Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Ballyfermot like now?

Options
  • 31-08-2016 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hey, am looking at buying a house in Ballyer, just wondering what it's like there now?

The sister lives up at the Kylemore end but has said that apparently that lower Ballyer is now fairly rough (I think it was always considered the fairly quiet end).

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I always seem to remember that the lower end of Landen and around Lally Road were grand, only seemed to find trouble the further up ya went, and even then is was grand in fairness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Nearly 2am now. It's dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

according to joe duffy its paradise inhabited by lovely salt of the earth people .......... but not good enough if your pocketing close on half a million quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Old Ballyfermot uppr and lower is fine for the most part, always has been.....Cherry Orchard and it's various 'estates' bad news to live in....it's just feral ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I wouldn't go near the kip, any part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

That seems quite a generalization? Is your view based on recent or past anecdotal experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Know somebody that lives at the bottom of it (as in near the GAA club) and it seems fine. Handy for town as well.

You'll be grand anywhere outside of Cherry Orchard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Grand. We'll be fine without you :D

I've lived at the lower end, near the pitch and putt course for over 10 years. Very happy living there except there's not a huge amount of retail/eateries in immediate walking distance. But very close to town.

In fairness, the main retail strip from Tesco to the Gala is as ugly as sin.

Advertisement