Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set dancing classes

Options
  • 30-08-2016 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anyone have info on set dancing classes in the city? I've heard of a class in Lakeview and Claddagh Hall but can't get information anywhere re contacts, time, day etc. I know there's dancing in Monroes but don't think it's a class. Old posts don't have up to date details. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Awww I used to go to the Claddagh Hall Set-Dancing. Good times. Try asking at that Coffee-Shop/Youth-Club-y place with the Irish Name.... whaddyacall it..... They used to do 2/3 different types of Dance Classes 2/3 years ago anyway, not sure if they still are. This will absolutely kill me now. I can't even feicin' remember which street it's on. :o:rolleyes: I think it's Dominick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

The Galway Cultural Institute offers set-dancing lessons to their language students in both Monroes & the Claddagh Hall. I'm sure if you popped in, they would give you contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Awww I used to go to the Claddagh Hall Set-Dancing. Good times. Try asking at that Coffee-Shop/Youth-Club-y place with the Irish Name.... whaddyacall it..... They used to do 2/3 different types of Dance Classes 2/3 years ago anyway, not sure if they still are. This will absolutely kill me now. I can't even feicin' remember which street it's on. :o:rolleyes: I think it's Dominick?

:-)

An Tobar Nua - http://antobarnua.com/.

OP, also try asking at Arus na Gael http://www.arasnangael.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Aras!!! That's it!! Thanks Mrs. O B! :) Yeah try there O.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've had no luck with any of them so far but I'll keep trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

I'm answering my own question but just in case anyone else was interested, today's Advertiser has 'Dancers of the Tribes' Set Dancing in Lakeview School recommencing Tuesday the 20th September and every Tuesday night, beginners 7.30pm and Advanced 9pm.

Advertisement