Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping & breathing problems

• 30-08-2016 4:46pm

I've been vaping for 3 years now. ..the first 2.5 years I've had no problems with vaping but within the last 6 months I've been getting pains in my chest/ lungs and my breathing feels dry if that makes sense. I was using the tobacco flavour from the Mild brand then changed 2 months to Liqua traditional tobacco to see if this would make a difference but it hadn't. Other than breathing issues I'm healthy, I have run 2 half marathons last year, go to gym classes twice a week plus I run twice a week.When I went into my local ecig shop the only advice I got was 'maybe it's time to give up vaping!!' Is there any other brand of ecig vapour I could try..2 of my female friends vape and they never had any problems!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I'm vaping three years with no issues. I think best advice would be a trip to see your GP to rule out any other problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

I've been vaping for 3 years now. ..the first 2.5 years I've had no problems with vaping but within the last 6 months I've been getting pains in my chest/ lungs and my breathing feels dry if that makes sense. I was using the tobacco flavour from the Mild brand then changed 2 months to Liqua traditional tobacco to see if this would make a difference but it hadn't. Other than breathing issues I'm healthy, I have run 2 half marathons last year, go to gym classes twice a week plus I run twice a week.When I went into my local ecig shop the only advice I got was 'maybe it's time to give up vaping!!' Is there any other brand of ecig vapour I could try..2 of my female friends vape and they never had any problems!

Definitely get checked by a GP first as said above, people can have a reaction to the VG or PG in ejuice which can manifest itself in various ways, sinus problems, dry skin, irritation around mouth and tongue.
    Have you changed anything about your vaping lately??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

Yes, get to a GP first.

Liqua is a high PG liquid (70%). Maybe try a high VG liquid.

jno547 wrote: »
    Definitely get checked by a GP first as said above, people can have a reaction to the VG or PG in ejuice which can manifest itself in various ways, sinus problems, dry skin, irritation around mouth and tongue.
    Have you changed anything about your vaping lately??

No I haven't changed anything but I was doing exams last May and have a habit of vaping away without realising it..Won't get a gp visit till next week so am going to ease off the vaping for now.

No I haven't changed anything but I was doing exams last May and have a habit of vaping away without realising it..Won't get a gp visit till next week so am going to ease off the vaping for now.

Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on.

I will indeed !! ðŸ‘

Btw, your not the first to post here with a similar problem, I think the last person visited their gp and discovered an infection that hadn't cleared up properly so I wouldn't stress yourself too much about it as it may have nothing whatsoever to do with vaping.

I will indeed !! ðŸ‘

Just an update! I stopped vaping for 2 days and lo and behold my symptoms went away..no problems with breathing or any 'soreness '..although I was like a demon cos I missed it so much.I also paid a visit to gp who found nothing wrong but hes not in favour of vaping.I then went back vaping and the symptoms returned so I suspect it either the liquid or the way I vape.Anyway I'm going to try and give up altogether.I've signed up for my next half marathon so that's my incentive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

If you had zero issues the first 2.5yrs of vaping, I'm doubting that's the cause, unless you suddenly switched set up dramatically and started mostly vaping a specific high PG juice or something?

Doctors .... aye ... 2 I've been to are delighted I now vape instead of smoke, one is on the fence, they know as little about it as the general public tbh. Ask your doc next time would he rather you went back smoking?

I'd try high VG juices only, and drop my nic levels, and try not to chain vape - only vape when relaxed, at home, not when out and about. See how that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

If I go lowish VG with high Nicotine I get similar symptoms. The last time it happened was when I was using 6mg subohming only 25% pg, tho. I went to lower Nic and the symptoms went away. I got some breathless issues not unlike when I smoked cigs. I'm not a monster vaper, or drip user, but I make enough clouds to where 6-12mg nic is too much for me physically after two years of vaping(and I used to smoke unfiltered lucky strikes). I use an NeBox and Cupti and usually drive it at 60watts/500-600F*(I'm American and use an AGA to cook, so Celsius doesn't mean much to me) in TC or 40-50watts in power mode and love to fill my lungs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement