Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2017

Options
  • 31-08-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

It's very early but I've just gotten my positive test, we have been trying for a year. I want to scream it from the roof top.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Congratulations Kidcummins!

I'm in the March thread but I'm sure it won't be long until there's other May mammies to keep you company!

Best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Yayyyyy I was wondering when the May thread would start! I'm always excited to see them as it makes me feel like I'm getting closer to being a mammy!

Congratulations. It's so hard not to tell everybody isn't it?! Another few weeks and it will sink in and you'll find it easier to keep schtum. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and am in the (pretty much dead) January thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Yayyyyy I was wondering when the May thread would start! I'm always excited to see them as it makes me feel like I'm getting closer to being a mammy!

Congratulations. It's so hard not to tell everybody isn't it?! Another few weeks and it will sink in and you'll find it easier to keep schtum. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and am in the (pretty much dead) January thread.

Your half way there, congratulations. Is this your 1st baby? Felt any movement yet?

Ladies
    Can anyone recommend an app to follow, you know week by week growth. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

kidcummins wrote: »
    Ladies

Congrats. I don't know an app but my wife and I just followed the babycenter.com weekly update (see 10 week example below). They might have an app version too... but we just googled "babycenter week X" every week :)

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-10-weeks_1099.bc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I used both the BabyCentre app and Ovia Pregnancy app. I love the Ovia app!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Seconding Ovia, thought it was very good, if a little US-centric - for example it talks at 34 weeks about planning for going back to work, I'm only going back when my son is 9 months old so I didn't need to see it that early!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MonsieK

It's very early but I've just gotten my positive test, we have been trying for a year. I want to scream it from the roof top.

Congratulations! You must be super excited!

It's very early for me too but it's great to be able to share it with someone :)
    Is this your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Ladies

Congrats kidcummins

I use Ovia and what to expect when expecting (I love the weekly videos)

MonsieK wrote: »
    Congratulations! You must be super excited!

It's very early for me too but it's great to be able to share it with someone :)
    Is this your first?
    Hiya
    We are super excited, we have a little boy who will be 3 in December . Fingers crossed this pregnancy goes aswel as the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 MonsieK

Hiya
    We are super excited, we have a little boy who will be 3 in September. Fingers crossed this pregnancy goes aswel as the last.

Fingers crossed!
    It's going to be my second too. Scary but exciting at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jasmine_16

Hi girls, looks like I'm joining you. I'm still in the shock phase right now, so is himself! Just found out a couple of hours ago. We were planning to try after we moved into our new home. But here we are, probably a couple of months from moving in. I don't know whether to laugh, cry, get sick or just pass out :eek:

I've two older children so I will have baby-sitters on hand. Due around 9th May. Can't believe I just wrote that! Wishing all Mommies to be happy and healthy pregnancies! :)

MonsieK wrote: »
    Fingers crossed!
    It's going to be my second too. Scary but exciting at the same time :)

It kinda is scary, I feel like I've forgotten all the 'rules' for pregnancy. Pulled out the what to expect book this evening for a reminder of what to not eat........Goodbye for now my McD milkshakes 😔 got set up with the ovia and what to expect app so it's nice to have something to check into each day. I remember last time up to 12 weeks flew but from telling everyone until the next appointment at 20 weeks it dragged...........Gp appointment in the morning to get the ball rolling.

Hiya
    We are super excited, we have a little boy who will be 3 in December . Fingers crossed this pregnancy goes aswel as the last.
    It kinda is scary, I feel like I've forgotten all the 'rules' for pregnancy....Gp appointment in the morning to get the ball rolling.
    My last was twelve years ago, so scary doesn't cover it :eek:

Hope the appointment goes well this morning KC :)

Jasmine_16 wrote: »
    My last was twelve years ago, so scary doesn't cover it :eek:

Hope the appointment goes well this morning KC :)

Woah, 12 years. It is starting all over again. There is 11 years between myself and my eldest brother and my mother said basically he took care of me when he was home so you will have a great helper, hopefully! !
    Appointment this morning was actually quite embarrassing, doctors test didn't really show up. She was like do one of your own at home and ring back in, haha!! I think I was a bit eager, just the 4 weeks today ðŸ˜႒

Woah, 12 years. It is starting all over again. There is 11 years between myself and my eldest brother and my mother said basically he took care of me when he was home so you will have a great helper, hopefully! !
    Appointment this morning was actually quite embarrassing, doctors test didn't really show up. She was like do one of your own at home and ring back in, haha!! I think I was a bit eager, just the 4 weeks today ðŸ˜႒

Did you drink lots of water before the appointment? If I'm right in thinking it dilutes your wee sample. First wee in the morning mid-stream I think is the best time. So what happens now? Will you bring in the test or will they retest you?

I think it was around 8 last night I got a big dirty positive though. Still going through waves of shock. And as for my helpers, the other one is 14 so I hope you are right! It will be like starting all over again.

First lot of morning sickness today, God I don't miss that. Hope you are all well today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

woohoo me too
    Found out on Monday with Clearblue digital test
    First child for both of us
    A huge shock as only married 2 months, we had to be honest not living very 'healthily' and had intended to knuckle down and be sensible when we found out.
    (Eating healthily and walking etc since Monday though!)
    Due on May 9
    Convinced period will come - checking in toilet hourly! Bought mountains of pregnancy tests and all confirm positive! Line gets stronger each day.
    Discussing private vs public at the moment... quoted 4k in Rotunda...

Main concern at present is 'will it stick'!!

woohoo me too
    A huge shock as only married 2 months, we had to be honest not living very 'healthily' and had intended to knuckle down and be sensible for next month's attempt when we found out.
    Due on May 9
    Convinced period will come - checking in toilet hourly! Bought mountains of pregnancy tests and all confirm positive! Line gets stronger each day.
    Used Ovia app for ovulation, pretty much got it right by the looks of it, and switched to pregnancy app now.

double post.. sorry

mrsmags16 wrote: »
    woohoo me too
    A huge shock as only married 2 months, we had to be honest not living very 'healthily' and had intended to knuckle down and be sensible when we found out.
    Due on May 9

Congratulations :) you are due the same day as me! That said, my other children were c/s so I'm sure I'll be brought in a week before for another.

Fair play to you going out for walks, I need to do the same. Feel very sluggish though, I've strong menstrual cramps at times. How is your energy?

You and hubs must be over the moon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

I'm due 3rd May, my 4th. Very shocked as it was unplanned but am coming around to the idea slowly.

This will be my 4th section so I will probably have the baby in April.

Have terrible hip pain already, but the same thing happen on my third. I hope it doesn't get too bad.

Feel a bit nauseous on and off, but not too bad.

goingagain wrote: »
    I'm due 3rd May, my 4th. Very shocked as it was unplanned but am coming around to the idea slowly.

This will be my 4th section so I will probably have the baby in April.

Have terrible hip pain already, but the same thing happen on my third. I hope it doesn't get too bad.

Feel a bit nauseous on and off, but not too bad.
    Congratulations! Wow number four. You are going to be busy! :) I suffer from pelvic dysfunction when pregnant, so not looking forward to that. Keep telling myself it will be worth it all!

Isn't it generally about a week before your due date they bring you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

Congratulations! Wow number four. You are going to be busy! :) I suffer from pelvic dysfunction when pregnant, so not looking forward to that. Keep telling myself it will be worth it all!

Isn't it generally about a week before your due date they bring you in?

Yes generally 39 weeks they will section you.

I always have pelvis problems as well, it's starting so early I hope it's not really bad this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Claire311

Hi all im due april 30th so cud possibly b a may baby! Im 5weeks 5days with my first pregnancy! Have any of ye ladies suffered with itchy skin in early pregnancy?

I always have pelvis problems as well, it's starting so early I hope it's not really bad this time.
    That is very early. I hospital gave me a stomach support and crutches in the past. One thing I'm definitely going to invest in is a body pillow. If you have one already, they have a current offer on them in Lidl as far as I know. Approx 10 quid I think. That might help if you are uncomfortable at night.
    Claire311 wrote: »
    Hi all im due april 30th so cud possibly b a may baby! Im 5weeks 5days with my first pregnancy! Have any of ye ladies suffered with itchy skin in early pregnancy?

Hi Claire, congratulations :) I'm not sure if itchy skin in pregnancy could have other reasons behind it, but I got itchy around my tummy and hips. I think it was skin stretching that was causing it though.

That is very early. The hospital gave me a stomach support and crutches in the past. One thing I'm definitely going to invest in is a body pillow. If you dont have one already, they have a current offer on them in Lidl as far as I know. Approx 10 quid I think. That might help if you are uncomfortable at night.
    Claire311 wrote: »

Hi Claire, congratulations :) I'm not sure if itchy skin in pregnancy could have other reasons behind it, but I got itchy around my tummy and hips. I think it was skin stretching that was causing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Claire311

Thanks for reply jasmine! I did mention it to gp and he said it was a symptom of the pregnancy n recommended hydrocorsodol cream i also have a rash on arms n stomach that comes and goes! Hasnt helped with the itching though!

Congratulations :) you are due the same day as me! That said, my other children were c/s so I'm sure I'll be brought in a week before for another.

Fair play to you going out for walks, I need to do the same. Feel very sluggish though, I've strong menstrual cramps at times. How is your energy?

You and hubs must be over the moon :)

We are delighted and surprised but terrified something will go wrong...probably as it's first time.
    I'm a doctor so a bit biased in a pessimistic way when it comes to health in general anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I cannot believe I am posting here.. i took seven tests last night and they were all positive! According to my dates I am due on May 7th. Eeek! We have only been trying a couple of months. I went into absolute shock, freezing, shaking, etc. We are so excited! When should I get to my GP and start all that stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I cannot believe I am posting here.. i took seven tests last night and they were all positive! According to my dates I am due on May 7th. Eeek! We have only been trying a couple of months. I went into absolute shock, freezing, shaking, etc. We are so excited! When should I get to my GP and start all that stuff?

Congratulations!
    You can go to the gp as soon as you like to get the ball rolling on your care. They'll get you started with the mother and baby scheme (free medical care during pregnancy for yourself anf baby), and tell you when they'll refer you on to the hospital or advise you about self referral if you're in an area where that happens.

Advertisement