Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring stuck!

Options
  • 30-08-2016 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

I have s ring stuck on my big swollen finger! I genuinely can't get it off. I tried oil soap cold water. Any tips or failing that where Do I go to get it cut off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Get someone to help you with this method...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Does it actually work? My finger is very fat

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Does it actually work? My finger is very fat

I'd to get a jeweler to cut one off once

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think a jeweler or a doctor will cut it off (probably a&e as opposed to local gp) but jeweler is your best bet.

Thanks I have a hospital app tomorrow I'll ask them where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Have you tried icing your finger, it might make the swelling go down enough to allow you to force it off, put your hand in a basin of ice water for a few minutes and give it a try, nothing ventured nothing gained

Have you tried icing your finger, it might make the swelling go down enough to allow you to force it off, put your hand in a basin of ice water for a few minutes and give it a try, nothing ventured nothing gained

No I've put it in cold water but I have no Ice - will buy a bag tomorrow to try this.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Another thing you can do is hold your hands above your head for a bit and see does any swelling go down that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Toots wrote: »
    Another thing you can do is hold your hands above your head for a bit and see does any swelling go down that way.

Icing+hold it above head +string = definite success

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I've heard that butter works to help loosen it. Hope you get sorted. This hot weather is a nightmare for swollen legs and fingers!

• Advertisement

Thanks all. I'm going to go for a
    Swim I think- my rings used to nearly fall
    Off swimming, so I'll see if that helps. If not I'll try the ice and string, and if that fails I'll go plead with the local
    Firemen to help me out :-)

Advertisement