.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CarlG

Hi, which course are you going into? I haven't heard anything yet about registration

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Elai147

CarlG wrote: »
    Hi, which course are you going into? I haven't heard anything yet about registration

TA221 (Electronic Engineering) mature entry. According to their website, all lectures will start on Sept 15 and the lady in charge of my fee assessement says I will get a response in the coming weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CarlG

Elai147 wrote: »
    CarlG wrote: »

TA221 (Electronic Engineering) mature entry. According to their website, all lectures will start on Sept 15 and the lady in charge of my fee assessement says I will get a response in the coming weeks...

Ah cool, yeah I think we will get letters this week with details

• Registered Users Posts: 3 keithcooper1

First of all calm down, if you were offered a place and you accepted, you are in. I too am waiting on SUSI. I am 4th year, i was an add-on last year for the Degree, that is i did not start from 1st year, i did college years ago and came back for the degree last year. You can register and attend classes without paying full student contribution, but you wont get Midterm Exam results or Christmas Exam Results until you pay. The thing is if you dont register you can still attend classes but you wont have access to ITT resources such as Moodle (Very Important). SUSI will inform you before the end of September whether you have qualified for the Grant, go to the Registrars office and inform them that you are waiting on SUSI like hundreds of other students will be doing. The College is open so it would do you no harm to walk in and chat to somebody about it. The Registrars Office is on the second floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Elai147

Thanks Keithcooper1. I will go to the registrar's office and do as advised. Meanwhile I have received correspondence from SUSI requesting documentation which I have sent them. Grant process now at stage 3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement