Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 11: Colunga > Peña Cabarga

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

power meter. I would have assumed, given the talk about them over the last day or two, it was a widely known what it was. sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

godtabh wrote: »
    power meter. I would have assumed, given the talk about them over the last day or two, it was a widely known what it was. sorry.

I'd have a better chance had you typed 'PM's' instead of 'PM' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Gianluca Brambilla, who was doing very well in the GC classification (11th before the start of the stage), lost a bucket load of time today (5'14" behind Froome). It's possible though that he is not focusing on GC anymore now that his Etixx team mate De La Cruz is in the top-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Gianluca Brambilla, who was doing very well in the GC classification (11th before the start of the stage), lost a bucket load of time today (5'14" behind Froome). It's possible though that he is not focusing on GC anymore now that his Etixx team mate De La Cruz is in the top-10.

I think Brambilla was focusing on GC but he is not a climber for the harder longer climbs.

Looks like Yates is goingup the GC and for me is a better bet than Chaves in the longer mountains to come

Scarponi also a good bet for longer stages as is Sammy Sanchez...so those three shoudl rise up GC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

neris wrote: »
    he won a stage or was it 2 that year and the red jersey

One stage and the red jersey and my first born named after him several days later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Watching the highlights on its and your 1 Laura from euros port didn't looked too impressed that Daniel friebe butted in on our interview with chases after the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

# I love the Veulta!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I think Brambilla was focusing on GC but he is not a climber for the harder longer climbs.

Looks like Yates is goingup the GC and for me is a better bet than Chaves in the longer mountains to come

Scarponi also a good bet for longer stages as is Sammy Sanchez...so those three shoudl rise up GC

Completely agree about Scarponi. He rode like a beast in the Giro, and looks to be on form now. These short sharp climbs don't suit him, so I am impressed he is doing so well on them.

I also agree on Yates; he is riding better than Chaves, and would be doing even better if he didn't have to work for him twice.

Brambilla either had a problem yesterday, or he saved his batteries for today. There is no way he loses so much on a climb like yesterday if he is healthy and fighting for GC. He actually beat Valverde and the rest of the GC guys on Naranco (Stage 9) an extremely similar finish.

I think he is targetting today's stage. I have backed him and Felline.

Advertisement