Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new paternity leave, why is there no circular?

Options
  • 30-08-2016 4:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭

One of the lads on staff has a baby due in Oct. The ok circular gave the whole 4weeks notice followed prior to taking the 3 days followed by 6weeks to produce a birth cert ( Can't imagine a private sector employee asked to produce proof that the child was theirs). Where is the circular for the new arrangements? Also unlike before, you must have a psc card to access this two weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Moody_mona wrote: »

Thanks . Am I reading 3.2 right in that you must produce a birthcert 7 days after birth (assuming you start leave dob)? Surely it takes weeks for a birth cert to be issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You usually register the birth a day or two after birth. Otherwise allowance won't come through

TheDriver wrote: »
    You usually register the birth a day or two after birth. Otherwise allowance won't come through

When I did it last year registration was done in the hospital and I was told it takes a min of 4weeks before births/deaths marriages will be able to issue cert. Has it changed since then?I thought the registration always took place in hospital?

Anytime I did it, both in hospital and at a registration office, I got the cert straight away once I paid the fee

• Advertisement

Anytime I did it, both in hospital and at a registration office, I got the cert straight away once I paid the fee

Didn't know hospitals would issue a birth cert, good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Didn't know hospitals would issue a birth cert, good to know.

Ya that's a new one on me, we were told the hospital furnishes the details across to the marriages,births,deaths and then you have to traipse down to collect the cert. It took longer than a week too!

Cumh printed it out there and then in their mini office that you make the appointment at.

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Ya that's a new one on me, we were told the hospital furnishes the details across to the marriages,births,deaths and then you have to traipse down to collect the cert. It took longer than a week too!

I've never managed to get a birth cert in less than 4weeks. And I'm thinking of a crazy scenario where a child is born on a wed morn,Thurs and Friday you are working long days and office closes early its Xmas the following Monday, Meaning you cant get to office before 7day deadline??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Gebgbegb wrote: »

Maybe it varies by area e.g. Letterkenny furnish the details and you make an appointment with Births, Deaths and Marriages and it takes longer than a week.

• Advertisement

Cumh printed it out there and then in their mini office that you make the appointment at.

If you have to make an appointment then it cant be a " walk-in just minutes after she popped it out" type of deal?

There's loads of appointment times and never heard of people not getting an appt, its more to prevent people waiting unnecessarily when they can be spending it with their baby

Advertisement