Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Namaste Indian takeway in Smithfield closed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭Augme

Yeah, I agree. The OP daring to tell us it had closed ... disgraceful behaviour. ;)

I for one am quiet glad that the EHO felt it was in such a state that they needed to close to bring their establishment up to acceptable commercial hygiene standards.
    As no one knows why they were closed, we can only assume the EHO had sufficient grounds for doing so.
    There are many other eateries who get inspected and don't get closed down.

If people are happy with eating in places with the standard of a Thai street stall they can do so.
    Others arent and as was said earlier, while many never got sick, people with weakened immune systems are at serious risk. My family came into this second category.
    If people have a problem with them being closed down , PM me and I'll give them the name and number of the EHO so you can complain to her about having the audacity to do her job.

Very true. But that still didn't stop you with your insinuations.
    Just walked by and had a look.
    They are still cleaning. Must have been filthy if it's taken so long to get clean.
    Won't be eating there again!
    fsai site is updated.
    They are open today.
    5 days to sort out "storage" issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Augme wrote: »
    Very true. But that still didn't stop you with your insinuations.

What's not true about what I said?
    I'm also allowed to draw conclusions.
    They were closed from Monday to Friday evening. I saw them pulling out equipment and cleaning. I saw guys standing outside with rubber gloves and mops in their hands.
    It may well have been a "storage" issue but storage doesn't automatically exclude the idea that the place was unclean.

I know what I saw when I was in initially. I know what the EHO said to me. I also know her lack of surprise in what I brought up.

People in this thread have called me a liar about informing the fsai and being slanderous only for the fsai notification to be then posted. I notice those people haven't posted again or backed up their accusations when asked.i t's easy to be a keyboard warrior.

I'm quiet happy for them to listen to the voicemail left for me when the EHO had called to the premises telling me she had done so.

Rather than me having the issue. I don't. I can choose not to order from them again.

It's other people on this thread who seem to have an issue that someone would have reported them. Maybe if more people took action agaisnt these places, we'd have better standards.

I wonder how many of these people have ever gone inside the place rather than ordering online.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I really liked it when it 1st opened but as the years wore on the exterior and reception was allowed to get really grubby.
    I'm a shop keeper myself (not in food) and I think that the overall presentation of a premises is a reflection of the owner's interest in their business.

If I'm in a restaurant with filthy toilets I make a mental connection that the kitchen may not be great either. If I'm in a take away with a filthy reception I make the same connection.

I may not be right in the assumption that the state of the reception or toilets is a reflection of the kitchen but I eat with my eyes first and Namaste wouldn't have been enticing me in for a good number of years.

What's not true about what I said?
    I'm also allowed to draw conclusions.
    They were closed from Monday to Friday evening. I saw them pulling out equipment and cleaning. I saw guys standing outside with rubber gloves and mops in their hands.
    It may well have been a "storage" issue but storage doesn't automatically exclude the idea that the place was unclean.

I know what I saw when I was in initially. I know what the EHO said to me. I also know her lack of surprise in what I brought up.

People in this thread have called me a liar about informing the fsai and being slanderous only for the fsai notification to be then posted. I notice those people haven't posted again or backed up their accusations when asked.i t's easy to be a keyboard warrior.

I'm quiet happy for them to listen to the voicemail left for me when the EHO had called to the premises telling me she had done so.

Rather than me having the issue. I don't. I can choose not to order from them again.

It's other people on this thread who seem to have an issue that someone would have reported them. Maybe if more people took action agaisnt these places, we'd have better standards.

I wonder how many of these people have ever gone inside the place rather than ordering online.

About it being filthy. You have no idea if that's the case or not yet you claim it was.

About it being filthy. You have no idea if that's the case or not yet you claim it was.

I know what I saw. If you think I can't evaluate what I see then you're mistaken. If you think I can't recognise dirt then... well I'll leave you to end that one !
    I've worked in catering. I know what EHOs look at when they're on site.
    they don't close a place down for no reason....but I'm sure it's easier to defend the indefensible and shoot the messenger than it is to think the "holy grail" of indian takeaways did anything wrong.

• Advertisement

I know what I saw. If you think I can't evaluate what I see then you're mistaken. If you think I can't recognise dirt then... well I'll leave you to end that one !
    they don't close a place down for no reason....but I'm sure it's easier to defend the indefensible and shoot the messenger than it is to think the "holy grail" of indian takeaways did anything wrong.

No it's just easier to point out the facts that you have no idea what they were closed down. Something you have already admitted.

No it's just easier to point out the facts that you have no idea what they were closed down. Something you have already admitted.

Yes. You're right.
    They got closed down for not giving someone a free poppadom and some mint sauce...how foolish of me.

I'm sure that omission was the reason for all the cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

What exactly did you see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well it's back open now so I'm not sure why you keep on harping on about it.

They closed down Fade Street Social due to pluming so you haven't a clue why they close down places.

You worked in catering? Nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pity the FSAI don't elaborate a bit more. I mean, a food storage issue? Is that not storing certain foods in a fridge, is it storing raw foods beside cooked foods? No idea myself.

But the idea that unless people are getting sick it's ok is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Was open today and looked absolutely packed when I was passing it. Doesn't seem like the closer did any harm to their business anyway.

Advertisement