Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Gates

Options
  • 30-08-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I wonder can anybody help. We are finally going to invest in an automation system for our iron gates. We have decided to but in an underground system. I was going to purchase a well less known Italian kit but was advised against. We live in an exposed area near the sea. Can any of ye recommend a system and where best to purchase in the south east of the country. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

You mentioned Iron gates, are they ornate ? which leads me onto my next question, how heavy are they?

Next question and it is one you touched upon is, how wind resistant are they? As in, in a strong wind would the gates move if they were free and not automated?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Get yourself a ditec or came (pr. Kam-eh) . Good reliable systems that will last a while and will always have spare parts easily available . Bit like a ford focus :D

But make sure you get a licensed fitter who can provide you with all the needed paperwork and training . Anything happen down the line you could be in a spot of bother otherwise.

Get yourself a ditec or came (pr. Kam-eh) . Good reliable systems that will last a while and will always have spare parts easily available . Bit like a ford focus :D

But make sure you get a licensed fitter who can provide you with all the needed paperwork and training . Anything happen down the line you could be in a spot of bother otherwise.

Best to establish how heavy the OP's gate is first don't you think?

Look at any Ditec or Came manual and you will see a specification of what each motor can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coffeycream

Thanks for your replies, I suppose I can't tell you exactly how heavy the gates are but they are heavier than the standard gates and wouldn't move in the wind really.
    Will investigate the two makes you have suggested putt in there.

It does not matter what make the.motors are, all motors are designed for certain weights and if the weight of the gate exceeds the specified weight bearing design of the motor, then don't be surprised if you find that your motors are failing every few years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement