Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi going from connected to limited

Options
  • 30-08-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Recently moved from vodafone standard to eir fibre optic. Can connect tv, Xbox, phones and tablets with no issues. However, laptop will connect for a while, then change from connected to limited. Can be impossible to reconnect, and is very frustrating. Sometimes will connect for a few minutes with restarting the laptop, then change to limited, very frustrating. Also unable to connect harddrive computer at all, via WiFi, again recognises address, but only displays limited, and we can't connect.
    Is there anything that can be done, tried live chat- told to disconnect and reconnect modem, but that meant I lost connection with technician.Very frustrated, especially when we didn't have these issues with a standard vodafone connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

CraftySue wrote: »
    Recently moved from vodafone standard to eir fibre optic. Can connect tv, Xbox, phones and tablets with no issues. However, laptop will connect for a while, then change from connected to limited. Can be impossible to reconnect, and is very frustrating. Sometimes will connect for a few minutes with restarting the laptop, then change to limited, very frustrating. Also unable to connect harddrive computer at all, via WiFi, again recognises address, but only displays limited, and we can't connect.
    Is there anything that can be done, tried live chat- told to disconnect and reconnect modem, but that meant I lost connection with technician.Very frustrated, especially when we didn't have these issues with a standard vodafone connection.
    Hi CraftySue, 

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am very sorry to hear you are having some issues with connecting the WiFi to your laptop.

For the best support on this, I would recommend you contact our broadband support team directly and the guys will look into this for you. 

You contact hem directly on 1800-260-260 or freephone 1901.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement