Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY Geography Field Study

Options
  • 30-08-2016 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I recently started a new school and have 2 TY Geography classes. I have to do two 6 week modules for the year and teach them both 5 times. It was requested that one of them be a field study module and preferably the urban geography option. I have only ever done the River study and am not too confident on an urban Geography fieldwork option. Perhaps one on changing land use... I really have no ideas and need some ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Also, a traffic management field study has already been done and they are looking for something new.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

annemo21 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently started a new school and have 2 TY Geography classes. I have to do two 6 week modules for the year and teach them both 5 times. It was requested that one of them be a field study module and preferably the urban geography option. I have only ever done the River study and am not too confident on an urban Geography fieldwork option. Perhaps one on changing land use... I really have no ideas and need some ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Also, a traffic management field study has already been done and they are looking for something new.

Thanks in advance :)

Urban planning is always a good one. With my TY's I get a plan of the town or do a bit of GIS and get them to redesign the plan according to theories they'll learn at leaving cert. Traffic management could be tied into this as well.

Settlement changes from pre historic up in the area and changes in land use.

Urban decay/sprawl/renewal photo studies etc

An inconvenient truth is always a good one too

Advertisement