Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADAC breakdown

• 30-08-2016 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have an english contact number for them as i want ot take out a policy, I tried a few poste onloine but im only getting through to answering machines or recordings in german that i dont understand. Thsnks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Why do you need to take out a policy from ADAC?

Are you travelling to Europe with your car from Ireland? If so you need AA 5 Star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

crosstownk wrote: »

Are you travelling to Europe with your car from Ireland? If so you need AA 5 Star.

I've my breakdown for Ireland and Europe with the adac. Anyone in Europe can join. If my car breaks down in Ireland they send out the AA anyway.
    As for aa 5 star, why pay more when you can get the same service and more for less

OP ring them up and ask sprecken Z English bit eh
    They'll either speak to you in English or transfer you to someone who can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

It's over €100 for a week with the AA, it's a full year with the ADAC. It's SOOOOO much cheaper also.

ADAC Plus Cover is only €84. That gives full European Cover for the year, and also covers you here in also. Now, that's cheaper than the AA! THe AA is €99 per year for Irish cover

Cheers for the education on the ADAC. I didn't know it was available in Ireland.

However, clarity from the OP would be helpful. If the OP wants the policy to cover him/her in Ireland then that's fine - but if the OP is travelling with their car from Ireland to Germany then AA 5 star is what's needed. I doubt ADAC would provide for repatriation of the vehicle in the event of of an accident.

Maybe I misinterpreted the post but I assumed that the OP was looking for a travel type of cover - if so, my bad.

Cheers for the education on the ADAC. I didn't know it was available in Ireland.

However, clarity from the OP would be helpful. If the OP wants the policy to cover him/her in Ireland then that's fine - but if the OP is travelling with their car from Ireland to Germany then AA 5 star is what's needed. I doubt ADAC would provide for repatriation of the vehicle in the event of of an accident.

Maybe I misinterpreted the post but I assumed that the OP was looking for a travel type of cover - if so, my bad.

They will, provided it's financially viable to have that vehicle repatriated. If not, they pay the market value of the car. So if your 800 quid car blows up and it's going to cost 2 K to get it back to Ireland, they'll give you the 800 quid. If your 20K car blows up, they'll repatriate. They might still repatriate the 800 quid car, it just depends how cheap they can get it back. Lads over on pistonheads have gotten stuff back after its been to the nurburgring and blew up where the value isn't that high but they were waiting a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Yep they do repatriate vehicles. I know of people that have used it. If it's easier for them, they'll fly you home and send the vehicle back later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Out of curiosity - what would be a possible reason to have vehicle repartiated to Ireland.

I always used EU breakdown cover (on my Irish car) from Polish insurer, which never offered repatriation to Ireland.
    But it never crossed my mind - why would anyone want that?
    I can't think of any logical reason?

CiniO wrote: »
    Out of curiosity - what would be a possible reason to have vehicle repartiated to Ireland.

I always used EU breakdown cover (on my Irish car) from Polish insurer, which never offered repatriation to Ireland.

Sentimental reasons. If my gtv had killed itself on the ring I would have liked to have brought it back to have its heart rebuilt.
    Others might want to have a car brought back to Ireland if the value of the car is still significant even though it's not drivable for whatever reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

CiniO wrote: »

We had one at the end of last month. Customer had taken his Mondeo Powershift on Holiday to Switzerland and it decided to start jumping out of gear.

The local Ford dealer couldn't look at it for over 2 weeks, by which time my customer was due back at work. Thankfully he had taken out the AA 5* coverage, so the car was recovered somewhere, he was put in to a rental car that he eventually dropped at the port in France, foot passenger's on the boat back to Ireland and I'd arranged a car for him when he arrived back.

Rather than leaving the car in Switzerland for repair, it was transported back to Ireland. It was recovered in Switzerland on the 28th July, and finally made it to Ireland on the 26th August and is currently in his local Ford dealer for diagnosis.

Whole thing was a nightmare even with the AA assist, so I hate to think what it would have been like without that. Having to ring a foreign call centre would have made things even more difficult.

I've organised European Breakdown coverage for a few drivers who are frequently over and back from the UK via RoadRescue.ie (http://www.roadrescue.ie/european-breakdown-cover.asp) €82 for a years coverage for Europe (car up to 10 years old) with repatriation included. Haven't had to use it yet, and hopefully won't have to use it (cars won't go older than 4 years, but may end up around 260,000km at contract end), so don't know what the service is like, but the listed coverage seems to be on par with AA 5* cover and it's very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

yes im looking to take out

yes im lookinf for europena breakdown cover, if you have nothing productive to add to the thread then i suggest you stay out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I emailed them at service2@adac.de

It can be a bit awkward as they email back in German and then I replied in English but Google translate is great.

A bit of tooing and froing making sure I realised that I needed the adac plus and also recommending that I use a more local breakdown company but I eventually got joined - I have local cover anyway with insurance.

My reason was 15+ year old car and wanted European cover. AA etc wont cover. €88 was a bargain.

I emailed them at service2@adac.de

It can be a bit awkward as they email back in German and then I replied in English but Google translate is great.

A bit of tooing and froing making sure I realised that I needed the adac plus and also recommending that I use a more local breakdown company but I eventually got joined - I have local cover anyway with insurance.

My reason was 15+ year old car and wanted European cover. AA etc wont cover. €88 was a bargain.

You really are better off ringing up and asking the man who answers Sprecken English bit eh.

Notch000 wrote: »
    yes im looking to take out

yes im lookinf for europena breakdown cover, if you have nothing productive to add to the thread then i suggest you stay out of it

As you wish :rolleyes:

Advertisement