Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSPE links ?

Options
  • 30-08-2016 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend websites that would be useful for CSPE ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

NCW feen wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend websites that would be useful for CSPE ?

CSPE.TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Looks like a good website. I am after getting a 2nd and 3rd year CSPE class this year without having done it before.

When is the project done? 2nd or 3rd year? Is there much work in getting the project done with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yeah, seems to have come back with a bang this year, many schools were wrongly informed it could be dropped.

Looks like a good website. I am after getting a 2nd and 3rd year CSPE class this year without having done it before.

When is the project done? 2nd or 3rd year? Is there much work in getting the project done with them?

You *could* do a mock one in second year, but must obviously have one in 3rd year. I would bring my class on a visit out for the project. Then I would supervise the write up during class time, leaving very little for me to do on it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

I do the project in 2nd year and get them to do a rough write up which I file away until 3rd year when the booklets are issued. One less thing to worry about for 3rd year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Go online and find the project book, you'll see what they have to fill out. Good for the students to have that before you start so they know what to aim for. I'm doing it in 3rd year now. Doing it last year would have been a better idea probably but I find it's a nice distraction for them too, they get to go out for the day and organising the trip is more fun than regular class and a break from the norm for them.

For resources most NGOs do development education resources. They'll have posters and powerpoints and that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just reading up on some info online now. I see this in the guidelines

"Students are required to undertake TWO Action Projects over the three years of the junior cycle. Students are also required to submit either a report on ONE of their Action Projects or a course-work assessment booklet for assessment purposes."

From what I remember from school I only ever did one project. Has it changed? Will you be asked about a second action project separate from the report you do on one?

Just reading up on some info online now. I see this in the guidelines

"Students are required to undertake TWO Action Projects over the three years of the junior cycle. Students are also required to submit either a report on ONE of their Action Projects or a course-work assessment booklet for assessment purposes."

From what I remember from school I only ever did one project. Has it changed? Will you be asked about a second action project separate from the report you do on one?

Short answer to this is no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

You are supposed to do at least two action project, but only one will be assessed. Additional action projects can be very simple, such as raising awareness about an issue (put up posters, make an announcement on intercom etc), tackle an environmental issue in school (litter picking, put up recycling notices, clean chewing gum from desks etc). Realistically nobody will ask about it, though it can be good practice for the write up. But we've had a recent enough CSPE inspection and additional projects were never mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

The website for CSPE which was a useful resource seems to have been taken down. Does anyone know if it will be updated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

http://www.actonline.ie

Is that it or is there another?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    http://www.actonline.ie

Is that it or is there another?
    It was CSPE.tv. Has been taken over by a clothing website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Maybe email the cspe association to see if they know where or why it's gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Realbhoy

The Oireachtas website is adding new material pretty regularly: lesson plans and resources around democracy
    https://beta.oireachtas.ie/en/visit-and-learn/teachers-and-students/

Advertisement