Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Live 30.8.2016 *spoilers*

• 30-08-2016 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER
    DALLAS, TX

Will The A-Lister suffer for ‘Talking Smack’?

WWE Network’s Talking Smack is quickly proving to be a “must-see” program on many levels. Most recently, a highly publicized incident occurred between Daniel Bryan and Intercontinental Champion The Miz, begging the question: Will there be any fallout tonight on SmackDown Live?

It is conceivable that The A-Lister will face some sort of repercussions for stepping over the line and into the face of SmackDown Live’s General Manager? Then again, despite Miz’s flagrant disrespect, perhaps Bryan and Commissioner Shane McMahon will end up giving Miz exactly what he wants and focusing a greater amount of energy on the Intercontinental Title.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens when Daniel Bryan addresses Miz’s actions one week after walking off the Talking Smack set.

The Headbangers return to WWE tonight on SmackDown Live

Former WWE Tag Team Champions The Headbangers, Mosh and Thrasher, surprised the WWE Universe when they announced on Twitter that they would be returning to WWE on tonight’s episode of SmackDown Live.

It has been quite some time since we have seen The Headbangers in a WWE ring and one must wonder why tonight will be the night for their return. Will their foray onto Team Blue have implications on the SmackDown Tag Team Championship Tournament that has already seen American Alpha and The Usos advance?

Find out tonight on SmackDown Live for what should undoubtedly be a rocking return for the wild former titleholders.

Will Randy Orton look to take The New Face of Fear to Viperville

Since SmackDown Live debuted, Bray Wyatt has attempted to use his own brand of dark chaos to turn Team Blue completely upside-down. But what will happen if he continues to cross arguably the most ruthlessly unpredictable force in all of WWE?

After The New Face of Fear stepped into the nest of The Viper last week on SmackDown, a conflict between Wyatt and Randy Orton may be imminent and could threaten to burn the whole place down. But it might also pretty fun to watch.

Is Styles too big for Backlash?

Not only did AJ Styles #BeatUpJohnCena and earn himself the right to be the No. 1 contender for Dean Ambrose’s WWE World Champion, but The Phenomenal One also prevented Dolph Ziggler from joining that showdown at Backlash.

Yes, Styles is definitely on top of the world. But when you reach that point, sometimes the only place to go is down. Will Ambrose knock him down a peg prior to their Sept. 11 showdown? And after Styles’ outspoken nature drew the ire of The Showoff, should he be worried about the rest of the locker room as well?

Is Carmella due for a Bella bustin’

After the SmackDown Women’s Title was unveiled on SmackDown Live and a Six-Pack Challenge for that title was announced to crown the inaugural champion at Backlash, up-and-coming Superstar Carmella made am aggressive statement. She attacked Nikki Bella before her SmackDown Live debut match — and then again on Talking Smack.

Will Nikki be out for payback on The Princess of Stanton Island? Yeah, probably. What other competitor will look to make their voice heard as things heats up on the road to SmackDown Live’ first solo pay-per-view.

Of all the tag teams to bring back they go with an underwhelming team from 15+ years ago. If the Headbangers can achieve any sort of reaction I'll be impressed.

I liked Smackdown last week so I'm eager to see what they come up with. I think the Bryan/Miz fallout will be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

After last night's ending to RAW Smackdown has one hell of a job to impress and the return of The Headbangers ain't going to cut the mustard.

Return of the headbangers and the main event has been announced as Ambrose vs Baron Corbin.

Not looking great!

How sad funny ironic whatever you want to call would it be if The Miz picks up an injury tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Miz could be on his way back into the main event scene if he keeps this form up.

And Ziggler arrives and kills the atmosphere.

Ziggler is a blackhole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ziggler needs to go away for awhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ricero wrote: »
    Ziggler needs to go away for awhile

That'll do.

Who did The Vaudevillains p1ss off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Who did The Vaudevillains p1ss off?

They must be complete tools backstage because they can do pretty much do it all, yet have been jobbed senseless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Neil3030 wrote: »
    They must be complete tools backstage because they can do pretty much do it all, yet have been jobbed senseless.

Apparently Gotch has a reputation for being a bit of a loudmouth backstage, it even got him into a fight with Sin Cara.

Still though, huge waste of talent given their awful booking.

• Advertisement

AJ looked p1ssed off a few times in that match with Crews

I find crews can be sloppy at times in the ring since his main roster call up

Zzzzzz......

Being poor is funny, apparently. Mother of jeebus that was dreadful.

I'd say that comes from Vince's mind.

Didn't Vince grow up in a trailer park.

Rhyno eating the cheese whizz and crackers was quite amusing

Bray Wyatt's promos would be almost believable if his win rate were more than 10%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't quite believe Dolph Ziggler - who utterly failed in his feud with Dean Ambrose and was shown to be a loser - comes out to give Miz advice on how to handle himself? WTF?

That had to be a rib on Dolph.

The Slater segment was poor as well. This show needs a strong second hour to get a thumbs up from me.

Is that Bryan's or Cena's Bella?

Was it just me or did it cut away early at the end of the Orton/Wyatt segment?

• Advertisement

Is that Bryan's or Cena's Bella?

Nikki is Cena's Bella.

I don't know if it's my imagination but I thought Naomi got a bigger pop than Becky there. I do like Naomi's entrance.

Naomi's entrance get a bigger pop than Naomi herself.

Damn, Naomi and Becky lose again. :mad:

Pretty crap show until now. Hopefully this match ends it on a high.

I'm all for having jobbers but feeding one to Kane of all people makes no sense.

No satisfactory finish and goofy humour at the end as well (that was right up Vince's alley - a guy getting crotched on the ropes and being stuck there for an age).

I didn't find anything on this show enjoyable or worth checking out again and it didn't get me excited for Backlash either. Sorry Smackdown...thumbs down from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I know that raw had the benefit of a title match last night but man the difference between the 2 shows ending couldn't have been bigger. I have no interest in where smackdown is going but raw on the other hand is looking great, for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Didn't really understand why they seem to have abandoned where they were going with Ziggler.

I thought the Slater bit was good, I don't think the job was so much that he is poor, as it is that he's a hick, which was kind of always his gimmick really to begin with. Can see him and Rhyno getting really over. They have that dynamic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not the greatest episode, but not the worst.

Really didnt buy the Slater thing at all, and it's typical WWE, missing why the crowd are getting behind him and trying to run the joke into the ground.

• Advertisement

The running order was all over the place; using up Miz, Ziggler, AJ, Orton and Wyatt in the first hour (only one of whom had a match) left them padding out the second half with filler until the main event.

Did anyone else get the impression that there were major issues with the commentary last night? A lot of dead air during the Ambrose Corbin match.

Advertisement