Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"What series are you on?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

anyone started watching Startup yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StartUp_(TV_series)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Narcos series 2. It seems a lot better than series 1 , but the acting is still pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I've been enjoying Another Period
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3593432/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

I was led there by following Christina Hendricks, who is also in Hap and Leonard (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3729898/), which I recently finished

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I've been enjoying Another Period
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3593432/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

I was led there by following Christina Hendricks, who is also in Hap and Leonard (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3729898/), which I recently finished

Same here. Finished Hap and Leonard and Childrens Hospital at the same time and then found that.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Watching the Sopranos for the first time and loving it (on season 5), also watching suits don't really care for the new season, same with Ray Donovan (how much sh1t can he go through). Watched the first episode of "The night of" last night and meh bit too far fetched but not in a silly tv kinda way.

Finished season 2 of Narcos, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Stranger Things episode a half

Utter snooze fest bringing the X Files together with The Goonies .

Berlin Station looks promising having watched the first episode
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5191110/?ref_=rvi_tt

and The Blacklist S04 has started. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm way behind on TV shows.

Watching one now and a guy that was killed in the last season is taking a shower in the opening episode of the next.

Maybe is a dream sequence. Will post back later.

I wonder how many people born after 1980 got this post!!:) I remember when that scene really was THE watercooler TV show topic before Ireland probably had watercoolers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Currently watching Jessica Jones. Have Luke Cage down on my list on Netflix,as my next series I'm going too be binging on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

topper75 wrote: »
    If you can't tell your wonderful story inside 90 minutes, I don't want to know. You are most likely a padding merchant.

Forgetting the tv series for a moment, the number of good movies that fail to keep it inside 90 minutes is pretty substantial.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Finished The Get Down, solid show but probably more for New Yorkers or music fans.

Also watching Cuckoo which is a nice show with some laughs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just started Narcos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Finished The Get Down, solid show but probably more for New Yorkers or music fans.

Also watching Cuckoo which is a nice show with some laughs.

Well impressed with the mod's knowledge of tv series! Good taste :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Vampire Diaries, just awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Am currently on second series of The Blacklist. James Spader is brilliant, I love his voice.
    Looking forward to The Walking Dead which is back soon. I'm downloading new episodes from series 3 of Z Nation here now. The first two were very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Doc Martin, series 5.

Angie Tribeca, series 2.

Enjoying Startup, would highly recommend.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028002/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    featuring Martin Freeman and Edi Gathegi (he's in The Blacklist)
    you'll find it, ahem, online.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Maron - It's on Netflix, if you like Louis you'll dig this.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

Downtown abbey this is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Recently watched:
    Narcos series 2 good
    Luke Cage series 1 - very meh
    Power series 1, 2 and 3 - good show
    Stranger things series 1 - great show
    Spotless series 1 - very good show
    Gotham series 2 - ok

Looking forward to starting designated survivor next

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Scream. Just finished series 1 and 2. There's a two hour long series 2 finale on tonight. It's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I don't see rectify mentioned that often on boards. It can be slow, but it's terrifically acted, written & directed & I'd definitely recommend it.

Started watching The Exorcist & Westworld series over the past month. The former is plodding & mediocre, but the latter's a great watch, with Ed Harris all kinds of badass & Anthony Hopkins reining in his more hammish instincts to deliver a nice performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I don't see rectify mentioned that often on boards. It can be slow, but it's terrifically acted, written & directed & I'd definitely recommend it.

Odd show, at first i thought i hated it because the pacing is glacial, the second season is too long with half the episodes being mostly filler and the show is very arty but i kept watching and it may well be one of my favorite TV shows ever now.

It quite unlike anything i've seen before or since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just getting into BBC 3's Ideal at the moment, I have the complete 7 seasons and slowly working my way through season 3 at the moment. A brilliant series about a small time drugs dealer in Salford, Manchester and his crazy friends, family and clients it was broadcast between 2005 and 2011, check it out if you can.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Westworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

"People Just Do Nothing" BBC3 mockumentary series about a bunch of young chav goons running a Drum & Bass/Garage pirate radio station in Brentford. Very 'Officey' but very very funny, especially for anyone familiar of that modern UK pirate radio scene. First season also on Netflix I think.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

Just blown back in here from watching the first of " The Night Of ". As soon as I saw it was HBO, I figured it'd most likely be good :)

Chat room's a bit quiet. Think I'll slide another episode of this in :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

beertons wrote: »
    Just started Narcos.

Ignore the ham fisted acting and you are in for a right treat.

Stigura wrote: »
    Just blown back in here from watching the first of " The Night Of ". As soon as I saw it was HBO, I figured it'd most likely be good :)

O M F G!!! I watched Four episodes. Finished it today. Bloody brilliant!

This is one, I think, will leave ye chewing over it for a long time to come.

If I had friends, I'd discuss it with them.

O M F G!!! I watched Four episodes. Finished it today. Bloody brilliant!

This is one, I think, will leave ye chewing over it for a long time to come.

If I had friends, I'd discuss it with them.

You can talk to me about it :) I'm going to start it before my box set subscription runs out. Have the whole lot downloaded ready to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I just totally binge watched House of Cards. I though the series had ended before I started to watch and then all of a sudden I reach an episode only to find there are no more episodes. Looked it up online only to find no new series till 2017. I had to go back and start watching it from the beginning again as I couldn't cope with the sudden unexpected withdrawal symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

El Marginal! Exceptional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Finished up Bates Motel last night. Next season is out sometime in 2017. It's slow moving at times but you really get to see Norman Bates getting more and more insane.

Up to date on Westworld. What a show.

Watching Designated Survivor also. I loved the first 2episodes but then I decided the writing is a bit cheesy.

Considering starting The West Wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Just binge watched the first season of The Americans, very good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Finished narcos season 2 recently. Superb. Probably better than breaking bad. Just finished the bridge season 1. It's Scandinavian. Shot in low colour saturation where everything is either grey, cream or army green but it's an epic story. Welded to the seat in sweats I was for the last few episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

The Danish/Swedish The Bridge (Bron - Broen) is great indeed.
    Forget about the American remake. As usual with remakes, it is annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

aussie drama series The Code

its on tonight BBC 4

Westworld.

Watched the first episode of that, tonight.

Now, I'm absolutely sick with lust for the girl who plays Theresa Cullen! :p

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n201/ptpc/Sidse%20Babett%20Knudsen_zpsn04507x2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Then you should watch Borgen, the Danish political drama she starred in.

Watch it anyway, it's a great series.

• Advertisement

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n201/ptpc/Sidse%20Babett%20Knudsen_zpsn04507x2.jpg

It's a great show. I have a girl crush on Dolores.

Maudgonner; Subtitles, I take it? Perfect! Thanks!

I actually decided to put Westworld to one side, because I simply wasn't getting 1/3 of the dialogue. I'm picking up my new hearing aids, middle of next month. I can get back to it then.

Meanwhile, yeah; I like a bit of Scandinavian stuff. I'll put Borgen on my list :)

I recently watched " The Keeper of Lost Causes ". That was great. But, the second one isn't available with subtitles. Found the third one. But, something so radical has obviously happened, in 2 ~ as evidenced in the opening moments of 3 ~ that I didn't feel they could possibly be watched as stand alone's :( Had to leave it there. Gutted.

Enjoying Bloodline
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3520702/?ref_=nv_sr_6
    Also came across Ja'mie: Private School Girl
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3173854/?ref_=rvi_tt
    quite amusing. Character reminds me of Frank Zappa's "Valley Girl".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maudgonner; Subtitles, I take it? Perfect! Thanks!

I actually decided to put Westworld to one side, because I simply wasn't getting 1/3 of the dialogue. I'm picking up my new hearing aids, middle of next month. I can get back to it then.

Meanwhile, yeah; I like a bit of Scandinavian stuff. I'll put Borgen on my list :)

I recently watched " The Keeper of Lost Causes ". That was great. But, the second one isn't available with subtitles. Found the third one. But, something so radical has obviously happened, in 2 ~ as evidenced in the opening moments of 3 ~ that I didn't feel they could possibly be watched as stand alone's :( Had to leave it there. Gutted.
    If you're watching on a PC or tablet you should try smplayer or bsplayer. Both programs have s built in subtitle downloader that will automatically find and display subs in your preferred language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Started watching Mad Men recently, a series I've been meaning to get in to for a while now. Excellent stuff.

• Advertisement

Mad Men? Don Draper ..... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

learn_more wrote: »
    I just totally binge watched House of Cards. I though the series had ended before I started to watch and then all of a sudden I reach an episode only to find there are no more episodes. Looked it up online only to find no new series till 2017. I had to go back and start watching it from the beginning again as I couldn't cope with the sudden unexpected withdrawal symptoms.

I'd suggest watching the original House of Cards, the BBC production. To play the King is the second series.

Ian Richardson was brilliant in it. I still use the "you might very well think that l, I couldn't possibly comment" line the odd time.

Cracker was another excellent series well worth a watch, looks a bit dated now but the scripts stand the test of time.

Good to see Mad Men getting a recent mention, it'll never age because of the timelines and BBC quality attention to detail in period scenes.

And The Wire. You've 5 or 6 main characters and another 4 or 5 supporting ones, and then every so often, during day to day life, you remember another 7 or 8 "minor" characters, and you just smile.

Mad Men and The Wire are epic novels brought to life.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Cracker was another excellent series well worth a watch, looks a bit dated now but the scripts stand the test of time.

Good to see Mad Men getting a recent mention, it'll never age because of the timelines and BBC quality attention to detail in period scenes.

" Cracker "? Boxed set on my shelf. Right next to " Sopranos " and " The Wire " ;)

I remember reading someone ~ who ever it was took care of such things ~ was So detail obsessive, in the making of Mad Men that; If they were portraying a real day, in history (Assassination of JFK, eg.) He wanted to know what the weather was like, in what ever location Don appears in when he hears the news.

Ye've gotta respect that sort of attention to detail. It's what makes sh1t Right.

There's one episode of " Taggart " .....Featured a minor detail I happened to know my sh1t on. 99% of the population wouldn't have had a clue. But, they got it 100% spot on. I was aghast! Never forgotten that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Mad Men? Don Draper ..... :cool:

Easily the coolest bloke I've watched on screen for a long time, must make whiskey my tipple of choice :cool::P

There's one episode of " Taggart " .....Featured a minor detail I happened to know my sh1t on. 99% of the population wouldn't have had a clue. But, they got it 100% spot on. I was aghast! Never forgotten that :)

Do tell...

• Advertisement
Advertisement