Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping newbie | Quitting Smoking

• 30-08-2016 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey so I've decided to bite the bullet and give vaping a go and try and get off the fags.

But I'm looking for an easy transition, I have been looking at a few pen kits and heard a few good things about http://ecigarettesworld.ie/ecigarettes/1285-volish-ego-4.html

Would that be a good starter? Also I want to get the closest juice to Amber leaf gold and see if I can stick with it, could any on recommend any?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Orderly_Queue

Honestly that's fairly expensive for what it actually is. A pen for €40 seems a bit pricey to me.

If you were looking for a good starting kit that is like that I would go for the Joyetech eGo AIO give it a quick google, I think EFag have it and a few other sites for around €25 . It's cheaper than what you posted so you could get a few extra coils as well.

Sorry I don't vape tobacco so I couldn't help you with the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Orderly_Queue

Honestly that's fairly expensive for what it actually is. A pen for €40 seems a bit pricey to me.

If you were looking for a good starting kit that is like that I would go for the Joyetech eGo AIO 1500 Mah give it a quick google, I think EFag have it and a few other sites for around €25 . It's cheaper than what you posted so you could get a few extra coils as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

Congrats on your choice. Best of luck with it.

I'd agree with above - the Joyetech eGo AIO is a good option to start with, and then becomes a handy backup if you progress onto more sophisticated kit.

I used to smoke Drum and started with Liqua Cuban Cigar - a nice flavour. However, I made the choice a good while back to move away from tobacco flavours, so can't help there. The best thing is to go into a decent shop and try a few out to see what works. If it doesn't work out, try another.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭TwistedPixel88

If you were looking for a good starting kit that is like that I would go for the Joyetech eGo AIO 1500 Mah give it a quick google, I think EFag have it and a few other sites for around €25 . It's cheaper than what you posted so you could get a few extra coils as well.

Cool, thanks. I'll give that a go and hope it get's me off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭TwistedPixel88

j26m wrote: »
    Congrats on your choice. Best of luck with it.

I'd agree with above - the Joyetech eGo AIO is a good option to start with, and then becomes a handy backup if you progress onto more sophisticated kit.

I used to smoke Drum and started with Liqua Cuban Cigar - a nice flavour. However, I made the choice a good while back to move away from tobacco flavours, so can't help there. The best thing is to go into a decent shop and try a few out to see what works. If it doesn't work out, try another.

Thanks, had another look around and think Hangsen Golden Tree seems to be the closest. I hope to move off it too fairly soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 BernardChan

Yeah I would say try Liqua Cuban Cigar, it is really a decent tobacco substitute, though tastes not like Cuban cigars. And ohhh NO WAY to get a pen kit at €40, way too expensive! I got one eGo AIO at $15.79 from vaporsolo in US, So far so good, save the money to get some e juices, it'll cost you at every puff.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

+1 for the ego aio. Didn't get it myself but I know people who use them and it works well for them. It also gives the option between Mouth To Lung and Direct Lung hits depending on the coil you use.

I wanted something with a screen that told me how much battery I had left. That's because I'd previously tried cigalikes and couldn't stop smoking because I was constantly worried that the battery was going to die or that I was about to run out of juice. At least with the Aio you can see how much juice is left. I got another Joyetech product, the egrip vt originally which I picked up in a filling station. I've since got a egrip II which shares some of the same coils as the AIO

I also don't smoke tobacco flavours (why would I choose tobacco when I can have something nice being my reasoning), so I can't help you with that, but I would suggest if you go with the Aio to try nicotine in the range of 12 - 16mg starting out. With 18-24 you will get nic-sick pretty quickly. A 16mg juice should give a good throat hit Mouth To Lung, particularly if you don't go for a high VG juice. 12mg is pretty strong if you decide to Direct lung, but the airflow is quite restricted on the AIO. 12mg would kill me on the Egrip II which has much better airflow. I smoked Golden Virginia / Drum until about 7 weeks ago. I started with 16-18mg juice Direct Lung (with low airflow device). The 18 was too high and the 16 was a bit high too quite honestly. However it gave a kick that felt just like smoking so it was worth it for a week or so to help stop me smoking.

Good luck and stick with it. It's a life changer.

Advertisement