Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windguru upgrade :(

• 30-08-2016 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen the new Windguru site???

My poor head, trying to figure it all out!!!

WHY do they keep changing these things? It doesn't seem to have any new information on it (apart from the wind details at Skerries sailing club, which I can't seem to get rid of - might be of use to Fergal, but is of feck all interest to me!) - just is about ten times harder to read it.

:mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Seems to be down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

b_mac2 wrote: »
    Seems to be down?
    Maybe they're midway through upgrading you?

I have it permanently open on my phone, when I clicked on it just now it was the new version, and at first didn't it recognise me as a subscriber - but eventually I managed to log in.

I am NOT impressed!!

ETA - I'm always grumpy when things that I'm really familiar with change - I presume, like everything else, I'll get used to it in time, but I liked it fine the way it was!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yeah, I only ever used the IOS app but seems to be not working now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    ETA - I'm always grumpy when things that I'm really familiar with change - I presume, like everything else, I'll get used to it in time, but I liked it fine the way it was!!!

LOL, me too, I hate when they break stuff that was working in the name of 'progress'.. yr.no is much better recently tho. :D

Steve wrote: »
    LOL, me too, I hate when they break stuff that was working in the name of 'progress'.. yr.no is much better recently tho. :D
    Really have to get into the habit of using that - I just never think of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

I have the forecast page for howth saved on my favourites so was very surprised when hayling island showed up on my page. Why did they bother changing it. Was fine yesterday and for the last few years

Interesting.....

Just clicked into it and got an error message.... when i went back i had to log in again, and it's back to the old format.

Hurray!!

(if it lasts!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Guys, you are getting old and lazy, look up a weather chart, for starters, the GSF model used by wind guru has a 50 km scale, so you are getting the wind for part of the Irish sea and not Skerries. Get a grib file app and use that.

Advertisement