Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line fault on Aritech/GE system

Options
  • 31-08-2016 7:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an issue on a house I recently moved into.
    Basically when I set the alarm and then unset on arrival back home I cannot open the back door of the house without the alarm sounding and a message.

Tele Line Fault 01 Act 00 7 Sys

The number 00 increments each time so it's just the log event I imagine.

The odd time something about tamper pops up briefly, but doesn't seem to be in the logs.

The control box mounted internally has an intermittent ticking sound coming from it, if that's relevant.

The fault was not there for a couple of weeks and has only developed since I moved in.

Just wondering is this user serviceable.
    Cheers.
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

What panel is it? As in which model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hi Kub,

I'll find out for you later. At the moment all I know is that it's an GE system I assume re-branded by Aritech if that's how things work in the security industry.

Just to be clear when you say panel, do you mean the front of house keypad or the back of house box where the sensor wires terminate back to?

CHeers.

kub wrote: »
    What panel is it? As in which model?

Hi,

It's a GE Interlogix CS250.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

CS 250, right. So has there been any issues or work done to your telephone line recently?

Is there a telephone junction box anywhere near your back door.

kub wrote: »
    CS 250, right. So has there been any issues or work done to your telephone line recently?

Is there a telephone junction box anywhere near your back door.

Cheers,
    We have a line in and we have broadband with Vodafone. That was set up recently.

But we don't actually have a phone service or a public phone number.
    I'm not sure how Vodafone do it but they must have some private numbers that they hand out to people who want Internet but no phone.

All the phone lines are at the front of the house. I can trace them from the hall to the converted attic.
    You are after getting me thinking though. I think the previous owner mentioned he either had the alarm set up to text him or the alarm was capable of doing so.

I assumed that would be a GSM dialler though.

Looks like a trip to the crawl space is in order to see was it ever hooked up to a physical line that I haven't spotted on my travels there.
    Unlikely I have to say. I've run cabling around the attic alright so I'm familiar with what goes where at this stage.

This issue started before I went into the crawl space or got the Internet set up though.

• Advertisement

OK, so I got into the attic and there's no phone line going into the panel.

Managed to get a screen shot of the tamper error.

Zone Tamp Local
    001 Act 02 0 A1

I checked the sensors on the door and wiggled them about but couldn't trigger the alarm, only when I open the door will it kick the error and sound the bells.

I assume at this stage it's a call out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its telling you tamper on zone 1 its probably wired with duel end of line resistors. Have you opened the sensor(s) on that zone to check the connections.

Cheers KoolKid,

Would I need to do anything with the engineering code to stop the bells from sounding?
    Will have a pop at it later and see.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you enter the code the bells will not activate for the tamper fault.

KoolKid wrote: »
    If its telling you tamper on zone 1 its probably wired with duel end of line resistors. Have you opened the sensor(s) on that zone to check the connections.

Well I've taken off the sensor and it looks ok. Ok to my eye that is. All wires connected and a small resistor/transistor gadget in there connected up. Nothing obvious sticking out.

• Advertisement

Any chance you could post a pic of that and the panel connections.

Edit :Sorry just reading that again. The tamper local could refer to the panel lid. Check that also.

So I popped the panel cover and adjusted a spring as it looked like it would be pushed to one side when the cover went back on. I am assuming this is the means of detecting intrusion into the panel.

I also tightened the terminal screws in the sensor above the door for good measure.

Not sure if it's fixed fixed, but I opened the back door and no alarm!
    Needs further testing but hopefully it's sorted.

Thanks for the advice lads.
    R.

Advertisement