Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me an eye cream

• 31-08-2016 7:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for an eye cream, specifically to deal with dark circles and tired eyes. Thankfully, despite being well into my thirties, wrinkles aren't an issue for me yet, but black circles are.

Money isn't really a concern here, so I'm open to all suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I recently got a sample of the Elizabeth Arden ceramide eye cream and was very happy with it, it appears to have brightened up my skin around my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dermalogica age smart - Age reversal complex eye cream. Amazing. It's meant to be for older ladies but I find it amazing for dark circles.

I'm using a decleor one at the moment, I think there's jasmine in it. It's nice, but can't touch Dermalogica one.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I'm using a Ren one which is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

thanks all for the suggestions so far.

@Lexie - any time I've tried Dermologica products, I find them very heavy, just sitting on the surface of my skin. Is that cream light?

I'll be passing through the airport tomorrow, so I can check all of these out.

I have normal skin with a bit of dehydration so maybe it's not heavy on my skin, but could be on yours? What skin type do you have? Maybe call into an image stockist and ask for a tester of the vitamin c eyecream? I think if you're going to spend a lot on a product, it might as well be a professional product. No harm in trying anyway! Maybe get a sample of that Dermalogica eye complex too.

If you need any help with samples, let me know and I'll try help you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Clarins eye contour balm is great. Keeps the area moisturised but it's light. I'm 40 with no lines but dark circles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I know it's not what you asked but I find clarins instant concealer magic.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

This sounds super-obvious so don't dismiss it but one of the biggest causes of dark circles is dehydration.

I was shocked at the difference religiously drinking 2 litres made to my eyes, it did more than any eye-cream ever did (and I've tried all the expensive ones).

Seriously, don't dismiss it until you've tried it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks. I drink about 3 litres of water per day. I have naturally very pale skin (which is why concealer doesn't really work) and have always had dark circles. A lot of rest and sunshine helps, but that's not always possible.

In the end, I went with Lancôme Hydra Zen. I already use their Fluid moisturiser, and I liked the feel of the sample I tried. Let's see!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

dudara wrote: »
    Thanks. I drink about 3 litres of water per day. I have naturally very pale skin (which is why concealer doesn't really work) and have always had dark circles. A lot of rest and sunshine helps, but that's not always possible.

In the end, I went with Lancôme Hydra Zen. I already use their Fluid moisturiser, and I liked the feel of the sample I tried. Let's see!!

Ah fair enough just thought I'd mention it.

I also heard that vitamin C serums are supposed to be good for dark circles too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Can any recommend an eye cream for dry/dehydrated skin under the eyes? I've noticed this past 2 weeks that when I put on concealer under my eyes, my usual routine is to let it set for a few mins then blend it in, usually gives me good enough coverage. But I've noticed that past week or two that the concealer seems to be soaking in when I've left it to set.
    I've been using Benefit's It's Potent eye cream for a while, morning and evening, it's nearly gone. I am trying to up my water intake. Are there any good hydrating eye creams you can recommend? Age early 30's tbw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Not an eye cream but I really like Becca under eye corrector, it's fantastic for brightening dark circles with and without makeup and it's great for pale skin.

I hope the eye cream works for you, I'd love to find solution myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

GingerLily wrote: »
    Not an eye cream but I really like Becca under eye corrector, it's fantastic for brightening dark circles with and without makeup and it's great for pale skin.

I hope the eye cream works for you, I'd love to find solution myself!

I got the eye corrector from your recommendation on the other thread and I love it! Don't use it all the time but when I do it's amazing and only need the littlest bit! I think I'm saving it for what I don't know! Must use it more!! Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Can any recommend an eye cream for dry/dehydrated skin under the eyes? I've noticed this past 2 weeks that when I put on concealer under my eyes, my usual routine is to let it set for a few mins then blend it in, usually gives me good enough coverage. But I've noticed that past week or two that the concealer seems to be soaking in when I've left it to set.
    I've been using Benefit's It's Potent eye cream for a while, morning and evening, it's nearly gone. I am trying to up my water intake. Are there any good hydrating eye creams you can recommend? Age early 30's tbw.
    Still on the look out for a hydrating eye cream if anyone has any recommendations?
    Since then I have bought an eye serum in TK Maxx and an eye gel in Aldi. Both seem to be more for tightening under the eyes than hydrating the delicate skin. Could anyone recommend an eye cream that moisturises and hydrates the under eye skin?

Get a sample of the decleor one - aurabsolute I think it called that would be hydrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭urbanshirl

I have tried every eye cream on the market and have yet to find one I rate. Nuxe have a new one coming out I think and I've heard great things so I think that'll be my next purchase 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Still on the look out for a hydrating eye cream if anyone has any recommendations?
    Since then I have bought an eye serum in TK Maxx and an eye gel in Aldi. Both seem to be more for tightening under the eyes than hydrating the delicate skin. Could anyone recommend an eye cream that moisturises and hydrates the under eye skin?
    If SPF/anti-aging isn't a concern for you within a cream I highly, highly recommend Bobbi Browns hydrating eye cream. This stuff is magic for dry/dehydrated eyes. Within a week you will notice a difference.

http://www.brownthomas.com/beauty/skincare/eye-care/hydrating-eye-cream-15ml/41x1830xe65y.html

Horrendously expensive but you only need a tiny bit at a time, a pot lasts me around nine months usually.

Get a sample before buying though, because although I personally find it to be amazing, you may not like it at all and it would be a very expensive mistake to buy and not like it.

Bobbi staff often say they've no samples (unless you buy something then they give you samples) so bring in a pot with you and they'll put some into it for you to try. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I simply apply Monsia intense night repair cream followed by vit E oil to seal in the moisture every evening and it seems to be working well, my skin is in it's 70's. I don't smoke and very seldom wear heavy makeup plus I have to thank my mother because I think I have her genes!

Advertisement