Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebooks. Best place to download?

• 31-08-2016 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭

As title suggests.

I'm currently on holiday, and kids are back to school, so I thought maybe it was time to dig the Kobo out that I received as a Christmas present.

I am kind of miffed at the whole downloading malarkey from so many various sources, hence why I'm posting here for the advise.

Current book I'm after is "white line fever" (autobiography of Lemmy)

Prices differ so much from Amazon/Google/Kobo etc, I'm just wondering if there's any such thing as a price comparison site for downloading epubs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

If you haven't seen it yet you should check out https://fe.bolindadigital.com/wldcs_bol_fo/b2i/mainPage.html?b2bSite=4815

[I know, I know the url is sketch looking but it's a genuine site]

It's a website called Borrowbox, and if you are a member of Dublin City Public Libraries you can log in with your card number and pin. It gives you access for up to 5 ebooks and 5 audio-books for up to 42 days. There are limitations - if a copy is on loan it can't be borrowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you get set up on Calibre, you can convert kindle format books from Amazon to epub format to load onto the kobo.

Also project guttenberg has loads of out-of-copyright books. It'll download them into your google drive with a single click too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement