Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Cancel Contract Problem

Options
  • 30-08-2016 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi, i have a monitored alarm with eircom phonewatch that was installed 6 years ago. At the time we signed a one year cotract with them. At the minute i don't want to be forking out €36 every month so i rang to cancel. They told me og you've just entered a new contract and that continued payment is renewing the contract. I'm tempted to just cancel direct debit. Anyone have any similar experiences with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

So what they are saying in other words so is to stop paying and the contract stops.

€36 a month is incredible, i have no idea how or why people pay this kind of money.
    There are dozens of other monitoring centres up and down this island that charge under €200 and less per annum.

Hopefully as your system is 6 years old that you are not tied to them as the systems they have been installing since Sector took them over are closed protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

well what they're saying is it's a continuing 1 year rolling contract and by continuing to pay you agree to the contract. I have no need for any monitoring so that's why i'm looking to cancel it altogether but they said i can't now until June 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

In here we are more technical than legal, might be worth your while putting up a post in the legal thread.

Here is a link to that forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

cheers have done that :-)

Advertisement