Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a house build Tender review service exist ?

Options
  • 30-08-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

My Architect has done up a tender and contract for our house renovation.

My question is: as this is not my area should we get the tender and contract reviewed before we progress - I just want a 2nd opinion etc ? Does this service exist and how much would it cost ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Hi there,

My Architect has done up a tender and contract for our house renovation.

My question is: as this is not my area should we get the tender and contract reviewed before we progress - I just want a 2nd opinion etc ? Does this service exist and how much would it cost ?

Thanks

Seems mad that you would employ a professional and then question that professional?

Any Quantity Surveying Practice can do what you ask. Would only take a couple of hours so would probably end up costing you €400 or so.

Again seems like a waste, its not like you got Joe Bloggs next door to do it for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Op what is the project?

Edit: what value and what contingency is allowed for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 montpelier123

Hi,

project 360k with a 10% contingency

Get a Qs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

BryanF wrote: »
    Get a Qs

100% agree with this. The project is big enough to warrant it. Trust me OP any money you spend on the QS will be made back!

Has the architect done up a BOQ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 montpelier123

The architect got a qs initially to price etc. Does the qs review the builder quotes when they submit ? is this normal practice ?

The architect did not do up a BOQ - is he supposed to ?

Is there any under the counter payment from the builder who gets the job to the architect ?

Thanks.

Yes
    Yes
    No
    No

Advertisement